C&A program outdated?

I typically get the drink package as well. I think as a loyalty program adding free or a discounted on ship things would be nice. Example free or discounted Room Service(still a major thorn in my ---) that they now charge for this. discounted excursions. I am also starting to feel like the status I have achieved doesn't amount to a whole lot. IJS

Room service is really just a personal option - don't want it as a loyalty perk. cost will just come from other perks or have something else eliminated. Continential breakfast is still free.

Room service is really just a personal option - don't want it as a loyalty perk. cost will just come from other perks or have something else eliminated. Continential breakfast is still free.
It used to be free

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RC do those free drinks deals for UK customers.

What they also do is automatically increase the fare by over £200pppw so even if you drink little or are D+ like us and get free drinks during cocktail hours every night we are still paying for something we don't want.

Depends what promotion they have on at the time.

No free drinks were on promo when we booked, so we got a real low price for the cruise. We did get $600 obc so bought the drinks package with that.

After we booked they had a free drinks package promotion and yes hiked up the price by £1000 for our same booking with the drinks package included. We got the better deal for sure ;)

Depends what promotion they have on at the time.

No free drinks were on promo when we booked, so we got a real low price for the cruise. We did get $600 obc so bought the drinks package with that.

After we booked they had a free drinks package promotion and yes hiked up the price by £1000 for our same booking with the drinks package included. We got the better deal for sure ;)

Pleased you got lucky because once they put the free!!! drinks promotion on the ship fills up quick even though the price shoots up to pay for the free promotion.

I wonder why the inclusive drink packages happens in the UK and seldom in the USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are probably more price savvy in the US and would cancel if it was worth it when the price comes back down after a big price increase was coupled with the free!!! drinks promotion.

You are probably more price savvy in the US and would cancel if it was worth it when the price comes back down after a big price increase was coupled with the free!!! drinks promotion.

I would welcome the inclusion of Drink Package here in the US but I feel most on here, especially Diamond and above, would loudly protest.

I would welcome the inclusion of Drink Package here in the US but I feel most on here, especially Diamond and above, would loudly protest.

If it was a genuine Free Drinks promotion it would be good but unfortunately the cruise price is hiked up more than the cost of the drinks package.

Not interested. Their plan doesn’t include gratuities. We like paying up front so we don’t have to worry about charges onboard as related to drinking.

I've never drank enough to worry.

You seem to be picking a very obscure reason to avoid them.

• 4 weeks later...
Not interested. Their plan doesn’t include gratuities. We like paying up front so we don’t have to worry about charges onboard as related to drinking.

When you have the booze package on NCL they charge the gratuities up front.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

When you have the booze package on NCL they charge the gratuities up front.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

I have not personally been on NCL. However, it’s my understanding from others who have sailed NCL with the inclusion of Drink Package as part of their fare, that the gratuities are charged at the time the drink is served and added to your bill.

Maybe others that have sailed on NCL recently with the inclusion of Drink Package can comment.

It sounds like you are referring to the times they didn’t offer the DP as part of the fare??? Recent cruises and inclusive of DP.

I have not personally been on NCL. However, it’s my understanding from others who have sailed NCL with the inclusion of Drink Package as part of their fare, that the gratuities are charged at the time the drink is served and added to your bill.

Maybe others that have sailed on NCL recently with the inclusion of Drink Package can comment.

It sounds like you are referring to the times they didn’t offer the DP as part of the fare??? Recent cruises and inclusive of DP.

No idea why someone told you that.

When you buy the package you pay the daily charge + 20% gratuity right away.

You don't pay gratuity on individual $0 drinks.

That's the way it's always worked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

No idea why someone told you that.

When you buy the package you pay the daily charge + 20% gratuity right away.

You don't pay gratuity on individual $0 drinks.

That's the way it's always worked.

How do you buy a package that is already included as part of your fare?

If you watch recent scopes from those that are onboard NCL Seaside where the DP was included in their fare, the biggest gripe is that the gratuities on drinks wasn’t included.

How do you buy a package that is already included as part of your fare?

If you pick it as your choice from the free at sea thing the 20% gratuity of what wouldn't been the price of your package had you bought it is added to your total cruise fare.

You don't have the option of not paying during final payment.

If you pick it as your choice from the free at sea thing the 20% gratuity of what wouldn't been the price of your package had you bought it is added to your total cruise fare.

When did you sail and on what ship and was the DP included in the fare? These are recent scopes of those onboard.

Plus they inflate the "value" of the DP to something like $80 per day so they can calculate the daily gratuity

When did you sail and on what ship and was the DP included in the fare? These are recent scopes of those onboard.

I'm sorry but those people are lying to you.

Just do a mock booking on ncl and you'll see it.

Most recent trip for me was the Sun in December, with the package included as part of the promotion.

And I've got three cruises on ncl upcoming where I've already paid the grats on the promotion packages.

Plus they inflate the "value" of the DP to something like $80 per day so they can calculate the daily gratuity

Wether the whole product, including total cruise fare etc is worth it for you on NCL or not is a different discussion. In just explaining the mechanics of the thing.

Wether the whole product, including total cruise fare etc is worth it for you on NCL or not is a different discussion. In just explaining the mechanics of the thing.

Absolutely, I was just trying to explain how they calculate the tips on something free or included

It's possible someone got confused about the VAT that's being charge in some ports.

If a port requires the ship to pay VAT on alcohol, it's also required to pay that VAT on a drink that's included as part of the package. The value is the same, so the VAT is the same.

Some cruise lines eat those costs and don't pass on the charge to the pax, some do pass on the cost. NCL passes on the cost to the passenger. So in some ports you'll have a small charge even when you have the package. Outside of those ports they normally don't even present you with a paper bill/receipt if you have package, making it more difficult to tip extra.

I'm sorry but those people are lying to you.

Just do a mock booking on ncl and you'll see it.

Most recent trip for me was the Sun in December, with the package included as part of the promotion.

And I've got three cruises on ncl upcoming where I've already paid the grats on the promotion packages.

I stand corrected and apologize. I checked back with one of those scopers and they said they were mistaken at that time. Too much booze I guess. It was Fake News and I am guilty of spreading it but I least I apologize.

They did say that it was significantly higher than Royal’s.