What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

16 hours ago, spethstation said:

Anyone have success with a 'poor' bid from a balcony to a spa balcony? I'm sailing the Escape on Dec 7 and thinking about bidding the absolute minimum ($100 CAD pp) just to see what happens. I'm really interested in the thermal spa pass but can't swallow the actual price.

It's not quite the same but I recently had success with a poor bid on an upcoming Bliss sailing. I bid $110 US pp to move from a mini suite to a spa mini suite. That bid was in the poor range, maybe $10 or so above the bare minimum. Like you, I wanted a thermal spa pass but it costs more than I'm willing to shell out. 

5 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Please let us know how it turns out.

I'm sailing Encore in January and plan on making a bid from our balcony cabin to a spa cabin too.

I was thinking that maybe we could get away with $150 pp ($300 total). With 3 of us in a cabin that would average $100 pp for spa access and that would be a great deal.

Good luck with your bid.

Everything I've read says Spa passes are only for passengers 1 & 2 so I suggest you check carefully.   The 3rd person in the room might need to pay for a spa pass if they want access too.

1 minute ago, Sand and Seas said:

Everything I've read says Spa passes are only for passengers 1 & 2 so I suggest you check carefully.   The 3rd person in the room might need to pay for a spa pass if they want access too.

I actually heard differently, but will definitely look into it.

My understanding is that all adults in spa balcony's have access.

3 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I actually heard differently, but will definitely look into it.

My understanding is that all adults in spa balcony's have access.

I hope it is so.   Just wanted you to be aware that I have read here on the boards more than once that only the first two get the pass.   Good luck on your bidding🤞

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I hope it is so.   Just wanted you to be aware that I have read here on the boards more than once that only the first two get the pass.   Good luck on your bidding🤞

Just found this on ncl website. This was how I thought it worked.

Screenshot_20190925-125347.png

Screenshot_20190925-125404.png

I withdrew my bid to upgrade from oceanview to balcony because when I did a mock booking all of the remaining balcony cabins were directly under the nightclub. Everything else was sold out. I realize someone could cancel or there could be a change, but it's not a chance worth taking for us. Would be very convenient if we spent time in the nightclub though.

22 hours ago, spethstation said:

Anyone have success with a 'poor' bid from a balcony to a spa balcony? I'm sailing the Escape on Dec 7 and thinking about bidding the absolute minimum ($100 CAD pp) just to see what happens. I'm really interested in the thermal spa pass but can't swallow the actual price.

Is the luck of the draw. I am bidding for a spa balcony on the Getaway mid fair range and so far nothing. I have offered same bid on other cruises and never get it 😢

51 minutes ago, atheresa said:

Deck 9 Family Balcony

That's awesome! I'm going to role the dice after-all. If I get it and absolutely hate the location, I can always pay to upgrade to a higher category balcony, provided there is availability. When they advise you that you won the bid, do they assign you a cabin right away, or do you have to wait?

Edited by Firepath

30 minutes ago, Firepath said:

That's awesome! I'm going to role the dice after-all. If I get it and absolutely hate the location, I can always pay to upgrade to a higher category balcony, provided there is availability. When they advise you that you won the bid, do they assign you a cabin right away, or do you have to wait?

No the assignment it immediately when upgraded is awarded

36 minutes ago, Firepath said:

Just remember that many bids are accepted just 2-4 days before sailing, so there would likely be no opportunity by then to upgrade further.  If course, you can bid now and later withdraw your bid (prior to acceptance) if getting a last minute assignment troubles you too greatly.

well I've given up hope-I think my chances for an upgrade to the Haven are slim at best.  I only see 2-3 cabins in each category available, if that...and 2 categories as sold out.  I'm on the Joy, December 8, 2019.

The pickings seem to get slimmer each day.  Oh well.

32 minutes ago, Firepath said:

I guess I was under the assumption that they either accepted or denied all offers at the same time, but now I see that's not the case. They've already approved at least one, and are still offering me the opportunity to bid on an upgrade.

They can do as they please.  

While happy for the recipient, I am a bit surprised they accepted a low upgrade bid 25 days prior to the cruise.  Never know.

1 hour ago, Firepath said:

They assigned my cabin right away. I got the email notifying me and right away got another email with my cabin assignment.

On 9/24/2019 at 2:18 PM, gipsy4ever said:

Hi - Has anyone’s upgrade bids been accepted for the Norwegian Gem sailing on Sep 27 - New England/Canada?

I did, two days ago! I won an upgrade from inside to oceanview. However, my second bid for balcony is still pending.

What about you?

• Like 1

I just got upgraded on Joy for Thanksgiving sailing. 7 day Mexico. Upgraded from inside deck 5 to Balcony, Deck 13 BA.

