What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

17 minutes ago, MrsTabs said:

Sailing on March 1st out of Miami - currently in a mini suite ( which we love due to the bathtub) might be our last cruise for a while ( reasons mainly a financial reason we can't turn down) put in very healthy bids a while ago but all the categories above us are now showing sold out - should I just cancel them?

If you want the cabin and willing to pay your price, leave them. If NCL is unable to accept your bid they will send a rejection notice a couple of days before sailing. 

People cancel last moment, others get moved up and opens sold out cabin.

I say hang in there.

going on the cruise Saturday out of Port Canaveral Epic. i have inside room have bid $285 on a balcony PP. I still have not heard anything. i have bid even more for the spa and mini suite options. got one more day.....

be interesting to see what happens!

Got the upgrade offer email at about 60 days out.  We are in mini-suite and bid on 5-6 different Havens.  My bids were all on the low end rated as poor and showed as "pending" until today.  We are 48 hours out and just go the emails from Norwegian showing the bids were rejected.  The Havens were showing as sold out on NCL.com for a couple of months prior to today.

3 minutes ago, awreaper said:

Got the upgrade offer email at about 60 days out.  We are in mini-suite and bid on 5-6 different Havens.  My bids were all on the low end rated as poor and showed as "pending" until today.  We are 48 hours out and just go the emails from Norwegian showing the bids were rejected.  The Havens were showing as sold out on NCL.com for a couple of months prior to today.

Identical situation with us for last summer's Bliss sailing except we started in Haven, CY PH.  We were invited to bid on DOS and 2 BR PH suite.  At 60 days out actually someone else got an upgrade to the 2 BR who bid perhaps $60 more than we did.  That same day the remaining two 2 BRs disappeared off the site and the entire Haven showed as sold out.  We bid in the poor to low end good and stayed pending until the 48 hr rejection.  

Board wisdom was that even if Haven is sold out, NCL likes the bids in hand in case of cancellations, which do sometimes happen.

5 minutes ago, janis_no1 said:

Is it just me? We leave on January 17th (breakaway 10 day Caribbean) and haven’t received an upgrade offer? not when I log into my account anyway.

maybe because we booked through our travel agent?

I too am on the 1/17 Breakaway sailing.

TA participation varies, if you go to the Messages tab of your NCL account and don't see a link to the offer - indeed your TA must not participate.

I never received an email to participate, but occasionally see a banner on my NCL account regarding the upgrade option, as well as a message in my NCL portal account.

A large swath of upgrades have already happened for the 1/17 breakaway sailing, seemingly all inside/ocean view -> various balcony/mini-suites.

Suite/Haven upgrades have not yet happened according to a group thread for this sailing.

3 minutes ago, Chuckabobo said:

TA participation varies, if you go to the Messages tab of your NCL account and don't see a link to the offer - indeed your TA must not participate.

I never received an email to participate, but occasionally see a banner on my NCL account regarding the upgrade option, as well as a message in my NCL portal account.

A large swath of upgrades have already happened for the 1/17 breakaway sailing, seemingly all inside/ocean view -> various balcony/mini-suites.

Suite/Haven upgrades have not yet happened according to a group thread for this sailing.

Thanks Chuckaboo. Wow so we have a group for this sailing. I’m just now looking up the excursions! We did book our journey only recently and am currently in Guatemala on a tour, so haven’t had as much time as I’d like to get “on board” earlier 

Jayne~

2 hours ago, Chuckabobo said:

Not that I’m doubting what I’m reading, but it seems like they’d want to do it the other way around doesn’t it?  Moving people to the Haven frees up balconies and minis, which could then be filled by insides and ocean views... max profit for NCL. 

The more I try to figure out the whole process, the less I know. 😄

13 days till my cruise, still no word. I’m getting antsy. I’m not optimistic, I don’t see a ton of availability anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

Not that I’m doubting what I’m reading, but it seems like they’d want to do it the other way around doesn’t it?  Moving people to the Haven frees up balconies and minis, which could then be filled by insides and ocean views... max profit for NCL. 

The more I try to figure out the whole process, the less I know. 😄

13 days till my cruise, still no word. I’m getting antsy. I’m not optimistic, I don’t see a ton of availability anymore. 

This ship isn't 100% full (though getting there) and the talk i've seen going back and forth of those that did get upgrades - and others that track upgrades out of a hobby apparently - is that indeed if upgrades are to happen all at once... it happens top down most expensive first, to least.

However when there is more ship availability to play with, last minute cruise bookings are more likely to sell cheaper interior/ocean view rooms - so having some of those available before the suites etc are filled first can also be profitable for the cruiseline.

