Soda + more package (milk shakes)

majortom10

I think only the Royal and Regal do not have the ability to make milkshakes because they do not have an ice cream outlet. If the ship has an ice cream location' date=' they can make milkshakes.[/quote']

I didn't know there was no ice cream place on Royal and Regal. My kids will be disappointed - sailing Royal in March for the first time. Do they not have cups and cones?

Yes, the Royal class ships do have an ice cream counter near the pool. However Princess in their wisdom did not put the equipment to make milkshakes there.

The Pacific Princess is the only Princess ship without an ice cream counter. No milkshakes on that ship.

Can anyone clarify the date they changed the package. Paid for Soda & More on 24/04/18 for a cruise in Norway on Sapphire in July 2018. I'm sure at the time of booking it was listing milkshakes. Customer Services have replied to an email stating they think it changed in 2017. Not sure I believe them!

Can anyone clarify the date they changed the package. Paid for Soda & More on 24/04/18 for a cruise in Norway on Sapphire in July 2018. I'm sure at the time of booking it was listing milkshakes. Customer Services have replied to an email stating they think it changed in 2017. Not sure I believe them!

If you are on the Sapphire July 21, 2018 Norwegian Fjords Cruise, come join us on the Cruise Critic Princess Roll Call.

What kind of mocktails did you order? When we did our previous cruise we got this package for our daughter, and she had everything from milkshakes to smoothies, or nonalcoholic mudslides... just looking for options of things she can use the package for so we can set reasonable expectations going in ... we're sailing on the ruby (and my daughter is autistic so realistic expectations are important for her).

I didn't know there was no ice cream place on Royal and Regal. My kids will be disappointed - sailing Royal in March for the first time. Do they not have cups and cones?

Royal has soft serve ice cream on the pool deck and gelato on deck 5. They will not have a problem finding cups and cones.

What kind of mocktails did you order? When we did our previous cruise we got this package for our daughter, and she had everything from milkshakes to smoothies, or nonalcoholic mudslides... just looking for options of things she can use the package for so we can set reasonable expectations going in ... we're sailing on the ruby (and my daughter is autistic so realistic expectations are important for her).

There is a menu for mocktails (I'm sure someone has a photo), but you are not limited to the menu. They can make any drink as a mocktail (virgin). They can also invent things. The "funky monkey" is interesting.....a virgin pina is good, whatever. We never tried to get smoothies, so not sure about those.

My kids both love the choco-banana. It's like a chocolate/banana frappe - really good! They also like the pina colada and mudslide mocktails. They are not fans of the ones that have soda/juice as they don't drink soda and juice so tend to stick to the cream based ones!

Not sure of date but we sailed last May and it was included on Emerald but a week later on Ruby it wasn't! I had pre-purchased and looked back at my confirmations and it still stated milkshakes.

May 5-12/18 Sapphire included milkshakes for my pre purchased soda+ more package. I asked before ordering.

May 5-12/18 Sapphire included milkshakes for my pre purchased soda+ more package. I asked before ordering.

This highlights my main "gripe" with Princess - the lack of consistency! If you want to get rid of the shakes, then do so - but make it consistent across the board. Seems to me that it varies by ship/personnel....and that drives me crazy!

This highlights my main "gripe" with Princess - the lack of consistency! If you want to get rid of the shakes, then do so - but make it consistent across the board. Seems to me that it varies by ship/personnel....and that drives me crazy!

You are right- and the Sapphire may not even include milkshakes when the OP gets on.

I won't be purchasing their soda+more package again, as I found diet coke to be salty'fishy tasting in two bars, told them, but it did not improve during the week. Pre ordering the bottled water will be my choice from now on.

This is where we need a "like" button.