Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

25 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I may not brie sure, deer Mysty, but you should not duck the responsibility which comes with having achieved crossword greatness. I'm just not sure what the sixth clue is but I have all of the rest. I can't think of silly malapropisms using the three longer answers.

I fennel sorry for you JP!  😄  However, your missive is witty and spot on!  Good Job! 🥰

• Haha 1

Cloud on the horizon

After my blog from the Cloud sailing from Muscat to Athens, the Cloud sailed on into a rather turbulent cruise.  After two scheduled stops in Greece and one in Albania, Sousse in Tunisia was cancelled because of bad weather and replaced by Trapani in Sicily.  The two Algerian ports were successfully visited but Motril/Granada, perhaps a highlight for some, was cancelled because of a threatened strike at Lisbon port.  The Cloud will now arrive in Lisbon tonight, two days earlier than scheduled.  Bet there are some grumpy people on board.  

Edited by Fletcher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

If it was a British line, like Fred Olsen, there would be a Committee already looking for what they call 'compo'.  All saying things like 'Sousse was the only reason I came on this cruise'.

If you wanted to see El Djem then, yes, Sousse would be the only reason.  That might even be me.

Yes, but you might mean it.  Fred passengers just want money back - we went on one years ago where there was practically a riot about one uninteresting port being missed.  Funny really, though a bit annoying.  I guess the instigators were union bosses.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Yes, but you might mean it.  Fred passengers just want money back - we went on one years ago where there was practically a riot about one uninteresting port being missed.  Funny really, though a bit annoying.  I guess the instigators were union bosses.

Your post made me think of Fred Kite, the Peter Sellers shop steward character in I'm All Right Jack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Cloud on the horizon

The Cloud will now arrive in Lisbon tonight, two days earlier than scheduled.  Bet there are some grumpy people on board.  

WOW!!  If I had been on board, I would be rather unhappy.  That's a tangled, difficult situation to explain and compensate.  Appreciate the updating by the always-knowing and smart Fletcher. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

In spite of what I said above, obviously I agree that it is a shame the cruise has been spoilt.  Trapani is pleasant to visit, but not Sousse, and missing the possibility of Granada, which would be a highlight for many, a real downer.

5 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Haha. My Audi does this automatically! 

It's a crazy world in the car business. Your Audi is made in Germany and you ship it to NY. My new German  car is on the production line in Spartanburg SC then has to be shipped across the atlantic. Just seems odd. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Haha. My Audi does this automatically! 

I'm still getting used to the change, I've gone from a 1987 Bentley as my daily driver with a cassette player and column shift into a Jag with keyless entry, magic lights and wipers and one of them newfangled bluetooth systems. It's been quite a shock to the system. It does also turn down the stereo for you when you're about to hit something. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I'm still getting used to the change, I've gone from a 1987 Bentley as my daily driver with a cassette player and column shift into a Jag with keyless entry, magic lights and wipers and one of them newfangled bluetooth systems. It's been quite a shock to the system. It does also turn down the stereo for you when you're about to hit something. 

Kiss FM?

12 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

It's a crazy world in the car business. Your Audi is made in Germany and you ship it to NY. My new German  car is on the production line in Spartanburg SC then has to be shipped across the atlantic. Just seems odd. 

X5M?