Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Similar article, specifically quoting the Thursday order, saying that legitimate snowbirds are covered:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-to-restrict-first-dose-of-covid-19-vaccinations-to-residents/2366831/

I read the Florida Surgeon Generals statement which did not seem to allow for snowbirds.  The only non-residents would be those who came into the state for the purpose of working in health care.  The newspapers have expanded on his statement, and I do not know what to believe.  

7 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

really!!

Ha Ha Ha!  No...not completely really!  I couldn't do the London Marathon if my life depended on it.  At no point!  I'm not fat but I can't run!  I am athletically challenged!  I can boogie with the best of them and that is the extent of my coordination!  😁

• Haha 2

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement yesterday regarding the vaccine.  I think is will probably for a snowbird property owner to get the vaccine, but if you do not have any proof in the way of a utility bill or deed, it might be harder.  I just hope an EMR certificate will work for Bob.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mysty said:

Ha Ha Ha!  No...not completely really!  I couldn't do the London Marathon if my life depended on it.  At no point!  I'm not fat but I can't run!  I am athletically challenged!  I can boogie with the best of them and that is the extent of my coordination!  😁

I hope when  the world returns to  "normal"  I  get to  sail with you  mysty  - you are my sorta people !

Stumblefoot will confirm  that  !  💃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rojaan19 said:

I hope when  the world returns to  "normal"  I  get to  sail with you  mysty  - you are my sorta people !

Having had the pleasure of meeting both the Mystys and the Rojaans, I couldn’t agree more!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

2 hours ago, 57 varieties said:

Having had the pleasure of meeting both the Mystys and the Rojaans, I couldn’t agree more!

Thank you rojaan19!  I hope we get the chance to sail together as well!  🥰  There are some really awesome people in the Cooler and it would a real treat to meet in person!  Here's hoping!

And thank you 57 for your vote of confidence in the Mystys!  We enjoyed sailing with you in 2016!  Hope we get the chance to sail with you again!  🥰

• Like 3

On the topic of gin....Myster and I picked up a new one for us.  

IMG_20210124_144819small.jpg.ca3cb744545439e6eca40fb75505147a.jpg

According to https://distiller.com/spirits/nikka-coffey-gin  ..........

"Nikka Coffey Gin uses a base of corn and malt distillate which were distilled in a Coffey Still as the name suggests. Japanese citrus such as yuzu, kabosu, amanatsu, and shikuwasa, along with sanshō pepper, and apples pair with traditional botanicals of juniper, angelica, coriander, and lemon peel in the production of this gin. Available in Japan beginning in late June 2017. 

MODERN GIN
ALSO HAS BEEN REFERRED TO AS "CONTEMPORARY", "NEW WESTERN", "NEW WAVE", AND "NEW AMERICAN". THIS STYLE IS NOT LEGALLY DEFINED. IN GENERAL, THIS CATEGORY OF GIN, WHILE IT DOES CONTAIN JUNIPER, PLACES LESS OF AN EMPHASIS ON THIS BOTANICAL. OTHER BOTANICALS NOT CLASSICALLY USED IN LONDON DRY GINS ARE OFTEN UTILIZED AND OFTEN HIGHLIGHT BOTANICALS GROWN IN THE REGION THE GIN IS PRODUCED. MOST PRODUCED AS EITHER LONDON DRY OR DISTILLED GINS."

8 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Sounds yummy! But the bottle is too full. Mine never look like that!

To be fair we just picked it up today!  😁  Although I may come across as a toper here in the Cooler I do try to stay upright most of the time.  And more than one of this gin in a martini would really challenge those efforts!  Do stay tuned however!  🤣

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, mysty said:

To be fair we just picked it up today!  😁  Although I may come across as a toper here in the Cooler I do try to stay upright most of the time.  And more than one of this gin in a martini would really challenge those efforts!  Do stay tuned however!  🤣

Put on a few more pounds and you could handle two!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mysty said:

Mysty you sound my type of person!!! ( Have had several conversations with you in the past !!! Love dancing, singing & drinking not necessarily in that order 😉I think I said a while back that my husband has family in Saskatchewan ( he's fathers sister married a Canadian air force man she met in UK during the ww2) and went back with him ..had a big family & have a  farming business!!! Today England woke up to a blizzard!!!UK Stand still 1/2 inch of snow lol!!! X husband & I along with our very dearest friends have cancelled our cruise in Oct 2021 silver moon  Venice to Athens😞 it's not in in our opinion going to be the cruise experience we are used to... So  will wait untill things are a little bit more stable here in UK/ Europe I think we're still a long way off... Looking forward to hearing from NHS to get my vaccine ( I'm extremely valuable person.myeloma) love so much hearing from you all in he cooler although I'm somewhat lost in a lot of your intellectual postings!!!

• Like 1

The gin in question has a distinctly "Asian" bent to it.  Almost sake leaning.  I think it would be delicious with sushi.  If that is not heresy to some ears! 😁  

To the dear lads suggesting that I gain weight to strengthen my endurance to the spirits....not going to fly!  🤣  I do appreciate your caring thoughts though!

And Lv there really is not that much intellectual stuff happening here!  It may sometimes appear that way but most folks here are interested in food, spirits,  travel and funnies! 😁

• Like 1