C&A program outdated?

I realize I let this one sit for a couple days but had to weigh in. We're on the younger-than-that side but always book a suite. I've got shoulder-length, "assisted"-blonde hair and figure I own enough musical equipment that if I can't be a rock star, I'm allowed to dress like one. Once on boarding day we hit the CL and this group of 3 older couples stop me and actually ask if I'm someone from a band, because they're not up with who is "somebody" now.

It DID briefly occur to me to throw out "Yep, I play Bass in (random 80s band touring with only one original member)" just to see if I could keep the charade up for the week.

But they never questioned my credentials for entry. ;) As I've learned from my trips in the NASCAR Garage area: acting like you belong saves you a lot of trouble.

It reminds me of the Leonardo DiCaprio film Catch me if you can.

If you look confident people will believe you.

I realize I let this one sit for a couple days but had to weigh in. We're on the younger-than-that side but always book a suite. I've got shoulder-length, "assisted"-blonde hair and figure I own enough musical equipment that if I can't be a rock star, I'm allowed to dress like one. Once on boarding day we hit the CL and this group of 3 older couples stop me and actually ask if I'm someone from a band, because they're not up with who is "somebody" now.

It DID briefly occur to me to throw out "Yep, I play Bass in (random 80s band touring with only one original member)" just to see if I could keep the charade up for the week.

But they never questioned my credentials for entry. ;) As I've learned from my trips in the NASCAR Garage area: acting like you belong saves you a lot of trouble.

That’s one of the annoying things that seems to come up in the DL/CL. Many believe opening lines are “what do you do for a living “.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've seen on numerous occasions. The concierge walking around to all the tables. Asking how the cruise is going so far etc. They also ask "what room are you in?".

A year or so ago on the Harmony Checker the Diamond concierge at the time. Talked with my wife and I then went to talk to a group of 4 women. I overheard some of the conversation. They had just wandered in there behind someone. And were not diamond. He told them that after they finished their drinks. They would have to leave. They were quite upset because they had drink packages. And were told they could go anywhere and drink.

He said they had to leave and that was that.

So to those that think they can just sneak in behind someone. They do catch those people. And I don't think a free drink is worth the embarrassment.

Also they have your picture in their computer if you are eligible to be there.

That’s one of the annoying things that seems to come up in the DL/CL. Many believe opening lines are “what do you do for a living “.

Maybe not opening, but not an off limits question. In line with where from, what's next cruise, what was your favorite, what was your last, etc..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe not opening, but not an off limits question. In line with where from, what's next cruise, what was your favorite, what was your last, etc..

I suppose they are the small talk questions everyone has in their vocabulary.

I think it is an off limits question. For the most part, what one does while not on a Cruise is actually no one’s business unless they volunteer. Asking is just rude and improper.

I think it is an off limits question. For the most part, what one does while not on a Cruise is actually no one’s business unless they volunteer. Asking is just rude and improper.

Deja' vu all over again.

SMH

In our many cruises. We have met many new friends through talking in the lounge. We have discussed a lot more than just where are you from, how many cruises, what do you do to afford cruising.

These are friends we are cruising with on future cruises. We have met some of them on land between cruises and gone to dinner. We have celebrated our birthdays together, And will continue to sail with them in the future. On the Sept 29 cruise on the Harmony we have 10 cruise buddies we are sailing with.

The way some on here are posting I'm wondering if they are part of the Witsec program with Sammy the Bull.

In all our cruises we must have been lucky enough not to have sat near or talked to some of them. If someone doesn't want to talk, they just want to be alone that is fine. You can tell that in about 30 seconds. They will answer you with one word answers. So I never "offend" them. But most people are in the lounge to make new friends, and swap stories.

I love the "what is your town famous for?" question.

If I'm being nice I reply pottery - Wedgwood; Royal Doulton. :D If I'm being mischievous I answer Captain John Smith; Captain of the Titanic. Some people don't know what to say when you mention the Titanic.:evilsmile: