The truth is, I get up, I take off my nightie, I have a shower, I dress and we go to breakfast. When we get back, my nightie that was tossed on to the bed is still there, because the stewards hasn't done the room yet, nor does he/she ever do it before we get back. Before going ashore or off to some entertainment on board, I fold my nightie and put it either under the pillow on in the drawer next to my bed. Now I've been out of it for over an hour, so I think it's probably aired!! All the bacteria and germs are now flying round the cabin and not bothering anybody at all :-)

the original poster is now taking a bit of abuse that is unwarranted; some of the passengers have questionable hygiene practises but then so do people everywhere. I don't own 14 pairs of pyjamas and even if I did wouldn't take up some of the precious 23kg with them; why not sleep in yesterday's t shirt, if you have to wear anything??

the original poster is now taking a bit of abuse that is unwarranted; some of the passengers have questionable hygiene practises but then so do people everywhere. I don't own 14 pairs of pyjamas and even if I did wouldn't take up some of the precious 23kg with them; why not sleep in yesterday's t shirt, if you have to wear anything??

Hi....unless you are on a fly cruise you are allowed a lot more than 23kg....and even if you were on a fly cruise with limited luggage why would you have to take 14 pair of pyjamas. There are free launderettes on each deck so you could have clean pyjamas every night using just a few pair. Yes it would be time consuming but if it is important to you to have clean every night then that is a small " sacrifice" to pay.

A few months ago, in a discussion about 'excellent' scores for cabin stewards, I stated that I didn't give my steward top marks for a variety of reasons. One of which was that he left my nightwear out sometimes. I acknowledged that it was trivial, and that on it's own would not have merited a downgrading. I'm not getting into any discussion about that.

However, many responded by saying that they put their nightwear into the bedside drawer. I am the only one who finds that disgusting? The idea that people find it acceptable to place garments which have been worn into a confined space such as a drawer astounding. Especially as following passengers use the same drawer for make up, or medication or anything really. Anything I have worn is either in the wash basket or left out to air. I would never dream of stuffing worn garments into a drawer.

Am I on my own here?

I for one would not expect my steward to put my clothes away especially any night wear or underwear. I always hang mine up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I for one would not expect my steward to put my clothes away especially any night wear or underwear. I always hang mine up!

Re reading my post I realise why some are getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.

When I said he left my nightie out I meant he moved it from where I left it, on the bed, airing, and left it draped over a chair. He hadn't put it back on the bed where I had put it.

I do not expect him to tidy up after me :D

You say you didn't expect him to tidy up after you, but you did leave your nightie out in the way of him doing his job properly. And wouldn't your nightie air out draped over the chair just as well as laying on the bed? That might have been a better place to put your nightie to begin with. What a shame to mark down your steward for something you basically initiated.

You say you didn't expect him to tidy up after you, but you did leave your nightie out in the way of him doing his job properly. And wouldn't your nightie air out draped over the chair just as well as laying on the bed? That might have been a better place to put your nightie to begin with. What a shame to mark down your steward for something you basically initiated.

As I said in my op that was only one of the many reasons why he wasn't marked excellent. I do expect him to replace my things where I left them.

Anyway this has nothing to do with this thread.

As I said in my op that was only one of the many reasons why he wasn't marked excellent. I do expect him to replace my things where I left them.

Um, what? How does that not have anything to do with this thread? You said it in the first paragraph of your OP!

Here goes, I use essential oils I carry with me 'cause... .drum roll please... I'm more concerned about picking up creepy crawlies. Based on the type of essential oil used....they are natural disinfectants, anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, opens up your sinuses and smells good. <3(y)(y):ship:

Ramona

Which oil is that and how do you use it, especially for sinus

Um, what? How does that not have anything to do with this thread? You said it in the first paragraph of your OP!

Because the subject was done to death in the relevant thread. As I said in the op.

This thread is about people's questionable practice of putting their used nightwear into the bedside drawer before the steward could touch them.

I guess you weren't clear that your discussion was another thread, and not a conversation you had with friends. Sorry I brought it up - I was just going by your opening remarks.

FangedRose-I actually take offence at you criticising people’s ‘questionable practices’! Mine included!

I use drawers to put things away in and to keep my cabin tidy!

That’s what drawers are for!

No disrespect- you need to live and let live and stop being so paranoid!

