C&A program outdated?

My Robot. We have advanced beyond Rockets now. Heck, private citizens now shoot up Rockets. Soon, everyone will have a Robot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the UK we shoot rockets on November 5th.Guy Fawkes or Bonfire Night.

In WDW they shoot rockets every night.

I realize I let this one sit for a couple days but had to weigh in. We're on the younger-than-that side but always book a suite. I've got shoulder-length, "assisted"-blonde hair and figure I own enough musical equipment that if I can't be a rock star, I'm allowed to dress like one. Once on boarding day we hit the CL and this group of 3 older couples stop me and actually ask if I'm someone from a band, because they're not up with who is "somebody" now.

It DID briefly occur to me to throw out "Yep, I play Bass in (random 80s band touring with only one original member)" just to see if I could keep the charade up for the week.

But they never questioned my credentials for entry. ;) As I've learned from my trips in the NASCAR Garage area: acting like you belong saves you a lot of trouble.

When made Diamond 20yrs ago there were no Diamond Lounges and we were allowed in the Concierge Lounge. Back then was a big cruise if had 6-10 Diamonds on same sailing's and had same benefits as someone staying in a Suite like being first on/off the ship(after Wedding Parties). Was single parent and would take my 2 & 5yr old with me in CL for quick bite before going ashore on port days. Every time went in was asked if was lost, told wasn't allowed in there and was even asked my status multiple times, mostly from other passengers...

Make it easier on following cruises would just wear my Diamond Pin on my Back Pack and would Flash it to cruise employees whenever asked again...

Edited by ONECRUISER

When made Diamond 20yrs ago there were no Diamond Lounges and we were allowed in the Concierge Lounge. Back then was a big cruise if had 6-10 Diamonds on same sailing's and had same benefits as someone staying in a Suite like being first on/off the ship(after Wedding Parties). Was single parent and would take my 2 & 5yr old with me in CL for quick bite before going ashore on port days. Every time went in was asked if was lost, told wasn't allowed in there and was even asked my status multiple times, mostly from other passengers...

Make it easier on following cruises would just wear my Diamond Pin on my Back Pack and would Flash it to cruise employees whenever asked again...

That's strange they would ask. :confused::o The CL is a lounge for full suites also. Many new and first time cruisers in there. My very first cruise on RCI gave me access to the CL. No questions asked.

I typically get the drink package as well. I think as a loyalty program adding free or a discounted on ship things would be nice. Example free or discounted Room Service(still a major thorn in my ---) that they now charge for this. discounted excursions. I am also starting to feel like the status I have achieved doesn't amount to a whole lot. IJS

I typically get the drink package as well. I think as a loyalty program adding free or a discounted on ship things would be nice. Example free or discounted Room Service(still a major thorn in my ---) that they now charge for this. discounted excursions. I am also starting to feel like the status I have achieved doesn't amount to a whole lot. IJS
My 40% discount on beverages pkg is still about the same as a good sale price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Guess I am just not that picky. We can bring on two bottles of wine to the cabin, get the free three bottles sent to us (gift preference) drinks in the CL/DL/SL, and drink vouchers are pretty much all we need.

Sales prices online are based on onboard pricing. Haven’t seen something as good as 40% off. Net 25% off is about the best I have seen in a couple of years.

Guess I am just not that picky. We can bring on two bottles of wine to the cabin, get the free three bottles sent to us (gift preference) drinks in the CL/DL/SL, and drink vouchers are pretty much all we need.
Beer by pool.

Sales prices online are based on onboard pricing. Haven’t seen something as good as 40% off. Net 25% off is about the best I have seen in a couple of years.

According to Cruise Planner, my price, with my tier discount is $45 per day on upcoming Serenade.

That is not a value for me. I will inquire onboard. But not holding my breath.

My wife and I like one or two of the Celebrity benefits that we earned by being Elite in their Captain's Club.

Dry cleaning of one garment each

Pressing of 1 garment each

One bag of wash and fold each

Also 90 minutes each of internet.

We tend to do longer cruises of 12 days or so and these are a help to us as far as packing goes and laundry.

Only checking in back home once in a while or getting our flight boarding passes was always satisfied with 3 total hours on line'

The free internet on Celebrity can be used by the minute not in 24 hour segments like on Royal.

That's all from us.

bosco

My wife and I like one or two of the Celebrity benefits that we earned by being Elite in their Captain's Club.

Dry cleaning of one garment each

Pressing of 1 garment each

One bag of wash and fold each

Also 90 minutes each of internet.

We tend to do longer cruises of 12 days or so and these are a help to us as far as packing goes and laundry.

Only checking in back home once in a while or getting our flight boarding passes was always satisfied with 3 total hours on line'

The free internet on Celebrity can be used by the minute not in 24 hour segments like on Royal.

That's all from us.

bosco

For D+ Royal gives you Wash N Fold one bag per person not per stateroom. The internet is two 24 hour periods per person. You can stretch that quite a bit. What we would do is use my wife's the second morning of the cruise. Then use her second day. The next day (day 4) I would use my discount. Which would come to a total of $7.99 for the rest of the cruise.

Pinnacles get free pressing for formal nights. And no charge at all for the WiFi.

According to Cruise Planner, my price, with my tier discount is $45 per day on upcoming Serenade.

I find onboard it's usually $36 - $38 per day

If the onboard price is $63 (which is on the high side) then it would be $37.80 per day

That’s the best I have seen online, $45 a day, in the last two years. We used to see $42 in 2016. Before that $35-38.

Online, best offer has been BOGO 50% off or $45 each.

You would hope you 40% off would be better than $45.