B2B question

The only bad experience I ever had on a B2B was when there was a coast guard inspection, very long wait to get back on board. It was partly my fault though they did try to get people to take the pre-airport tours by offering 20% discounts and free taxi's afterwards.

2 weeks too long a cruise, I have done a transpacific which is 17/18 days and many days at sea and that wasn't too long. I worry that three months on a world cruise might be though.

I prefer B2B or longer cruises, my next B2B is 19 nights would love to do longer cruises but need to make sure I don't use all my leave in one go plus travelling from UK I tend to add a few days before and after the cruise.

Is there a discount on royal for booking b2b? We had one from celebrity in April when we did our b2b on summit. I may add this was San Juan also and customs came on board. BUT, we waited a while because they couldn't find 2 guests so while we were supposed to be wrapped up by 930, it ended up being 1045 which interfered with plans we had off of ship. Interestedly, I dont remember a lunch being offered.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If you decide to get off the ship to site see or shop. You will be issued an intransit pass which allows you to bypass the lines when you get back to the ship. Sometimes they send your new sea pass cards to your room. Use the old one to get off the ship and the new one to get on.

Is there a discount on royal for booking b2b? We had one from celebrity in April when we did our b2b on summit. I may add this was San Juan also and customs came on board. BUT, we waited a while because they couldn't find 2 guests so while we were supposed to be wrapped up by 930, it ended up being 1045 which interfered with plans we had off of ship. Interestedly, I dont remember a lunch being offered.

RCI does not offer any type of discount for booking consecutive cruises. They are handled as separate cruises each with their own booking number and add ons.

Offering a lunch on board to those consecutive cruisers on turn arund day depends on the number of guests. There needs to be a certain quota before a lunch is offered.

No RC doesn't offer a B2B discount for each leg of your consecutive cruise like Celebrity does. All of our B2B cruises with Celebrity we've had a TAD lunch in the MDR. Limited menu but another option for lunch. You would have received a card/invitation for the MDR lunch showing you are a consecutive cruiser.

We have done numerous back to backs from San Juan and have never had to leave the ship on turnaround day! They just put us in a room all together and brought customs on. It was very nice! I hope you enjoy it!

Agree. Our last B2B RC cruise out of San Juan was on the Jewel March/April 2017. All consecutive cruisers were instructed to meet in the Coral theater deck 5 on TAD. The whole TAD process and with customs was handled there. Never had to leave the ship.

We don’t do many 7 nighters anymore because it’s just not enough time! We have 9 to 14 nights planned into 2020. So unless you get bored easily it’s not too long. And going in and out of San Juan will be really port intensive. Any port you stop at twice? You may need that as a “ sea day” to rest a bit.

B2B are hit and miss for ease. I always feel like the morning is a bit wasted on change day. You have to wait around some. But you did it right and booked the same cabin! Although changing cabins is not a huge deal it’s very nice to keep the same one. Makes the morning even better! And you can just walk thru those shut doors to the cabins while others wait cause you don’t need to. Watching all the others go home while you stay is a great feeling!

On our B2B, our TAD lunch was in Giovanni's. It wasn't the full lunch menu but enought choice to have an enjoyable. Our B2B group was around 16 people.

No RC doesn't offer a B2B discount for each leg of your consecutive cruise like Celebrity does. All of our B2B cruises with Celebrity we've had a TAD lunch in the MDR. Limited menu but another option for lunch. You would have received a card/invitation for the MDR lunch showing you are a consecutive cruiser.

• 1 month later...
If you decide to get off the ship to site see or shop. You will be issued an intransit pass which allows you to bypass the lines when you get back to the ship. Sometimes they send your new sea pass cards to your room. Use the old one to get off the ship and the new one to get on.

