Gift shop items

Todddy

I am new to Viking and wanted to find out what kinds of items are for sale in the gift shop of the Viking Sky. I am trying to figure out how to spend my shipboard credit.

Thank you:):):).:)

I am new to Viking and wanted to find out what kinds of items are for sale in the gift shop of the Viking Sky. I am trying to figure out how to spend my shipboard credit.

Thank you:):):).:)

On the Sun we found very little we liked in the shop. Heavy on Nordic wear and Norwegian trinkets. Imho very poor selection of logo wear compared to other lines. Now the Jewelry Shop is another kettle of fish. DW managed to spend credits nicely....:eek::cool:

• Like 1

With regard to the jewellers. They had some very nice pieces but the prices were ridiculous. Over $13,000 ( yes, thirteen thousand! ) for a tanzanite pendant was seriously over the top. I know because I was wearing a very nice piece I already own.

• Like 1

With regard to the jewellers. They had some very nice pieces but the prices were ridiculous. Over $13,000 ( yes, thirteen thousand! ) for a tanzanite pendant was seriously over the top. I know because I was wearing a very nice piece I already own.

It depends. Yes, standard pricing of stuff was crazy but guest jewelers onboard for a week or two at a time offered some good deals right before leaving. This was on the WC so is probably different for shorter cruises but they led us to believe that guest jewelers were fairly often.

• Like 1

I found lovely things to put on my list... but ended up not buy, had no OBC.

I loved their line of clothes, very classic; well made wool slippers for both men and women. Well made wind breakers in bright red and deep blue.

Also the jewelry in the shop that sells perfume was very nice and not that unreasonable. This shop also had purses and totes. We had a jeweler selling her line on the 15 day cruise I was on,her prices were $100 to 500.for her custom pieces. I did not go into the expensive jewelry store. I have enough good jewelry and do not need any more at my age.

I am sure you will find items to buy with your on board credit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our Transatlantic had a nice selection of Georg Jensen jewelry (which I happen to love). Sterling and gold pieces.

I bought a lovely black leather bracelet with a tricolor gold bead with diamonds. Price was lower than I could get at Georg Jensen online and they had out of stock items. About 15% lower than I could find online at any store.

Yes-there was tanzanite and zultanite and watches and morganite jewelry. I did not look at the pricing of those pieces. They looked to be higher quality than mall stores but not what I would call high-end, and the settings were very mass market style. This is just my opinion of course.

We also bought a small piece of art crystal as a memento of our trip.

There were some nice clothes and bags, and also perfumes and some spa items.

It really depends on what you like to buy? Is there any type of item you like to purchase as a memory of your trips?

Someone may be able to recommend something that suits you. I wish I had spent more time looking at the spa lotions and shampoos---may have been able to get something unique that I can't get in US!

I got 2 amber pendants and earrings that I get compliments on every time I wear them. Also a set of Munch coasters. However, that was before you could use OBC for gratuities, which you can now. I had $250 OBC for booking our next cruise while onboard. If I could have used it for gratuities, I would have.

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2018 at 11:32 AM, Jim Avery said:

On the Sun we found very little we liked in the shop. Heavy on Nordic wear and Norwegian trinkets. Imho very poor selection of logo wear compared to other lines. Now the Jewelry Shop is another kettle of fish. DW managed to spend credits nicely....:eek::cool:

We were told that the jewelry shop is a "partnership" deal and SBC can not be used there.

11 minutes ago, duquephart said:

We were told that the jewelry shop is a "partnership" deal and SBC can not be used there.

Then things have changed in the last 6 months.  Again, we might have had it different on a WC but spent OBC at the Jewelry on both trips.

4 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Then things have changed in the last 6 months.  Again, we might have had it different on a WC but spent OBC at the Jewelry on both trips.

Jim - Same on the 2nd half, as many pax bought jewelry from the Dk 2 shop to burn off non-refundable SBC. That was as recently as last month.

5 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Jim - Same on the 2nd half, as many pax bought jewelry from the Dk 2 shop to burn off non-refundable SBC. That was as recently as last month.

"Burn off" SBC/OBC is exactly what we will be looking to do. This is turning into another "the more people you ask" deal for us. Viking needs to have a "straight answer" department.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, duquephart said:

"Burn off" SBC/OBC is exactly what we will be looking to do. This is turning into another "the more people you ask" deal for us. Viking needs to have a "straight answer" department.

Haha, "burn off" $$.  Andy just has a way with words.  And as to different answers, none of us have figured out the answer to that yet.🍸

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, "burn off" $$.  Andy just has a way with words.  And as to different answers, none of us have figured out the answer to that yet.🍸

I ask Viking "What do I have and where can I use it" and get the digital equivalent of a blank stare. Is that such a tough question?

14 minutes ago, retiredman said:

I loved the solar powered revolving globes! Then I asked if I could carry it on our flight home. Nope. Too much trouble for something I found on Amazon. Very cool.

Shipping couldn't be arranged? Odd they would be selling something you can't take with. I was always curious about pricing vs. Amazon.

18 hours ago, retiredman said:

I loved the solar powered revolving globes! Then I asked if I could carry it on our flight home. Nope. Too much trouble for something I found on Amazon. Very cool.

We brought 2 of them home from the Sun, packed inside a suitcase. No issues, with both of them working.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wife and I are on the Northern Lights Cruise in February, 2022 and wondering IF we do not bring warm enough outer wear, what might be available in the Venus's stores to purchase.  Any one have any suggestions or knowledge about what's there?

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, ChiefLnc7 said:

Wife and I are on the Northern Lights Cruise in February, 2022 and wondering IF we do not bring warm enough outer wear, what might be available in the Venus's stores to purchase.  Any one have any suggestions or knowledge about what's there?

Thanks.

Speaking from when we last sailed in March 2020 on a SA cruise—Yes, they have some warm items—fleeces, sweaters, rain gear. The issues can be having enough sizes in stock, whether you like the color schemes (big on reds and dark blues), or selling out of things. Personally, I wouldn’t rely on their stock—but I know it can be a pain schlepping lots of winter gear in luggage.