Staying on Symphony at Nassau?

I'm also planning on staying when I visit Nassau on the Symphony in early January. I imagine quite a decent amount of people will also stay onboard since Nassau seems to be a frequent stop on the Caribbean/Bahamas cruises. I don't need to go to Atlantis again since I spent a few days there a few years ago, and I was also there on the Allure, and an unexpected overnight on the Anthem too. Fourth cruise yet third one to stop in Nassau.

We’ve always enjoyed this stop, but we are beach lovers. We’ve done Atlantis twice, the Melia, RIU, and the Hilton (not a favorite). We did stop by Junkanoo once, not impressed.

What did you think of the Melia? We're considering Melia and Breezes for our stop in Nassau in December.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Contemplating station on the ship for this port day... we have never done this for a port day before... are there any fun ship activities while in port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we did so on Allure, it happened to be our 30th anniversary, was truly a memorable day.

Boy thats really crude how would you like it if someone said Cape Cod sucks?

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. For what it's worth I have a close friend that thinks the Cape sucks but we are still friends You are certainly entitled to your opinion . Have a nice day

Half the time we stay onboard in Nassau. 100% of the time we do that we never regret it. No lines, no crowds, plenty of space to find chairs in the shade. It's nice for about 4-5 hours while the majority of people are gone. At that point it's no different than paying to go to a resort for the day <shrug>. I just went to Freeport this weekend and while everyone else paid to go to beaches I had an entire pool, pool deck, buffet, huge sun bed, and bar to myself and like 20 other people total. It was incredible.

When you stay on the ship in Nassau, you will NOT be alone and have the ship to yourself!

Many folks rather stay on the ship in Nassau ... and those who get off often return early. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or in the case of the Oasis class on some of the itineraries you have to be back quick. My 2011 cruise arrived at 8, and have to be back by 1.

What did you think of the Melia? We're considering Melia and Breezes for our stop in Nassau in December.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved it, beautiful pools and beaches, 15 minute can or bus ride. The daiquiri shake is across the street, delicious drinks made from fresh fruit.

I remember taking an Alaskan cruise back in 2003. We stopped at Skagway, Juneau, Sitka and finally Ketchikan.

By time we hit Ketchikan we were sick and tired of seeing the same "cruise" junk stores. If you're not taking a fun excursion having the ship less crowded is always worth staying on especially ships as big as Symphony!

Or in the case of the Oasis class on some of the itineraries you have to be back quick. My 2011 cruise arrived at 8, and have to be back by 1.

Symphony of the Seas Eastern Caribbean cruises in November of this year will be in Nassau from 10-6.

Have done this tour previously., but not in Nassau. The Graycliff Chocolatier factory tour Is fun for the whole family . Consists of a short narrative on the history of the cocoa bean into chocolate, ,then put on hairnets and aprons and go into the kitchen to create your own chocolate and treats to take back with you. .They also have their chocolates for sale.

Thanks for the recommendation! That might be something I would get off the ship for in Nassau. For me personally, laying by the pool on a less crowded day beats traveling to a beach.

I've heard that the Pirate Republic Brewing Coconut Porter is really good, but when we stopped in, they were all out. I can't remember what beers I did have when I was there but I do remember I liked every one:D

I remember they also poured samplers that you could try before you but a large glass. That might be dependent on the bar tender. The bartender that was there was really nice.

dp

For the first time I stayed in the ship when we were in Falmouth Jamaica, great choice. We didn’t have an excursion so we opted to stay on the ship

Will def stay on the ship at Nassau specially when the all aboard is around 1-2pm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums