Me, #theboy, and the unwanted guest on Allure

Now see I have read some really weird ones, that people seemed to have a lot of back and forth banter with individuals. I had to quit reading because they had pages and pages of posts about how was the wife, or the kids, or other cruises that had no relation to the one being done. And since I didn't know the posters like they all seemed to know each other, I quit reading and didn't go back to them. The one I recall the most I believe was someone that was going on the Symphony and they had pages and pages of posts that had nothing at all to do with the Symphony. I never even got to any posts about the ship and just had to stop reading it.

I don't have the close personal friendships many on these boards seem to have and so I often get quite confused and with those threads I just get out of them without posting.

I hate that on roll calls from previous trips, or the neighborhood. Or maybe I’m just jelly as I don’t make many long time cruise critic friends[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure this ends up being an interesting story, but why couldn't you type it all in one go? I have neither time nor patience to sort through 32 pages of comments to piece it together.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Forums mobile app

Are you serious right now? You really must be new to Cruise Critic and the reviews because it sometimes will take months to complete one with lots of comments and questions. The OP is not being paid to do this and does have a family to take care of and a job to work. You could have kept your rude comments to yourself and moved along if it was not to your liking.

Thank you op for taking the time to do this wonderful review.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Absolutely LOVED this review and all the "extra stuff"!

I have 4 kids- 3 girls and one boy AKA the boy child. Yes, that is what he gets called frequently and it's a term of endearment :D I love your use of #theboy, you're a #supercoolmom.

TP goes over.

Dogs are better than cats (whoa! Where'd that come from?!) :') Totally kidding, I love 'em both.

I get to board Oasis in 99 days!!!!!

Y'all take care and be blessed!

Thank you all for the kind words. Some of you may recall a few pages ago when I mentioned that the reason it was just Nicholas and me on this cruise is because my husband and oldest son were on a Boy Scout trip elsewhere. They are in the air right now and will be home very late tonight. The first time our full family will have been under the same roof in 2 weeks, and I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Since I'll likely be confined to the laundry room this weekend dealing with all things smelly from their trip, I'll post tonight the final installment. I will gladly come back when I can to read any comments and answer any questions, but it might be a day or two before I find my way out of the laundry room!

It's nuts how this thread brought out so many impatient and critical posters. I don't get it at all.

I agree. Is it a full moon or something?

Loved the review, and the writing style! [emoji16]

The whiners/complainers not so much. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with you about the OP referring to her son as #the boy in a loving way and this review is very interesting and entertaining. However, I’m one of those wives who would feel disrespected and hurt if my wonderful, loving DH of more than 40 years ever called me “the wife.” and I would never call him or refer to him as “the husband.” Nails on a chalkboard: yes, demeaning? YES!

Happy cruising everyone!!

I used to refer to my now ex as my first ex-husband, probably a bad omen.

Somewhere in between Day 6 and Day 7 I woke up at 3:00am hoping and praying I could get back to sleep. I did NOT want to start my day at 3:00am. Tossing, turning, stressing... It took a very long time, but eventually I did get back to sleep. My body does this to me when I know I have an alarm set. I wake up wicked early because I'm afraid the alarm won't go off, I'll oversleep, whatever.

And for good reason. The 5:30 wake up call never came! I woke up about 6:20am. We had successfully received a wake up call when in Roatan so I assumed it would work this morning too, but nope… not today. I woke the boy, who immediately had another nose bleed! After about 5 minutes it finally stopped, and we said it CBW. We threw everything else in the luggage, filled out the mobile passport app (because you can’t do it more than 4 hours of getting off the ship), skipped breakfast, grabbed our final folio printout and took off running. We walked straight off the ship at 7:00am, into the terminal, and there was a line at customs. It was not moving. I got the sense from some of the port personnel that customs hadn’t opened yet, so we were lining up. Very quickly after we arrived, however, the line started moving pretty quickly. I opened up the mobile app on my phone and headed to what I thought was the mobile app line, only to be told that they don’t start using the mobile app until 8:00am. Nobody told me that! In fact on the ship they really pushed the mobile app and never once said that if you're one of the first off the ship, don't bother. I wouldn’t have spent the 15 minutes it took setting that thing up. Especially when I was already running late.

