AMEX Offer: Spend $500 on Carnival, get $100 statement credit

gtalum

Any word if they plan on offering it again for the next 6 months?

I don't think they ever provide that information. And the question is not even worded correctly. It should be will the Carnival Corporation decide to offer it to AMEX for their customers again.

I read the find print in the offer, and it specifically says it's for $500 towards booking a cruise. I wonder if that's the problem? I'm paying towards a cruise I already booked. I have a receipt from HAL, and it shows the $500 being applied to the balance due. Nothing about shorex, dining rez, etc., which are too early to book anyway since the cruise is a year away.

I'll wait a few days to see what happens. Thanks for your insights and suggestions.

Roz

That's my understanding of the fine print you have to have booked the cruise between 2/2018 - 5/31/2018, to receive the credit. I was going to pay on a 2018 Christmas cruise that I booked last year and then decided to read the fine print. LOL ;p

That's my understanding of the fine print you have to have booked the cruise between 2/2018 - 5/31/2018, to receive the credit. I was going to pay on a 2018 Christmas cruise that I booked last year and then decided to read the fine print. LOL ;p

Gosh darn it, that may be the problem. I booked the cruise I paid $500 on back in December, but have another one I booked in February that I should have put the money towards. &^%$#!

Roz

Gosh darn it, that may be the problem. I booked the cruise I paid $500 on back in December, but have another one I booked in February that I should have put the money towards. &^%$#!

Roz

It doesn’t matter when you book, it matters on when you make the payment. I have used this before and had put deposits down prior to the offer. I had the deposits refunded to the original form of payment and replaced them with my Amex cards.

I still haven't received my credit, and can't figure out why.

Roz

I can’t remember if you said before but. does the charge on your Amex show as “Reservations” and is the offer showing as “Redeemed” under your card or is still under “Added”?

835675a4fe990d690df0388af34cbd11.jpg

dec12e0bbd443eebca72b0668cebaa67.jpg

Roz

We booked in January 2018 and have used the offer three times (three different Amex card of course) so the fine print regarding cruises booked between certain dates is not enforced, at least not with Carnival. Maybe there's a catch with HAL in that you DO have to book within the specified dates? I would ask this over on the HAL board and see if that's the case.

ETA: I just checked a similar thread over on the HAL board and folks reported that the offer was working on cruises booked prior to the booking window stated in the offer.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2593773&highlight=amex

Edited by joepeka

Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me. I added the offer to my card on May 12, and then emailed my TA. She got back with me on May 13 and sent me a new statement from HAL showing the $500 being credited to my booking. My AMEX statement shows the charge being made to my account on May 13.

Roz

Does anyone know how often they run this promotion? Not sure I’ll be ready to book by May 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See my post #80 above. I would guess it will come back later this year. Just an educated guess. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much! I added the deal to my card, and made a $500 payment towards cruises already booked, and received an email from AMEX rightaway. I used this offer last year also, and appreciated the heads up! 20% savings better than the 10% savings with gift cards.:cool::cool:

I'm assuming that you can't make two $500 payments toward your cruise and get the $100 credit twice....right? (But feel free to tell me I'm wrong. :D )

If the offer is available on two different Amex cards, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Thanks for posting. Just got Amex Platinum, added offer, paid $500 towards my amount due and got an email immediately saying I had used the offer and will get the $100 credit.

My Credit posted 2 days later. Thanks Again.

I'm assuming that you can't make two $500 payments toward your cruise and get the $100 credit twice....right? (But feel free to tell me I'm wrong. :D )

I had it on four cards between my wife and I, used all four on a $3k cruise. Got $400 off of the $2k in AMEX charges.