Received the offer to upgrade at 90 days

Upgraded at 60 days

Originally booked inside CAS offer, paid only port fees, taxes etc.  $600.

Bid $250 pp.  Meter was in Good bid.

Total cost now $1100.  I checked current balcony pricing and its $2600 so I think I scored a nice upgrade.

• Like 4

Over the past day or so I have seen our Oct 24, 2019 cruise on the Jade completely sold out then it disappeared from the site,  only to reappear later in the day with just  2 categories sold out.  This has happen a couple times and this morning it is not listed on the site at all... so I am guessing that any chance for an upgrade is very low. 

Haven't seen this yet, I got offered 3 upgrades rather than the 2 I keep seeing in this forum. Staying in an inside on deck 5 under the theater so I have nothing to lose by bidding! I stay up late anyhow & supposedly it quiets down by 11. (Is that true?) I always stay in a balcony because my mom loves it but going this time with a friend on a budget so went for the "cheap seats" with no perks. Put the bids in, got email that they had been rec'd, then got another that they were processed. Then I withdrew them bc I thought I was going to have to cancel (minimize my losses), then found out I could go (!) so rebid. I did this 4 days ago, 23 days out now.  This is my 5th cruise and I have spent money on spa services so hopefully this helps me a bit!

9 minutes ago, Tina451 said:

Haven't seen this yet, I got offered 3 upgrades rather than the 2 I keep seeing in this forum. Staying in an inside on deck 5 under the theater so I have nothing to lose by bidding! I stay up late anyhow & supposedly it quiets down by 11. (Is that true?) I always stay in a balcony because my mom loves it but going this time with a friend on a budget so went for the "cheap seats" with no perks. Put the bids in, got email that they had been rec'd, then got another that they were processed. Then I withdrew them bc I thought I was going to have to cancel (minimize my losses), then found out I could go (!) so rebid. I did this 4 days ago, 23 days out now.  This is my 5th cruise and I have spent money on spa services so hopefully this helps me a bit!

The number of upgrades offered is different for everyone depending on the ship, the sailing date, the cabin booked, etc.   For example, I have 8 options for upgrades, all the way from spa mini suite, to Haven deluxe owners suite.  I currently have a mid-ship mini suite, which was upgraded from a balcony because of a price drop.  (Nothing to do with the bidding process.)

I bid on a couple of things, but have only ever received an email that my bid was "received", not that it was "processed".  I thought that once it was "processed", it means that they have accepted the offer, and that you received your upgrade.  If you were able to withdraw your bid, and your credit card was not charged, then I am not sure what "processed" means.

And you do have something to lose - the extra money you are spending for bidding if you get it, since you are on a budget 🙂

On 9/17/2019 at 6:06 PM, 2NOLAcruisers said:

You can check-in now.

I am on the Gem in 3 days (leaving from Boston.)   I checked in a couple of weeks ago (checking into my original cabin) and just yesterday won my upgrade bid.

If you are leaving in two days but win an upgrade you will need access to a printer to print the updated luggage tags and cruise documents.  

They have all the luggage tags at the port, we got our upgrade prior to arriving, porters just got your color and put in your info. If its too late to print.

40 minutes ago, Tina451 said:

NCL allows bids on up to  two “meta” categories above your current.  So, from an inside on most ships (Epic is different as it lacks OV cabins), you can bid on OV and balcony cabins.  In addition to regular balcony, you may have a spa balcony bid offer.  That is quite typical now.

I have a balcony for an upcoming cruise.  I am able to bid on 7 different suites, 2 minisuites plus a spa balcony upgrade.  Again, I can go up to 2 “meta” categories above my current balcony....there can multiple offers within those metas.

32 minutes ago, DinaS said:

The number of upgrades offered is different for everyone depending on the ship, the sailing date, the cabin booked, etc.   For example, I have 8 options for upgrades, all the way from spa mini suite, to Haven deluxe owners suite.  I currently have a mid-ship mini suite, which was upgraded from a balcony because of a price drop.  (Nothing to do with the bidding process.)

I bid on a couple of things, but have only ever received an email that my bid was "received", not that it was "processed".  I thought that once it was "processed", it means that they have accepted the offer, and that you received your upgrade.  If you were able to withdraw your bid, and your credit card was not charged, then I am not sure what "processed" means.

And you do have something to lose - the extra money you are spending for bidding if you get it, since you are on a budget 🙂

Yes it was weird, but it was a 2 part email.  No charge yet. My brother gave me a $250 credit thing (which I was nice enough to split with my friend) so if it costs under a hundred a piece to get a balcony or porthole I'm happy!