Humm In transit Pass? We do B2B all the time but never got on of these. Next Month we are doing five B2B on The Independence with each cruise having different itineraries. When we are in Port for the Turn around, if we get off, we just carry our new card and passports to get back on. We have the same Cabin, no moving, so the day is perfect! If we stay on the ship that day, it is wonderful! You pretty much have the ship to yourself! The ship usually has a sign up for a B2B lunch in the MDR and it is very special! :D

Humm In transit Pass? We do B2B all the time but never got on of these. Next Month we are doing five B2B on The Independence with each cruise having different itineraries. When we are in Port for the Turn around, if we get off, we just carry our new card and passports to get back on. We have the same Cabin, no moving, so the day is perfect! If we stay on the ship that day, it is wonderful! You pretty much have the ship to yourself! The ship usually has a sign up for a B2B lunch in the MDR and it is very special! :D

We only do B2Bs and have always received an In Transit Card either at the special meeting held (depending on the number of consecutive cruisers) or in the envelope with information about turnaround day that is usually delivered to your cabin a day or two prior to debarkation.

We only do B2Bs and have always received an In Transit Card either at the special meeting held (depending on the number of consecutive cruisers) or in the envelope with information about turnaround day that is usually delivered to your cabin a day or two prior to debarkation.

We also only do b2b's and always get the transit card.

You do not have the ship to yourself very long. After b2b's re-board new passengers start boarding immediately. It's not like to old days when you literally had hours, now maybe an hour at the most.

You do not have the ship to yourself very long. After b2b's re-board new passengers start boarding immediately. It's not like to old days when you literally had hours, now maybe an hour at the most.
We didn't have to leave the ship in Bayonne on Adventure a couple of weeks ago. An agent came to the Imperial Lounge to check papers. Even without leaving, we only had the ship to ourselves for about 35 - 40 minutes. It was still a cool experience though, plus we didn't wait long for our daughter to join us on board.

We didn't have to leave the ship in Bayonne on Adventure a couple of weeks ago. An agent came to the Imperial Lounge to check papers. Even without leaving, we only had the ship to ourselves for about 35 - 40 minutes. It was still a cool experience though, plus we didn't wait long for our daughter to join us on board.

It's been that way for us depending on ship, number of b2b's, etc but I agree, even if its just a little time its a cool experience to be on the ship with hardly any other passengers!

• 1 month later...
We don’t do many 7 nighters anymore because it’s just not enough time! We have 9 to 14 nights planned into 2020. So unless you get bored easily it’s not too long. And going in and out of San Juan will be really port intensive. Any port you stop at twice? You may need that as a “ sea day” to rest a bit.

B2B are hit and miss for ease. I always feel like the morning is a bit wasted on change day. You have to wait around some. But you did it right and booked the same cabin! Although changing cabins is not a huge deal it’s very nice to keep the same one. Makes the morning even better! And you can just walk thru those shut doors to the cabins while others wait cause you don’t need to. Watching all the others go home while you stay is a great feeling!

We are going on our first B2B out of San Juan. The only port we stop twice at is St. Maarten. We thought we would do the Dutch side on stop and the French side the other stop. We were thinking about getting off the boat to look around San Juan but now I am thinking we should just relax and stay on the boat as we are staying in San Juan for 3 days after our cruise is over.

It's been that way for us depending on ship, number of b2b's, etc but I agree, even if its just a little time its a cool experience to be on the ship with hardly any other passengers!

That does sound like a cool experience. I think we will stay onboard.

It IS fun to stay on board and watch all the products coming on board!

There are all kinds of dogs with special training sniffing all the pallets.

You do feel special roaming the decks alone!

Good to know. We will head up to the decks and watch!!

The time has come for our 5 B2B cruises!

7:15 PM today Chuck and I fly to London to arrive tomorrow at 11AM for 3 nights in London!

4 days until we board the Indy for 42 nights! clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

We are READY!

That sounds amazing!!! I was worried about 2 weeks of clothing, formal nights. ..etc. Doing laundry off the ship or using laundry service. I can't imagine packing for 42 days. What is the secret? Any tips for our first B2B? Thanks !!

That sounds amazing!!! I was worried about 2 weeks of clothing, formal nights. ..etc. Doing laundry off the ship or using laundry service. I can't imagine packing for 42 days. What is the secret? Any tips for our first B2B? Thanks !!

Use the wash & fold service for $35 for all you can stuff in the bag. D+ and PC gets this for free.