New Coffee Card

LARGIN

Right!

And they state the amount of coffees will depend on itinerary, but when I looked at my two upcoming cruises (one is 25 days and the other is 12) they were still just offering 15 coffee packages for both cruises.

Just a guess, but I think the day is coming when instead of a fixed price for the "card", the pricing will be on a daily basis like it is now with the soda+more package and the beverage package.

Just a guess, but I think the day is coming when instead of a fixed price for the "card", the pricing will be on a daily basis like it is now with the soda+more package and the beverage package.

Makes sense...should be like that starting now.

I have a question. We are elite and will turn in our mini bar on a fall cruise this year. We booked it as one long cruise but it does have 2 legs to it. Wondering if we would get a refill for second leg of the mini bar and be able to turn it in again for additional coffee cards. 15 specialties on a long cruise are just not enough.

Thanks for any help.

I have a question. We are elite and will turn in our mini bar on a fall cruise this year. We booked it as one long cruise but it does have 2 legs to it. Wondering if we would get a refill for second leg of the mini bar and be able to turn it in again for additional coffee cards. 15 specialties on a long cruise are just not enough.

Thanks for any help.

They'll give you 2 coffee cards per leg.

My wife and I have always gotten a coffee card. She and I drink, on average, about 4-5 cups of coffee a day. In addition, neither of us like the "Folger's" type of coffee. We prefer brewed good coffee, like Seattle's Best or Peete's.

The coffee card allows us, at a very good cost, to get as many coffees as we like (including an occasional Mocha). Can you imagine how much we would pay for 70+ cups off coffee on a 7 day cruise without the card??

One quick question, though. Has the Princess Coffee card changed? Does it still work the same way it did about 5 years ago? Do we each need our own card now?

My wife and I have always gotten a coffee card. She and I drink, on average, about 4-5 cups of coffee a day. In addition, neither of us like the "Folger's" type of coffee. We prefer brewed good coffee, like Seattle's Best or Peete's.

The coffee card allows us, at a very good cost, to get as many coffees as we like (including an occasional Mocha). Can you imagine how much we would pay for 70+ cups off coffee on a 7 day cruise without the card??

One quick question, though. Has the Princess Coffee card changed? Does it still work the same way it did about 5 years ago? Do we each need our own card now?

Right now everything remains the same. The cards are being phased out though...read previous posts to get an idea of how we "think" it's going to go.

The fresh brewed coffee was supposed to only be for the coffee card holder and not shared. Now there will be no physical coffee card but the package and 15 specialty coffees will be loaded on your cruise card and it should be easier to prevent sharing the fresh brewed coffee so you will probably each need your own.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The fresh brewed coffee was supposed to only be for the coffee card holder and not shared. Now there will be no physical coffee card but the package and 15 specialty coffees will be loaded on your cruise card and it should be easier to prevent sharing the fresh brewed coffee so you will probably each need your own.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Or just borrow the cruise card with the coffee card punches on it and get all the brewed coffee your want. ;)

Or just borrow the cruise card with the coffee card punches on it and get all the brewed coffee your want. ;)
That might not work so well as it's not supposed to be shared - unless it's your twin's card! [emoji16]

We just got back from a B2B in a suite and got 4 coffee cards after exchanging our mini-bar. I only used a portion of one card and have 3 blank cards left. We are sailing on other cruise lines through 2020. Will these cards be worthless and what can I do with them?

We just got back from a B2B in a suite and got 4 coffee cards after exchanging our mini-bar. I only used a portion of one card and have 3 blank cards left. We are sailing on other cruise lines through 2020. Will these cards be worthless and what can I do with them?

Per the info on the Princess web site, cards with no date on them will expire on 8/31/2019. It would seem that IF you have no use for them, you could either give them away or sell them.

Or you can keep them and see whether they mysteriously regenerate some value or turn into dust.

Edited by moki'smommy

Hang on to them and see what happens......

and u believe it......;)?

I believe it.

What makes you think Princess will reverse their decesion?

They realize some people will be upset for a while & yes, they might lose some future coffee business but like everything else they taken away, people forget and learn to accept it.

