Can we add return transfers while on the cruise?

moki'smommy

The title says it all. We are uncertain as to our return transportation arrangements at this time. Can we add Princess transfers back to the airport after we board the ship? And if so, is it applied to our onboard account allowing us to pay for it in OBC?

As per above, yes and yes.

But add the following caveats:

The price could be noticeably higher than booking in advance. Though a moot point if you have non-refundable OBC that otherwise would have gone unused.

And there is always a remote possibility that transfers could sell out. In most of the world they can add capacity at the last minute. But in places such as Alaska with limited hours coaches can travel, maybe not

As per above, yes and yes.

But add the following caveats:

The price could be noticeably higher than booking in advance. Though a moot point if you have non-refundable OBC that otherwise would have gone unused.

And there is always a remote possibility that transfers could sell out. In most of the world they can add capacity at the last minute. But in places such as Alaska with limited hours coaches can travel, maybe not

Due that remote possibility we recently decided to pay for the Princess transfer from Southampton to LHR next month.

We planned to use non-refundable OBC to purchase the transfer onboard but that OBC will be used for other purposes. We’ll have remaining refundable OBC that will be mailed to us by check which will pay for our pre-purchased transfers.

We prefer doing it that way to eliminate even a remote possibility of being sold out & having to take time during our cruise searching for another way to get to LHR for our 1615 flight.

We’ve researched car services & National Express Coach which we’re using to get to Southampton several days in advance.

Due that remote possibility we recently decided to pay for the Princess transfer from Southampton to LHR next month.

We planned to use non-refundable OBC to purchase the transfer onboard but that OBC will be used for other purposes. We’ll have remaining refundable OBC that will be mailed to us by check which will pay for our pre-purchased transfers.

We prefer doing it that way to eliminate even a remote possibility of being sold out & having to take time during our cruise searching for another way to get to LHR for our 1615 flight.

We’ve researched car services & National Express Coach which we’re using to get to Southampton several days in advance.

We booked return transfer while heading back to Southamptonon Crown Princess last year and price was the same. Just wanted the convenience even though it cost a few more bucks.

We booked return transfer while heading back to Southamptonon Crown Princess last year and price was the same. Just wanted the convenience even though it cost a few more bucks.

Each of us have our own comfort zone for travel & there are enough options to discover our best one & like you we decided the Princess transfer was best for this trip.

As for the non-refundable OBC... On our last cruise we had a bunch of non-refundable OBC. Used some of it for two Princess excursions. Added the rest to my cruise card at a slot machine. Played a few minutes two different days. The next to last day I played a bit longer and turned the final $200 into $150. (Yep, that's how I roll...). Took my card to the casher's window and cashed out the last $150 and took it home.

Each of us have our own comfort zone for travel & there are enough options to discover our best one & like you we decided the Princess transfer was best for this trip.

Doing it again next year so might be more adventurous and see if easy connection from train back to London on to Heathrow:)

Interesting thought:

There's a thread about Royal changing dis/embarkation ports (Le Havre) and folks with EzAir being

covered. Would folks with just transfers have been accommodated, too?

Interesting thought:

There's a thread about Royal changing dis/embarkation ports (Le Havre) and folks with EzAir being

covered. Would folks with just transfers have been accommodated, too?

Hard to say what Princess would have done. When we were unable to embark due to a weather related situation (the ship couldn't get into port due to heavy fog), Princess provided a hotel and transportation to the hotel and back to the port the next day for those who had booked "the full package" with them. They defined this as cruise, air, and transfers. People who had not booked all three thru Princess were on their own to make arrangements for the night and embarkation the next day.

I just cruised on the Emerald Princess. I had pre-purchased a hop on hop off tour with a transfer and luggage storage. It was cancelled. The first tour desk rep booked me on a tour of Vancouver with an airport transfer. After I thought about it, I went back to the desk on the next to the last day and cancelled it and purchased a transfer. It was the same price offered at booking.

if we booked and paid for post-cruise transfers, can we cancel them while on the ship if we find a better option or a post cruise, non-Princess, tour?

Yes, you can cancel, at least 24-48 hours before. Be sure to talk to the Shore Excursion Desk and get a confirmation. We have done this several times.