Thankfully the line moved quickly and we were in a cab, at the airport, luggage checked and through security by 7:47am. Time for breakfast at Margaritaville right there after security. At breakfast I took the time to look at my folio charges and saw that there was NO charge for any of the medical services. I expected to be charged a few hundred for the visit. I wonder if it because I got hurt on the ship, rather than elsewhere?

Flight 1 to Orlando was uneventful and fast. Flight 2 from Orlando to IAD was a little less uneventful. It was SUPER bumpy due to weather and I was freaking out but trying to keep a brave face for my son. Once we got to our cruising altitude and it calmed down, he looks at me and says “That was FUN!” Ha! No. No it was not. Thankfully the rest of the flight was uneventful and I didn’t toss my cookies. It was really touch and go there for a few minutes.

The cab dropped us off around 3:00pm and I must admit I’m glad to be home. I feel the need to sleep for about 3 days and thank my lucky stars that the trip was NOT worse. My goal was to make memories with my son, and I must say we were successful. VERY successful.

Thank you so much for your review, I enjoyed reading every bit of it!

Btw, I commend you and Nicholas for staying positive despite the injuries, illness you both incurred while on vacation [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere in between Day 6 and Day 7 I woke up at 3:00am hoping and praying I could get back to sleep. I did NOT want to start my day at 3:00am. Tossing, turning, stressing... It took a very long time, but eventually I did get back to sleep. My body does this to me when I know I have an alarm set. I wake up wicked early because I'm afraid the alarm won't go off, I'll oversleep, whatever.

And for good reason. The 5:30 wake up call never came! I woke up about 6:20am. We had successfully received a wake up call when in Roatan so I assumed it would work this morning too, but nope… not today. I woke the boy, who immediately had another nose bleed! After about 5 minutes it finally stopped, and we said it CBW. We threw everything else in the luggage, filled out the mobile passport app (because you can’t do it more than 4 hours of getting off the ship), skipped breakfast, grabbed our final folio printout and took off running. We walked straight off the ship at 7:00am, into the terminal, and there was a line at customs. It was not moving. I got the sense from some of the port personnel that customs hadn’t opened yet, so we were lining up. Very quickly after we arrived, however, the line started moving pretty quickly. I opened up the mobile app on my phone and headed to what I thought was the mobile app line, only to be told that they don’t start using the mobile app until 8:00am. Nobody told me that! In fact on the ship they really pushed the mobile app and never once said that if you're one of the first off the ship, don't bother. I wouldn’t have spent the 15 minutes it took setting that thing up. Especially when I was already running late.

Thankfully the line moved quickly and we were in a cab, at the airport, luggage checked and through security by 7:47am. Time for breakfast at Margaritaville right there after security. At breakfast I took the time to look at my folio charges and saw that there was NO charge for any of the medical services. I expected to be charged a few hundred for the visit. I wonder if it because I got hurt on the ship, rather than elsewhere?

In January, they served my daughter chocolate ice cream. It had a nut in the bottom as apparently all the ice cream was by each other when they get it in MDR. The butter almond was right next to the chocolate....my daughter is HIGHLY allergic to tree nuts. We immediately went to infirmary. She was immediately hooked up to Benadryl IV. There was no charge for THAT visit. I guess if they feel the accident should have been avoided, there is no charge. We had to fill out a lot of paperwork. Plus two witnesses.

Thanks for your review, very entertaining. TP is over, cats rule (as I am allergic to dogs), a thermometer is the best way to check temps, crutches and or a wheelchair would not be fun, I am glad that you still had a great cruise.

This review is one of the most enjoyable that I've read in a long time. Loved the writing style, the humor, all the sidebar comments, and yes, even the whining. What a hoot! I especially loved how Sharse and #theboy, no doubt, made wonderful memories--even in light of some pretty bad things happening. After all, it CBW:D