But then to make things even more confusing, since the upgrades of inside/ocean view happened a few days ago - for several days on NCL and 3rd party sites - inside/ocean view rooms have not been available for purchase.... showing sold out - given they just upgraded a bunch of these people that seems odd - though what is also likely at play is the people who booked a sail-away rate - NCL upgraded inside rooms that paid a pick-your-room rate, to make room for all the sail-away-rate inside rooms they sold.

Again much conjecture and anybody's guess, upgrades as you see described throughout this thread are complicated :)

We are on the Epic on Saturday, Jan.12. We booked an inside several months ago, got an offer to bid at 70 days prior to sailing, and bid in the middle range on several catagories: spa mini suite, mini suite, spa balcony and balcony. We got an email this morning that our bid on the balcony, B2, was accepted! Very excited!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BadgerBadger said:

We are on the Epic on Saturday, Jan.12. We booked an inside several months ago, got an offer to bid at 70 days prior to sailing, and bid in the middle range on several catagories: spa mini suite, mini suite, spa balcony and balcony. We got an email this morning that our bid on the balcony, B2, was accepted! Very excited!!

So at how many days out from your cruise now is this day? 

32 minutes ago, BadgerBadger said:

I thought you could only bid up two categories? When we had an inside we were only given the option to bid on either oceanview or balcony. Now I have to book minimum balcony so I can bid on Haven. LOL

Cool Cruiser is correct. We were officially “2 days to cruise” when we received the email about our bid being accepted. I was expecting an email that our bids were expired... but it said the balcony bid was accepted!

The mini suite and the balcony are the 2 categories up from an inside.  They are available in both spa and non spa, when bidding.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I thought you could only bid up two categories? When we had an inside we were only given the option to bid on either oceanview or balcony. Now I have to book minimum balcony so I can bid on Haven. LOL

Epic is slightly different when bidding from inside cabin.  Epic does not have any ocean view cabins so you can put in bids "2" categories or metas up, meaning again epic only inside can bid for balcony, spa balcony (1 category or meta up) and mini suites, spa minisuites (2 categories up)

2 hours ago, Chuckabobo said:

This ship isn't 100% full (though getting there) and the talk i've seen going back and forth of those that did get upgrades - and others that track upgrades out of a hobby apparently - is that indeed if upgrades are to happen all at once... it happens top down most expensive first, to least.

However when there is more ship availability to play with, last minute cruise bookings are more likely to sell cheaper interior/ocean view rooms - so having some of those available before the suites etc are filled first can also be profitable for the cruiseline.

But then to make things even more confusing, since the upgrades of inside/ocean view happened a few days ago - for several days on NCL and 3rd party sites - inside/ocean view rooms have not been available for purchase.... showing sold out - given they just upgraded a bunch of these people that seems odd - though what is also likely at play is the people who booked a sail-away rate - NCL upgraded inside rooms that paid a pick-your-room rate, to make room for all the sail-away-rate inside rooms they sold.

Again much conjecture and anybody's guess, upgrades as you see described throughout this thread are complicated 🙂

Patience, this makes perfect sense to me, and I've been successfully with my upgrades all three times received my upgrade from 3 to 5 days before sailing.  My last cruise was just like yours above in that they ran out of insides and ocean views about 2-3 weeks prior and moved up lots of those people at about 2 week mark and waited until haven until 4 days before sailing.  Good luck and remember each sailing is 100 different, you cant compare a Xmas sailing upgrade with a sept hurricane season upgrade, completely different availability and pricing

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Epic is slightly different when bidding from inside cabin.  Epic does not have any ocean view cabins so you can put in bids "2" categories or metas up, meaning again epic only inside can bid for balcony, spa balcony (1 category or meta up) and mini suites, spa minisuites (2 categories up)

Aaahhh makes sense now!

Booked on Getaway on 3/10 in mini-suite.  Bid on H5 Courtyard Haven and H9 Spa suite for $600 and $500 respectively offers.

Checked on occupancy and both categories are 90% EMPTY so far. I know that it is 8 weeks until sailing but both bids are in the upper level of POOR or lower level of FAIR offers. Might decide to increase the bids if more cabins get occupied.

13 hours ago, Chuckabobo said:

Again much conjecture and anybody's guess, upgrades as you see described throughout this thread are complicated 🙂

I noticed that your sailing (1/17) isn't even showing up anymore on NCL this morning so I'm guessing it's sold out?  Did anyone get an upgrade that you know of?

2 minutes ago, stampincrazyinTX said:

I noticed that your sailing (1/17) isn't even showing up anymore on NCL this morning so I'm guessing it's sold out?  Did anyone get an upgrade that you know of?

There were a bunch of non-Haven upgrades recently and then nothing for the past few days. NCL has been doing site maintenance so the sailing often disappears and then comes back...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stampincrazyinTX said:

My 1/23 sailing on the Epic has disappeared as well, gone as of late last night.