Symphony - Free lunch and free wine

My friend and I are booked in a Central Park balcony leaving Barcelona on 9/9. The website - as you are all aware - isn’t working so great so I had to call today to make the final payment -no big deal.

Our balcony booking comes with free lunch at a specialty restaurant and a free bottle of wine. When I called to pay, I asked if I could reserve a lunch time and location and request a particular kind of wine. After putting me on hold shortly, I was told I would have to do that on board.

I can certainly wait but would like to know if anyone else has done that? Seems like there are lots of Central Park balcony cabins and with only one sea day, specialty restaurants would fill up quickly. And if the wine is delivered to the stateroom- great -I’ll take it. But would like to request a kind of wine that I will drink...

Comments? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My friend and I are booked in a Central Park balcony leaving Barcelona on 9/9. The website - as you are all aware - isn’t working so great so I had to call today to make the final payment -no big deal.

Our balcony booking comes with free lunch at a specialty restaurant and a free bottle of wine. When I called to pay, I asked if I could reserve a lunch time and location and request a particular kind of wine. After putting me on hold shortly, I was told I would have to do that on board.

I can certainly wait but would like to know if anyone else has done that? Seems like there are lots of Central Park balcony cabins and with only one sea day, specialty restaurants would fill up quickly. And if the wine is delivered to the stateroom- great -I’ll take it. But would like to request a kind of wine that I will drink...

Comments? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The wine is a house red that will be in your room when you enter. It's not great. And I'm pretty sure we ended up dumping the bottle. But if I remember correctly you can have it exchanged for a bottle of house white.

There will also be a letter in your room stating that you'll get a lunch either at Jamie's Italian or Johnny Rockets for two on a sea day. You just take the letter to the restaurant of your choice, and they will put a note in your reservation that your meal is free.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what wine they serve as part of this offer. Type, region etc. regarding white and red. I assume you get to choose.

no you do not get to choose. it is the house Red by default. if you don't drink red you can ask to swap it for the house White. Neither are particularly memorable or drinkable. it was La terra but I don't think that's accurate any longer

no you do not get to choose. it is the house Red by default. if you don't drink red you can ask to swap it for the house White. Neither are particularly memorable or drinkable. it was La terra but I don't think that's accurate any longer

LaTerre (or as we called it, LaTerrible) is long gone.

Royal Caribbean found something even cheaper. :o:)

As a heads up we sailed out of Barcelona in a CP view balcony with the wine/dine offer. When I went to book Jamie’s for the only sea day on our itinerary I was told there was a private function and Chops Grill was offered instead.

The private function was the C&A top tier lunch.

As a heads up we sailed out of Barcelona in a CP view balcony with the wine/dine offer. When I went to book Jamie’s for the only sea day on our itinerary I was told there was a private function and Chops Grill was offered instead.

The private function was the C&A top tier lunch.

That is even better as Jamie's is not better than Giovanni's or Chops.

Does anyone know if they would change the free wine for a nonalcoholic? It's just my 12 year old and myself, would like something we can share. Thanks!

This question has been asked here several times, and unfortunately for you, the answer has always been "no".

Either drink it yourself, or find a nice person to give it to. :)