Eve

Posted (edited)
FangedRose-I actually take offence at you criticising people’s ‘questionable practices’! Mine included!

I use drawers to put things away in and to keep my cabin tidy!

That’s what drawers are for!

No disrespect- you need to live and let live and stop being so paranoid!

Eve

I was not the first to use that phrase #163.

Drawers are for clean clothes not dirty.

The remark was not directly to you, but you take it personally, that's paranoid.

"Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you!" (Joseph Heller)

Edited by FangedRose

Which oil is that and how do you use it, especially for sinus

I use about seven/eight essential oils (Note: not aromatherapy oils) and I use them for many things, body, cleaning, laundry. Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Wintergreen, Tea Tree, Lavender, Clove (from seeds, not the leaves; yes, there is a difference), Orange, Lemon, Helichrysum (very expensive) Cedar. There are tons of places on the internet where you can find recipes using essential oils, you should try doing... How to use essential oils for XXXXXXX. And Essential Oils to relieve sinus congestion/infections, etc.

Sorry I will not tell you how I take care of my sinuses because I use my oils directly on my skin without diluting them or using a carrier oil which is never recommended but I've been doing it for years with no ill effects so I'll continue but you need to find your happy medium. Make google your friend. Good luck

Ramona

FangedRose is running a tight ship......uh..... thread. There will be no thread creep. Talk about nighties in drawers only.

Thanks Ramona.

Maybe a drop or two of a couple of them would be good in draws.

Thanks Ramona.

Maybe a drop or two of a couple of them would be good in draws.

I infuse the inside of my suitcases with either Lavender, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass (I forgot this one). Sometimes I throw some Peppermint by placing the oils on cotton balls, paper towels, old cloth, whatever's on hand and placing them inside all the pockets in my suitcase and in the main sections. I then close up the suitcase(s) without anything else in there. I do this one to two weeks before I pack anything.

Ramona

And what does it do?

The essential oils in my suitcase? Hopefully it does the job of repelling any four legged creatures that may want to stow away in my luggage (aircraft holds, overhead bins, etc.). All of the oils I mentioned repel different kinds of insects or critters in the rodent family.

I hand wash my underwear in the bathroom sink. On my previous 10 day cruise, I used the self-service laundry three times. I'm not keen on doing laundry when returning from a vacation. On my upcoming cruise, I will be traveling for almost two months so I'll become friendly with the four walls of the laundry room.

Ramona

Yes I guess 2 months youwould have to, but I steer clear of the laundry room on a 19 night cruise. I bag up my used laundry and do it all when I get home. I'm on holiday, don't do washing and ironing then!!

Yes I guess 2 months youwould have to, but I steer clear of the laundry room on a 19 night cruise. I bag up my used laundry and do it all when I get home. I'm on holiday, don't do washing and ironing then!!

This is some what off topic, maybe not; but I'm an exercise instructor plus spend time in the gym or taking classes so my business casual clothes are my workout clothes. Once I get sweaty, I can either wash them in the bathroom sink or go to the laundry. I don't machine dry my workout clothes so I hang them up to air dry helping to keep my room moisturized, LOL. By the way through the Roll Call for this cruise, 300 plus, I've organized workout classes for sea days. I need to keep my instructor skills sharp and on point. It's free and not under the auspices of the ship; those who participate will be helping me out.

Ramona

No worries, I am sure the stories he tells his mates downstairs about this cabin makes up for the excellent marks

If your worried about the bedside drawers, I guess I should not bring up soaking excursion days walking socks in the kettle at days end.

I wouldn't say I was a germaphobe. But I am careful about hand washing etc. However as I have meds which are best taken first thing in the morning an hour before eating, they are kept by the bed, usually in the drawer. After reading about what others do with their night clothes after wearing them I too will be taking anti viral wipes with me on my next cruise.

Sorry but what virus are you going to catch from someone's nightwear?

No, it's absolutely hilarious and I look on it often to see what further ridiculousness has been posted, Thank goodness I'm a Naturist and wear as few clothes as possible!

Do you take a camera on cruises, Sharon?

Lol John

Sorry - never thought to photograph it!

coo, I'm really worried now about what I could catch from a fart? LOL For goodness sake! if you could catch norovirus from a fart, the whole ship would be down with it. Cracked up here.