Falmouth Jamaica

jerseymermaid

Either the left one or the right one. In between are some shops and restaurants on the dock. Both sides funnel into this between place. Falmouth is not like Cozumel or St Thomas where some of the docks are seperated by some distance.

Does anyone know what dock the Regal Princess docks at?

One dock. I think the only tour that is close is the river rafting. Others are about an hour away one way. Check tour details on the Princess site and you will see the distances. Directly at the pier is a shopping mall with all the common Caribbean shops and a few dining, drinking locations. We just walked off, walked around, grabbed a brew and re-boarded.

I think Royal Caribbean built Falmouth port and pier, and for several years it seemed as if their ships were the ones calling there. Now some Princess ships are at Falmouth. Not sure why other than there just aren’t that many available ports on Western Itineraries.

I have been there several times and agree that the location is very inconvenient. I would actually prefer Ocho Rios to Falmouth. To get to Dunn’s River, river tubing or the Blue Hole it is at least an hour or more each way. One visit we did a day pass at an all inclusive resort closer to Montego Bay, very nice but expensive ( over $100 per person) and with the bus ride back and forth I don’t think we were there long enough to get your moneys worth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, RCCL built the port at Falmouth because the existing ports at Ocho Rios and Montego Bay were not big enough to support their "new" larger ships. After a couple of years, Jamaica "convinced" RCCL to allow other lines to use the port.

But I agree, having docked in Falmouth, next time, I'm staying on the ship.

As others have said, good day to have a "sea day in port." Don't even think about leaving the complex around the dock as it is very dicey once you exit the pier area. Some not nice people out there. At one time it got so bad that some of the ships threatened to not go there anymore until something was done to clean it up.

IMHO it really doesn't matter since I wouldn't bother getting off the ship in Falmouth. For me, it's the worst port I've ever visited. YMMV

Just too much crime in Jamaica. We simply use that day as a spa day.