New Coffee Card

LARGIN

Is there no gelato, or can't you use the coffee card for gelato on the Regal and Royal? We have so many coffee cards, and we were hoping to use them up on gelato and specialty coffees.

I guess I wasn't very clear with my gelato statement.

They've eliminated using the coffee card for gelato for sure on the Royal & Regal, possibly on the other ships as well.

As it stands right now you can still use your old coffee cards for specialty coffee until 8/31/19 when they'll all expire.

From that point on the newly issued coffee punches will be for that cruise only & will be registered to your cruise card on their computer system.

No cards will be given out.

Princess has stolen your remaining coffee card punches. :mad:

Drink quickly.

They've eliminated using the coffee card for gelato for sure on the Royal & Regal, possibly on the other ships as well.

As it stands right now you can still use your old coffee cards for specialty coffee until 8/31/19 when they'll all expire.

From that point on the newly issued coffee punches will be for that cruise only & will be registered to your cruise card on their computer system.

Drink quickly.

The coffee card was never officially able to be used for gelato at the International Cafe on the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby. It was only listed as an option for purchasing ice cream on the menu for Gelato on the Royal class ships (yes, the menu at Gelato refers to premium ice cream not gelato [emoji848][emoji848]).

The gelato at the International Cafe is only $1.50 for three scoops. At one point, it was posted that one of the ships was charging one punch for three scoops while another was charging one punch per scoop. The cost of a punch is $2.38/punch so people were paying the equivalent value of $2.38 or even $7.14 for a $1.50 dish of gelato.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The coffee card was never officially able to be used for gelato at the International Cafe on the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby. It was only listed as an option for purchasing ice cream on the menu for Gelato on the Royal class ships (yes, the menu at Gelato refers to premium ice cream not gelato [emoji848][emoji848]).

The gelato at the International Cafe is only $1.50 for three scoops. At one point, it was posted that one of the ships was charging one punch for three scoops while another was charging one punch per scoop. The cost of a punch is $2.38/punch so people were paying the equivalent value of $2.38 or even $7.14 for a $1.50 dish of gelato.

What is premium ice cream and where do your get it? The dining room? :confused::confused:

What is premium ice cream and where do your get it? The dining room? [emoji782][emoji782]
Only at Gelato on the Royal and Regal. Despite the name “Gelato,” the menu states “Enjoy hand-crafted ice-cream, prepared daily by our Pastry Chef.” I probably shouldn’t have referred to it as “premium ice cream” because it is probably the same as the ice cream served in the MDR. However, you have the “privilege” of paying $3.50 for three scoops at Gelato with a wider range of toppings than two scoops (you can always ask for more[emoji6]) for free in the MDR. The ice cream in the MDR is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Only at Gelato on the Royal and Regal. Despite the name “Gelato,” the menu states “Enjoy hand-crafted ice-cream, prepared daily by our Pastry Chef.” I probably shouldn’t have referred to it as “premium ice cream” because it is probably the same as the ice cream served in the MDR. However, you have the “privilege” of paying $3.50 for three scoops at Gelato with a wider range of toppings than two scoops (you can always ask for more[emoji6]) for free in the MDR. The ice cream in the MDR is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've had their Gelato many times but would never consider of paying for it.

While the Gelato is OK it's a far cry from any Gelato I've experienced off the ship and certainly not worth $3.50 especially when the DR is serving their ice cream included-- All you want.

Do we have actual confirmation they will be voiding the cards, and a link? I read through many of the posts but could not find a link. I think I have only two, and I can hopefully use a good part of that on the CB this August. I don't question they can do this, but it's a shame.

Do we have actual confirmation they will be voiding the cards, and a link? I read through many of the posts but could not find a link. I think I have only two, and I can hopefully use a good part of that on the CB this August. I don't question they can do this, but it's a shame.

Terms and conditions state the cards without the earlier 12/31/2018 exp. date are good until 8/19

I know, how cheap can I be, but I just found a coffee card that I can't find an expiration date. All that's written on the back is CB and 1633, can I still use it or toss it as a loss?
You should be able to use any remaining punches on that card through the end of August next year, but no free fresh brewed coffee.

I know, how cheap can I be, but I just found a coffee card that I can't find an expiration date. All that's written on the back is CB and 1633, can I still use it or toss it as a loss?
The new policy is that the old cards without an expiration date will expire on Aug. 31 next year.

You should be able to use any remaining punches on that card through the end of August next year, but no free fresh brewed coffee.

The new policy is that the old cards without an expiration date will expire on Aug. 31 next year.

Thanks.....

Drink quickly.

