New Coffee Card

LARGIN

What prevents you from sharing the cards ?
There are no more physical cards. Instead the package information is added on your cruise card and the card holder would presumably need to use the card to get specialty coffee or fresh brewed coffee. It appears that Princess has stated that more than one specialty coffee can be purchased at one time. The real change is that unused “punches” can’t be used on another cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Sapphire in a few of week's and are doing a Back2Back2Back and always exchange our Mini bar for the coffee card. As we are able to transfer any OBC and internet minutes over to the next cruise it will be interesting when I ask as to what the answer will be about the coffee card carrying over. I have asked princess and they say I hacve to ask when I am onboard.

We are on the Sapphire in a few of week's and are doing a Back2Back2Back and always exchange our Mini bar for the coffee card. As we are able to transfer any OBC and internet minutes over to the next cruise it will be interesting when I ask as to what the answer will be about the coffee card carrying over. I have asked princess and they say I hacve to ask when I am onboard.

Please let us know how the coffee package works on b2b's. Thanks

We are on the Sapphire in a few of week's and are doing a Back2Back2Back and always exchange our Mini bar for the coffee card. quote]

Just wondering, how many coffee cards did you get for the exchange. We normally get 2 as both Elite. Is it the same? Read on one thread that they only got 1, but they were in a suite and didn't say whether it was an Elite perk or not.

Princess has posted on social media that the mini bar will exchange for two "packages" in the same way it exchanged for two "cards." There was no mention of a difference between elite or suite.

It will be good to get some actual reports when people come back from cruises over the next few weeks...I'm particularly interested in how they handle B2Bs and how the exchange actually occurs (how long does it take for a trade out to show on the cruise card).

I really hope it doesn’t go to per day. Last week on the Caribbean Princess I had an older card with no date and it had not been punched. The first time I went to get a brewed coffee the server punched it and then wrote on it the cruise ship and date. I was just happy to be able to have used it. I used all the punches on brewed coffee, but it was better than it being worthless.

Surprised to hear that! We sailed on the Caribbean Princess 5/26 and I had two partial cards with no date and nothing filled in on the back. I kept expecting them to fill in the ship name or the voyage date and they never did. I used up both cards for specialty coffess for myself and my DD.

While I agree that the card IS a good deal, in the terms that you calculated, IMO it's just the principal of the thing ….. It is purported that you are entitled to 15 cups of your chosen beverage(s) when you purchase the card, BUT if for some reason you don't get to use all the punches by the expiration date , the remainder of the punches cannot be used. To me, that equates to theft of some of my $$.

Either I can continue to use the card until all of the punches are used up, as we have been able to do in the past, regardless of the date, or Princess is taking my $$ and not giving me what I paid for.

That's what I object to. It has nothing to do with my ability to pay for a card or the costs of a cruise.

Totally agree!

I have seen a new menu posted on CC for Gelato (On the Royal and Regal) which eliminated the option to use Coffee Card punches. There was never a written option to use punches at the IC for gelato on the Crown, Emerald, or Ruby but one of those ships apparently accepted one punch for three scoops of gelato which cost only $1.50. Another of those ships apparently charged one punch per scoop or three punches for three scoops of gelato which cost only $1.50. What a deal [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

On the Royal last December I learned that I could get a gelato for one punch. Really enjoyed it, and was looking forward to doing it often. I had about four cards with punches left and that would be a way to make use of them.

Went back the very next day to get another gelato - to be told they no longer accepted the coffee card!! [emoji848]

I wonder at what point they'll push out the expiration date to 2019 sometime? They keep confiscating more of the people's money as this year progresses. :mad:

The date HAS been pushed out to 8/19 for cards without printed expiration dates on the back!

Ummmm isn’t that actually the same thing folks who buy the ultimate Beverage package deal with? If I don’t drink my 15 drinks a day I lose out. No one seems to give a rip about that

Really? We just heard someone berating the server in Skywalkers during the Platinum/Elite social hours because he wanted to purchase a drink for his friend with his drink package and the server said he wasn't allowed to do it.

"But but but, I get 15 drinks a day and I"m not going to use them all!" And then the friend says "well you are going to miss out on a tip then...I mean an extra tip!" Ugly.

Edited by suzyed

My DH uses the coffee card, for small espressos only...roughly 2 bucks with grat...15x2=30...he is being ripped off!!!..but no, he isn't cuz it costed him nothing in the first place.

Most people who have opinions about the coffee cards have never purchased one...just sayin' and I fall in that group.Except once and I got a full refund(obc) when I decided not to use it on a sailing, as it was cheaper for DH to buy espresso.

Funny, how many talk about loosing the value of the card, but yet they never purchased it.

I agree with tanya's comparison....

Most never pay for them? I paid for every one I ever bought since I started sailing on Princess in 2010.

What prevents you from sharing the cards ?

Nothing....you can share the cards. But it sounds like they are doing away with the cards and each person will have to buy a "coffee package" with no sharing.

The date HAS been pushed out to 8/19 for cards without printed expiration dates on the back!

So I've heard.

I'll have to dump all our extra's on eBay shortly before they expire.

You can share the punched drinks, just not the free brewed coffee.

You just have to have the owner of the card get it for you.

A little inconvenient at times unless the owner is with you.

On the Royal last December I learned that I could get a gelato for one punch. Really enjoyed it, and was looking forward to doing it often. I had about four cards with punches left and that would be a way to make use of them.

Per posts on other threads, you can no longer get gelato on the Royal or Regal with a coffee card punch.

On a b2b2b you will get a new mini-bar setup on each segment. So you will have the opportunity on each segment to trade it for coffee "cards" applied to your cruise card accounts.

Just off the Emerald and was told Princess is doing away with the physical cards and will load it on your cruise card instead. If that is the case it would then only be applicable to your current cruise. Depending on the cost it might not be a good deal for shorter itineraries.

Just off the Emerald and was told Princess is doing away with the physical cards and will load it on your cruise card instead. If that is the case it would then only be applicable to your current cruise. Depending on the cost it might not be a good deal for shorter itineraries.

Right!

And they state the amount of coffees will depend on itinerary, but when I looked at my two upcoming cruises (one is 25 days and the other is 12) they were still just offering 15 coffee packages for both cruises.