New Coffee Card

LARGIN

Can anyone tell me if they will still take this coffee card on cruises. Really don't want to buy another one for my upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise in July. Only 4 stamps on it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

You should be good to go. According to the new rules they should enter an expiration date of 8/31/19.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m thinking Princess will hold fast to the 8/31/19 date. Unless you obtained the cards as a result of a trade in of a mini bar, a person should only have one partially used card and one more cruise in the next 14 months should allow most of the punches to be used. Instead of you snooze, you lose, it is you don’t cruise, you lose [emoji849]

As a non drinking Elite couple I am hoping that they will offer an alternative to the usual 2 coffee cards. Hahaha, I know! DH loves his brewed coffee, not me and I find the specialty coffees so filling.

We already miss out on another Elite perk by being non drinkers - wine tasting.

Write the company a letter with a possible exchange solution.

Talk with the Captain’s Circle person while on ship with alternatives they might offer to replace the perks. Their power is limited, but they have been helpful for us in the past.

Talk with the Captain’s Circle person while on ship with alternatives they might offer to replace the perks. Their power is limited, but they have been helpful for us in the past.

The perk is having the mini-bar.

Being able to trade it for something is an option that can be taken away and still leave you with the basic perk, the mini-bar.

Can anyone tell me if they will still take this coffee card on cruises. Really don't want to buy another one for my upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise in July. Only 4 stamps on it[ATTACH]423768[/ATTACH][ATTACH]423769[/ATTACH]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

YES this one good till NEXT year

Safe voyage

I have lots of these

We just got back from a B2B in a suite and got 4 coffee cards after exchanging our mini-bar. I only used a portion of one card and have 3 blank cards left. We are sailing on other cruise lines through 2020. Will these cards be worthless and what can I do with them?

This is where Princess is WRONG, for you out there badmouthing coffee card holders, Princess is NOT telling people they will expire BEFORE they get them, once you get them TOOOOOO late, you are screwed & lost the money

I'm not switching cruise lines over the new coffee card policy. I've registered my distaste for the policy with Princess and have not heard back yet. We have 38 punches left on 3 cards that do not have printed expiration dates. DH will use around 15 punches on our upcoming cruise on the Royal in September. We may sail again in December or the spring, but not enough days to use up all the punches.

Unlike the elimination of gelato recently, the cancellation of existing coffee card punches will surely cause some commotion after next Aug 31.

I would hate to be the supervisor on any ship trying to explain this to the angry crowd.

I'm looking forward to some exciting entertainment the first few days of a cruise next fall. :D

PRINCESS HAS TO HONOUR THESE CARDS-JUST LET THEM RUN OUT ON THEIR OWN, no sweat for Princess & then no hard feelings. I just booked Royal Carib. in Nov because of this

And you will be replaced with a passenger who will generate revenue, go to the new Specialty Venues, go to chefs table, have cocktails at the bar with new friends etc., rather than one who would switch lines over a coffee card gathering dust in a junk drawer. In the words of our President, “You have been fired!” and being replaced with a passenger who will generate revenue. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unlike the elimination of gelato recently, the cancellation of existing coffee card punches will surely cause some commotion after next Aug 31. :D

Yup. And then the commotion will die down, and the next topic will get a turn.

Shock and horror over criminal polluting only lasted about a week...

It very well could be.

People are more concerned about how others dress for the dining room or how much butter they'll receive on the table. :D

But that is what we are here for......being know-it-alls and speculating......with a little humor added in....:D

I swear some posters have never set foot on a cruise ship, but they are still the authorities.....

I can tell I need to go into hibernation from the main board, to many wasted hours with no new info....

Unlike the elimination of gelato recently, the cancellation of existing coffee card punches will surely cause some commotion after next Aug 31.

I would hate to be the supervisor on any ship trying to explain this to the angry crowd.

I'm looking forward to some exciting entertainment the first few days of a cruise next fall. :D

Is there no gelato, or can't you use the coffee card for gelato on the Regal and Royal? We have so many coffee cards, and we were hoping to use them up on gelato and specialty coffees.

I’m thinking Princess will hold fast to the 8/31/19 date. Unless you obtained the cards as a result of a trade in of a mini bar, a person should only have one partially used card and one more cruise in the next 14 months should allow most of the punches to be used. Instead of you snooze, you lose, it is you don’t cruise, you lose [emoji849]

Not necessarily. We have 11 cards with very few punches used because we usually us the cards for the brewed coffee and specialty teas.

I've got more than a dozen cards as a resilt of mini bar trades.

Seems like quite a loss to me.

However, it was my mistake for taking the cruises.

I will try not to repeat the same mistake...

I've got more than a dozen cards as a resilt of mini bar trades.

Seems like quite a loss to me.

However, it was my mistake for taking the cruises.

I will try not to repeat the same mistake...

Yes, just like shampoo.

Lather

Rinse

Repeat

Is there no gelato, or can't you use the coffee card for gelato on the Regal and Royal? We have so many coffee cards, and we were hoping to use them up on gelato and specialty coffees.
At least on one of the ships, redeeming a coffee card punch is NO LONGER an option at Gelato.

unlike the elimination of gelato recently, the cancellation of existing coffee card punches will surely cause some commotion after next aug 31.

I'm looking forward to some exciting entertainment the first few days of a cruise next fall. :d

hope it turns out that way

We tried talking to the Captain’s Circle hostess a few years ago about a substitute for the wine tasting. She looked barely interested, if at all. A “too bad, so sad, yawn” attitude.