"That point on" is now as all ships have switched to having the coffee "card" associated with the cruise card already.

I'm still hoping for a link to the new policy. I know my cruising colleagues are far more knowledgable about cruising than me, but if everything said on these boards was true, the Pacific Princess would have been sold about 20 times by now :)

Why wouldn't you just bring it with you?

Carrying it isn't going to bump you over some weight limit.

Princess barely knows what they are doing. Then, the reports here of what will happen are like a game of telephone.

The result is not really something to be relied on.

I would bring it, and hope for the best.

I'm still hoping for a link to the new policy. I know my cruising colleagues are far more knowledgable about cruising than me, but if everything said on these boards was true, the Pacific Princess would have been sold about 20 times by now :)
Here's the link for the details for those with coffee cards from previous cruises.

I've got more than a dozen cards as a resilt of mini bar trades.

Seems like quite a loss to me.

However, it was my mistake for taking the cruises.

I will try not to repeat the same mistake...

Please help me understand your statement....if you have more than a dozen cards, and you are elite, continuing to trade out your mini bar, getting more cards...how is that a loss to you?

Please help me understand your statement....if you have more than a dozen cards, and you are elite, continuing to trade out your mini bar, getting more cards...how is that a loss to you?

Because all the punches that never expire will now expire in a year from now.

Is it really a loss if you can't use something you weren't using anyways? You can still hang on to the dozen+ cards without using them, just like before! [emoji6]

It sure is a loss.

He could have saved those cards for future cruises & used them as needed but now Princess has deemed them useless when in fact they were sold with the explicit conditions that they could be used on future cruises.

He also could have given them to a family member to use, sold them or even given them to some friend on a ship- maybe even you to enjoy.

If I'm on a long cruise, and I trade the mini-bar for 2 cards -- that is not enough for Mrs. Pablo's needs.

I would then use one or more of the spare cards as needed.

I (not Mrs. Pablo) lost one card, so in that case it was nice to have a spare.

They were given to me as something of value. Now, Princess has taken away their value.

If I'm on a long cruise, and I trade the mini-bar for 2 cards -- that is not enough for Mrs. Pablo's needs.

I would then use one or more of the spare cards as needed.

I (not Mrs. Pablo) lost one card, so in that case it was nice to have a spare.

They were given to me as something of value. Now, Princess has taken away their value.

You said you had more than a "dozen" cards. I'll assume just 12. You have 180 punches in the "bank". If you go on a 7 day cruise and get 2 more...that's another 30 (may get more for a longer cruise). Now you have 210 punches for your next cruise. I doubt you will use them all.

Those of us that can trade out our mimi bar for 2 cards are not impacted as much as someone who purchases 15 drinks an doesn't use them all.

I do agree that if you plan on selling your unused cards, received as perks, this new program is a loss for you.

I have always thought the coffee card and the elite/full suite benefit of the mini-bar to be inconsistent with other packages and perks.

Free laundry is for the length of the cruise, not a fixed number of loads.

Priority tendering is for the length of the cruise, not a fixed number of ports.

The free internet minutes varies in three increments by the length of the cruise.

FCD and CCL stock OBC varies in three increments by the length of the cruise.

You are charged a fixed amount for each day of the cruise for the soda and beverage packages.

Why then do elites get the same 20 item minibar for a 1 one day cruise as a 28 day or more cruise. Shouldn’t there be a free refresh after 7, 10, or 14 days? Or perhaps a certain number of alcoholic and/or non alcoholic beverages such as the three increments for several of the other benefits above.

Purchasing or exchanging for a coffee card has similar issues as the mini-bar. You can bring unused beverages from a mini-bar home and you can use the coffee Card punches on a later cruise. As far as I know, those are the only two perks/packages that don’t specifically end with the cruise. As Princess has posted, there might be several levels of coffee Card in the future based upon the cruise length. That would bring the coffee Card more in line with other perks/packages. Now why don’t we push Princess to modify the mini-bar perk to one that varies at least somewhat with cruise length.

Here's the link for the details for those with coffee cards from previous cruises.

Thanks for the link.

Princess clearly isn't plugged in with what they've issued, or I'm missing something.

I've never received a CC with a date purchased stamped or otherwise noted on them. Yet, this policy declares

• Each card must display the date of purchase to be valid.

So do we just write in any date we desire? I have no problem if the Barista writes a date on one when I give it to him/her, but to state that they are invalid without is confusing and for those that read that, may inspire some unneeded angst.

I sure hope Princess reads this and just drops the entire expiration date thing quickly. Just let people use the cards until the punches are used up. Princess has been doing this for years anyway, what's the harm?