Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi

pizzalady1

A quick search of the board would find many threads.

Have taken it twice, in both directions. It is a good way to see the area, and is hop on hop off, so gives you a wide range of possibilities of things to do. To say it is guided is a little over doing it...the Captain may give some commentary, but the amount varies. The "northern route" ( from the Port Everglades stop) is the far better route, as opposed to the Hollywood route, but the Hollywood route takes you through Port Everglades.

I would like to take the Water Taxi after my next cruise. When I rode it before - loved it - it was before the cruise, so luggage was in the hotel room. But what am I suppose to do with my luggage after the cruise, when my flight leaves the same day? I know I can take luggage to FLL for storage, but that is on the expensive side, not to mention going to FLL, then water taxi stop, then back to FLL. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I would like to take the Water Taxi after my next cruise. When I rode it before - loved it - it was before the cruise, so luggage was in the hotel room. But what am I suppose to do with my luggage after the cruise, when my flight leaves the same day? I know I can take luggage to FLL for storage, but that is on the expensive side, not to mention going to FLL, then water taxi stop, then back to FLL. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Have you checked to see if your cruise line has a luggage valet program and, if so, that your airline participates?. Your luggage is taken the night before disembarkation and the next time you see it is on your home airport luggage carousel.

If you do not have luggage valet, just take your luggage to the Hilton Marina and ask them to hold it for you then, walk down to the water taxi stop at the hotel. We give them $5 to hold luggage.

We are "snowbirds" from New England who not only cruise each year from Port Everglades, but stay in the area for three months as well. Retirement is awesome!

The water taxi is a must do for us each year. We traverse the entire route and get on and off to have lunch and to shop. Be sure to get the senior discount (if it applies to you) and go onto Groupon.com which sometimes has discounts.

The water taxi is a must do for us each year. We traverse the entire route and get on and off to have lunch and to shop. Be sure to get the senior discount (if it applies to you) and go onto Groupon.com which sometimes has discounts.

Thanks for the groupon tip. I'll start watching.

We take it every time we are in Fort Lauderdale a day before our cruise. We love it. Very relaxing and interesting to hear the commentary on who lived in the houses on the water, etc. our driver has always been very good at narrating throughout the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We rode it to a couple of restaurants. The ride was very nice. We boarded the boat, then paid with credit card. Read up on the routes and be patient. It took about an hour wait to get on one time. The second time we went down to Hollywood and had a drink at Jimmy Buffets. We passed many cruise ships on the way. Nice affordable way to see the area.

Do they serve cocktails onboard?

Some boats actually have a small "bar" and others have more of a cooler.

They do allow BYOB, last year we ended up with too many bottles of champagne from our cruise, took a couple to our hotel and the day before we left we still had one left over, so we got a couple of cups from Starbucks, had our champagne on ice in a bag from the hotel and had it on our last water taxi ride :)