Is Carnival using Romaine lettuce in the meals?

jordanaire

The romaine lettuce that caused people to be sick was from one area in Arizona. Grocery stores and restaurants and the ships are all using /selling romaine since they can buy it from other sources that are perfectly fine!!

Last time I was at the port, I saw sisco truck was there for the delivery. They are very reliable food suppliers, if anything goes wrong, they will send out notifications of the recall list, ubc code and date of packing on the package to the buyer, I saw their notifications from time to time, so don't worry, if anything goes wrong, they do have history of the order, they will contact the ship to throw away, and issue the credit to the ship.

If there’s a worry with their supply they’ll change it. The ship doesn’t not want sick pax onboard if it’s avoidable.

In March the Splendor only had the fancy lettuce on the buffet salad bar and iceberg for the hamburgers. Don’t like Caesar Salads so no idea if the had romaine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know that Caesar salads are made with Romaine lettuce and was wondering if they're still being served on their ships?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Saw it every night last week on the Dream in MDR. I won't order it but others at our table did.

All Romaine lettuce is not bad. Just some grown in the Yuma Arizona area. I got bored being retired so I work PT in the produce dept of a local grocery store and we never stopped selling Romaine as it comes from different areas of the country. I've eaten plenty (Caesar is my favorite salad) since the E.coli outbreak with out any issues.