New Coffee Card

LARGIN

Wow! On average the card provides 15 cups at $2.33 each, about a 2/3rds the price of paying "cash" for each cup. Break even is 10 cups on the card. If you drink 10 or more cups, the card remains the best option. The delta between paying by the cup and buying a card is not something that will make or break Princess. The issue is likely more associated with those who take advantage, even duplicate cards to sell on sites like eBay. If one is that "hard up" you need to sell cards (and faked cards) on auction you likely should not be cruising.

While I agree that the card IS a good deal, in the terms that you calculated, IMO it's just the principal of the thing ….. It is purported that you are entitled to 15 cups of your chosen beverage(s) when you purchase the card, BUT if for some reason you don't get to use all the punches by the expiration date , the remainder of the punches cannot be used. To me, that equates to theft of some of my $$.

Either I can continue to use the card until all of the punches are used up, as we have been able to do in the past, regardless of the date, or Princess is taking my $$ and not giving me what I paid for.

That's what I object to. It has nothing to do with my ability to pay for a card or the costs of a cruise.

I wonder at what point they'll push out the expiration date to 2019 sometime? They keep confiscating more of the people's money as this year progresses. :mad:

This is the card we received in Crown Princess a few weeks ago. The ship and expiration date were stamped on the back of the card.cedb446e87c374bf4d4f7a48d82eb3a7.jpgf23282a202dc31b7d6880d94e2643f35.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will be changed soon enough to the same type package as the PBP and soda packages...pp..per day...per cruise

no more punch cards issued beginning 1/1/19

now about those unused punches...maybe a shipboard credit per unused punch?

It will be changed soon enough to the same type package as the PBP and soda packages...pp..per day...per cruise

no more punch cards issued beginning 1/1/19

now about those unused punches...maybe a shipboard credit per unused punch?

OK. :D I'm getting my cards in order now.

How about $2 per punch? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I should have qualified my post stating that was only a possibility given the current expiration date and someone else posting that Princess is evaluating the coffee card in the same manor they are reviewing Happy Hour

apologies...

Speciality coffee is something I look forward to on a cruise. One per day. We each purchase a coffee card since hubby likes lots of brewed coffee. Having coffee and a snack from the International Café has become one of our rituals. We have always used the punches on future cruises. A per day cost would be fine it if wasn't exorbitant.

While I agree that the card IS a good deal, in the terms that you calculated, IMO it's just the principal of the thing ….. It is purported that you are entitled to 15 cups of your chosen beverage(s) when you purchase the card, BUT if for some reason you don't get to use all the punches by the expiration date , the remainder of the punches cannot be used. To me, that equates to theft of some of my $$.

Either I can continue to use the card until all of the punches are used up, as we have been able to do in the past, regardless of the date, or Princess is taking my $$ and not giving me what I paid for.

That's what I object to. It has nothing to do with my ability to pay for a card or the costs of a cruise.

I predict that you will be happy when at the beginning of next year, cruisers are reporting that the punches past the date are still good. And the date just applies to the fresh brewed regular coffee.

I have seen nothing in writing from Princess introducing a change to the program.

As long as you paid for it, but if u received it as an exchange for a mini-bar set up, even in a suite it is part of "the package." So you have no lost.

BTW..if now you buy the card with an expiration date..you have accepted the restrictions, if the date passes you lose out. SIMPLE.

What if you lose the card , should it be replaced by Princess?

Recently, when having the drink package I have decided just to pass out my mini bar to travel mates, Rather see someone get the immediate benefit then holding on to cards that have expiration dates.

Edited by land lover

My guess, sticker , unlimited coffee of any type $24.99 a day.

Plus 15%, (for your convience, of course)

...which will work out to some crazy amount canadian, resulting in the posting of many schemes to

purchase shipboard credit with loonies, then buy the card, and beat the system.

Plus 15%, (for your convience, of course)

...which will work out to some crazy amount canadian, resulting in the posting of many schemes to

purchase shipboard credit with loonies, then buy the card, and beat the system.

Isn't that the point though, to beat the system...according to quite a few on CC, Princess should not make any profit on any of us and most of their policies are a rip -off ....:D;) so I say stop cruising on Princess and sell you stock,..but no one listens:halo::evilsmile:

Isn't that the point though, to beat the system...according to quite a few on CC, Princess should not make any profit on any of us and most of their policies are a rip -off ....:D;) so I say stop cruising on Princess and sell you stock,..but no one listens:halo::evilsmile:

What's wrong with paying for the options or services that you utilize.

Of course not everything can be lumped into this category but Specialty dining, spa treatments, some advanced gym equipment and other items should be at your discretion to purchase.

I think they're doing a good job like they have so far. I can live without most but purchase just what I want.

If that indeed ends up being true, then the vaunted coffee card is a real rip-off. You pay in advance for 15 servings of specialty coffees/teas, but after a certain date the card expires and the unused punches are useless?

So Princess got your money and you don't get all the product you paid in advance for.

Ummmm isn’t that actually the same thing folks who buy the ultimate Beverage package deal with? If I don’t drink my 15 drinks a day I lose out. No one seems to give a rip about that

Ummmm isn’t that actually the same thing folks who buy the ultimate Beverage package deal with? If I don’t drink my 15 drinks a day I lose out. No one seems to give a rip about that

15 alcoholic drinks per day would cost approximately $150 if paid per drink....well more than the $68 that the package costs. And that is before counting any non-alcoholic beverages you might choose. You actually need only about 7 drinks per day to come out even.

My DH uses the coffee card, for small espressos only...roughly 2 bucks with grat...15x2=30...he is being ripped off!!!..but no, he isn't cuz it costed him nothing in the first place.

Most people who have opinions about the coffee cards have never purchased one...just sayin' and I fall in that group.Except once and I got a full refund(obc) when I decided not to use it on a sailing, as it was cheaper for DH to buy espresso.

Funny, how many talk about loosing the value of the card, but yet they never purchased it.

I agree with tanya's comparison....

Can you still get ice cream or gelato (depending on the ship) with coffee card punches?

I have seen a new menu posted on CC for Gelato (On the Royal and Regal) which eliminated the option to use Coffee Card punches. There was never a written option to use punches at the IC for gelato on the Crown, Emerald, or Ruby but one of those ships apparently accepted one punch for three scoops of gelato which cost only $1.50. Another of those ships apparently charged one punch per scoop or three punches for three scoops of gelato which cost only $1.50. What a deal [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

....:D;) so I say stop cruising on Princess and sell you stock,..but no one listens:halo::evilsmile:

I listened. In a prescient sort of way.

Sold my stock in April.

Have pulled a muscle patting myself on the back today.

Should I book another cruise, easy enough to buy back.