I believe it.

What makes you think Princess will reverse their decesion?

Posters here somehow think they and cruisecritic are important.

If they don't like something and whine enough, princess will change their mind.

Just as happened with Happy Hour BOGO. ... oh no, wait, all the whining did nothing.

Just as happened with Happy Hour BOGO. ... oh no, wait, all the whining did nothing.

This!!!

(y)(y)(y)

Their posting gives them satisfaction & makes them feel as though their contribution will change Princess for the better.

While Princess sits back & contemplates more ways to increase profits at the expense of anyone, no matter how many cruises they have under their belts.

It's all about money. $$$$

We are Elite on Princess. On our last cruise we had the Sip and Sail package so I turned in our little bottles (from being Elite) for 2 coffee cards. They are unused since all of our coffees were covered under the drink package.

I understand that these cards (and all of the others I've purchased and have unused punches left on) will be null and void as of 8/31/19 .

However, in the future what benefit will be offered if we are in the same situation with a drink package?

We are Elite on Princess. On our last cruise we had the Sip and Sail package so I turned in our little bottles (from being Elite) for 2 coffee cards. They are unused since all of our coffees were covered under the drink package.

I understand that these cards (and all of the others I've purchased and have unused punches left on) will be null and void as of 8/31/19 .

However, in the future what benefit will be offered if we are in the same situation with a drink package?

At this time it appears that there will be no benefit if you trade for coffee package. You could opt to trade for cans of soda, which are not included in the PBP per the Princess web site (you get a 25% discount on cans with the PBP, but could trade mini-bar for cans if desired).

Ok, so you want my speculation......as if I was not going to give it.....;):D

Princess has given a date 8/31/19............hoping the word will get out for everyone to deplete their cards.

There still will be those uninformed cruisers that are going to fight tooth and nail for their last 2 punches.......

and Princess will give in, "just this cruise", Princess will say...that is good business...and no loss to them.

And what about cruisers that ordered cards on line under the premise that the punches are good forever and once on the ship received cards with expiration dates prior to 8/31/19?

Namely on Ruby in April, my BIL was one such cruiser. They will not honor it???? Again highly unlikely.

So there is my speculation.....they will honor old cards that have some punches after 8/19.

A brand new card? that might not be honored after the date, because if I understand it correctly starting this month all new purchased cards will be on one's cruise card.

So if they are presently passing out paper coffee cards for exchange of the mini bar, Princess will know who are the holders of these "blank Cards"...guests who never paid Princess for the cards.

So there is my speculation which isn't even worth a coffee card.....but maybe a mini-bar;)

Since hearing about the expiration on cards, last Oct. I have cruised 3 times...2 times with the PDP, decided to give contents of mini bar away...better to let someone benefit immediately then collect more coffee cards.

Others are passing out extra cards etc.......so by putting out a drop dead date Princess is expediting the elimination of many perk cards.

Edited by land lover

Talking about the coffee cards, Last year June 2017 they did take my old card then bought a new one, sad thing it is so popular they now brew the coffee and sit it on a hot plate so goes brewing cup at a time. The best thing that could happen change the way of buying and serving the coffee it is LIQUID coffee you know how it comes in a plastic bag. I can pick it up right away when at places serving it. One such place Trump National golf course in S.J. Go there for Red Hats. This was on the Ruby Princess. Why do nice things always make a big change???

Talking about the coffee cards, Last year June 2017 they did take my old card then bought a new one, sad thing it is so popular they now brew the coffee and sit it on a hot plate so goes brewing cup at a time. The best thing that could happen change the way of buying and serving the coffee it is LIQUID coffee you know how it comes in a plastic bag. I can pick it up right away when at places serving it. One such place Trump National golf course in S.J. Go there for Red Hats. This was on the Ruby Princess. Why do nice things always make a big change???

You are bringing to mind what I saw on Ruby, this last May...but, maybe it was just for our Alaska sailing cuz I do not remember it in April when we did a Pacific Coastal on her.

They had a tall insulated thermos, next to the order taker and he filled fresh brewed orders from it.