Main DR

Iwas on the NCL Breakaway from NYC to Bermuda last summer. Never got one course even close to hot. Also, I ordered Medium steak and the waiterbrought it out very rare. Then he arguedwith me. Finally brought another steakand walked away before I could cut into it. It was well done. He argued withme again. I asked to speak to someone incharge. That person brought me anothersteak and asked me to cut into it. Itwas medium. He was so embarrassed, hegave us a free bottle of wine.

Iwas on the NCL Breakaway from NYC to Bermuda last summer. Never got one course even close to hot. Also, I ordered Medium steak and the waiterbrought it out very rare. Then he arguedwith me. Finally brought another steakand walked away before I could cut into it. It was well done. He argued withme again. I asked to speak to someone incharge. That person brought me anothersteak and asked me to cut into it. Itwas medium. He was so embarrassed, hegave us a free bottle of wine.

Wow, that is so weird. Why would the person be embarrassed if the steak was medium when you cut into it? I mean, you did order it medium, right? Order medium, deliver medium, yep...nothing to be embarrassed about there.

Why are you only posting this now if this happened last summer?

Your history is full of posts on forums and roll calls, but not one post last summer about the Breakaway or on any of the Breakaway roll calls. Wonder what happened there? Do you think it is because you don't have the Breakaway cruise listed on your signature?

Also...you may want to check your keyboard...it looks like your space bar isn't working all of the time.

Your history is full of posts on forums and roll calls, but not one post last summer about the Breakaway or on any of the Breakaway roll calls. Wonder what happened there? Do you think it is because you don't have the Breakaway cruise listed on your signature?

It was 2016...

Why the urge to continue to post is unknown.

It was 2016...

Why the urge to continue to post is unknown.

I don't know....the OP posted that this happened "last summer". Not just in this thread, but in another from today as well.

You know the rules...if we don't take a poster completely at their word it is because we are cheerleaders. :confused:

The blue in my previous post is the link to the original review.

A 2 year grudge over a steak is a bit....obsessive.:o

OK...well the OP posted two different times TODAY, that the cruise was last summer. I simply asked the OP two things: 1) why no posts from last summer, and 2) why isn't the Breakaway a part of their signature (in ANY year).

You can easily verify that everything stated above is factual. I don't understand why you are worrying about crap from 2016. I certainly was not, nor will I...it has nothing to do with what was stated.

OK...well the OP posted two different times TODAY, that the cruise was last summer.

By my count, the OP has posted about 5 times in the last 2 days (hard to tell with deleted threads) about the Breakaway 2016 cruise. I don't understand it, either.

I simply asked the OP two things: 1) why no posts from last summer, and 2) why isn't the Breakaway a part of their signature (in ANY year).
Maybe the OP will get around to updating the signature to include the 2016 cruise next year. ;)

I certainly was not, nor will I...it has nothing to do with what was stated.

You misunderstood. I questioned why the OP continues to post the same thing, not you.

The OP posted this twice a few days ago and stuff got deleted. It was very odd the first time, not sure why he is so insistent because I really doubt that anyone cares about something so insignificant that happened a year ago.

To each their own.

You misunderstood. I questioned why the OP continues to post the same thing, not you.

Ahhh...I see. My confusion came from the fact that you quoted me when asking the question. That made it appear that the question was directed to me instead of the OP.

Sorry about the confusion.

...I really doubt that anyone cares about something so insignificant that happened a year ago.

Nearly 2 years ago (Aug. 2016). :o

I don't get it, either. The original review is still there so there's no need to claim that anything (other than the redundant threads) was deleted. Continuing to post the same thing will get deleted so why doesn't the OP just bump the old thread?...on second thought, that's a bad idea, too. :p

Curious why make a post a year later, memory clouded and embellished by time?

interesting but I do wonder why you are bringing this up now? It sounds more like you can't let things go. I would think you would have told your story right after cruising and that would have been the end of it. What are you trying to tell us, anyway? Now, as for the steak situation, I had a similar experience many years ago: I ordered by steak rare, it came out pretty close to well done. I did say something, the wait person took it back and the chef gave me one that was raw. He told her to ask me if it was rare enough? I don't know if he was joking or not but it did make me smile. I think I just let it go. It was the last night of a 12 day cruise and I really didn't need to eat anything more anyway. :cool:

I was on the Gem about five years ago and I was in the MDR and I ordered a steak well done. The waiter brought it to me and it was well done. I said to the waiter that it was exactly to my liking. He said "That's rare" and I said "no. Well done" and he said Thanks and gave me a free glass of iced water.

I would have posted this sooner but I've been in a coma.

OK I haven't, but I have slept.

in 1982 I was 10 years old on the SS Norway. I ordered an Ice Cream cone and the waiter dropped it in my lap. The waiter didn't seem very sorry and no management bothered to offer me a free bottle or even glass of wine. I have never or will ever go on the SS Norway. I wonder if that waiter even cares?

I was on the Gem about five years ago and I was in the MDR and I ordered a steak well done. The waiter brought it to me and it was well done. I said to the waiter that it was exactly to my liking. He said "That's rare" and I said "no. Well done" and he said Thanks and gave me a free glass of iced water.

I would have posted this sooner but I've been in a coma.

OK I haven't, but I have slept.

BWAAAHAAAHAAAA!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can honestly say ive never had a cold meal on any NCL ship at any sit down or the buffet except those items that are supposed to be cold. im always puzzled when i see posts like this. i mean, given how much we sail, wouldnt the odds be that at some point we'd get cold food if it seems to happen as often as people say it does?

According to your previous posts it was NOT last year but in 2016

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was already pointed out a few times in this thread.

So?

If I'm reading correctly your actual post said last year

Other posters realized it was 2016

Might as well argue this point right?

Disclaimer: no it's not worth arguing about it at all in case you didn't get my drift. Of course the op is trolling and I'm sort of embarrassed I took the bait

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When the items were not hot, did you ask them to take them back and make sure they are at the appropriate temperature?

Also, how was the rest of your cruise?

in 1982 I was 10 years old on the SS Norway. I ordered an Ice Cream cone and the waiter dropped it in my lap. The waiter didn't seem very sorry and no management bothered to offer me a free bottle or even glass of wine. I have never or will ever go on the SS Norway. I wonder if that waiter even cares?

Tee hee:')