Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

That's a facinater 

It's what some women wear to a wedding 😀

In two weeks I am going to another concert and I will get more photos so we can have a better idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The dress police often have difficulty in deciding what is a 'hat' and what merely a 'fascinator'  at the grandest horse racing events. (Presumably so called because it is supposed to fascinate).  They can be very attractive and often pleasanter to wear than a constricting hat.

• Like 3

Re the above post, see #26:

1.    If a bottle of poison reaches its expiration date, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?

2.    Which letter is silent in the word “Scent,” the S or the C?

3.    Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

4.    Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.

5.    The word “swims” upside-down is still “swims”.

6.    Over 100 years ago, everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.

7.    If people evolved from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?

8.    Why is there a ‘D’ in fridge, but not in refrigerator?

9.    As I’ve grown older, I’ve learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

10. I’m responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

11. Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it the most never use it.

12. My tolerance for idiots is extremely low these days. I used to have some immunity built up, but obviously, there’s a new strain out there.

13. It’s not my age that bothers me - it’s the side effects.

14. I’m not saying I’m old and worn out, but I make sure I’m nowhere near the curb on trash day.

15. As I watch this generation try and rewrite our history, I’m sure of one thing: it will be misspelled and have no punctuation.

16. As I’ve gotten older, people think I’ve become lazy. The truth is I’m just being more energy-efficient.

17. I haven’t gotten anything done today. I’ve been in the Produce Department trying to open this stupid plastic bag.

18. If you find yourself feeling useless, remember: it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, thousands of lives and four presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban. 

19. Turns out that being a “senior” is mostly just googling how to do stuff.

20. I want to be 18 again and ruin my life differently. I have new ideas

21. I’m on two simultaneous diets. I wasn’t getting enough food on one.

22. I put my scale in the bathroom corner and that’s where the little liar will stay until it apologizes.

23. My mind is like an internet browser. At least 18 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

24. Hard to believe I once had a phone attached to a wall, and when it rang, I picked it up without knowing who was calling.

25. My wife says I keep pushing her buttons. If that were true, I would have found mute by now.

26. There is no such thing as a grouchy old person. The truth is that once you get old, you stop being polite and start being honest.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!  Today's funny.....

97525827_2965726953523478_8694617565072195584_n.png.44798e2587c27b223bc364cf85e79246.png

Have a great safe fun day all!

Appreciate the many great funnies, comments and follow-ups at the Cooler. I love the doctor giving the wise advice of "Get a hot mamma and be cheerful"!!!

Per the below visuals, does it look like we were the UK last weekend?  Know where we were really visiting over the Memorial Day holiday period?  More in the next post.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Late Summer 2022, many scenic visuals and details from Canada Maritimes doing Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton Island, etc., via a Tauck land tour.  Visual Summary:

www.flickr.com/photos/196555480@N08/albums

Does this look like we are visiting in the UK and ready to enter an English tavern?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.285030990844aefdf2571e9bfc0ad16c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.df599b8eebbe11a245b6675b90babc20.jpeg

Or, in Scotland?:

image.thumb.jpeg.48cba37aa97695eb87f5582b1941775e.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here is the "Rest of the Story".  Down in the Williamsburg, Virginia, area last weekend for a soccer tournament involving one of our two grandsons.  Did we have fun?  See below for evidence and picture proof.

The UK flags, etc., were from visiting Busch Gardens near the historic Williamsburg area.  This entertainment location has a variety of different Europe countries such as Italy, Germany, the UK, etc.  Plus, many wild rides!!!  I only did one rock 'em, sock 'em, roller-coasting experience.  That was the Loch Nest Monster with two up-side-down twists, plus going round-and-round in a dark tunnel.  Fun, but a little "intense' for a "seasoned-citizen" like me.

Any others having visited historic Williamsburg and/or Busch Gardens?  Bring back memories?  

Our oldest grandson is age 12, but is not taller than my wife and son.  He is nearly as tall as me.  He's about 6' tall and has his 13th birthday in early October.  Amazing how quickly grandchildren grow up, UP!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 247,072 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

At the historic Williamsburg location in Virginia, they have lots there to bring back the "good-old-days" when the "Colonies" were still part of the Mother Country.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.3ffa7c38c9183465e0273cdcc0c57572.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d074b5627b63ad62e1dc98d3e15d0ac8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aa65c38e8c7f6192835e2f2d52288ea4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7675dc0b04d875e4fe0c1443587f1b78.jpeg

Nice flowers in one of the gardens at Williamsburg.:

image.thumb.jpeg.2d40ba967d4fd8574f66976591a31df9.jpeg

Here's an example for one of the wild rides I avoided, but were highly enjoyed by our son and two grandsons.  Look like they loved it??:

image.thumb.jpeg.08f666c9b3590cea3a3de911eb906e56.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7405b52f55c51a7c9a1417cfb10c4858.jpeg

Here are a couple of examples for one of our grandsons in action during the soccer game.:

image.thumb.jpeg.cce1c839888963df5c556655369d5a5f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a02954b661d68687c9f971fb4f39b7db.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi Terry, I have been to Williamsburg before but it has been nearly 30 years. I do remember how everyone in original dress acted and lived really like it was in the 1700's LOL.......they were into it very seriously. If you told someone you had flown there (for example) they acted like you were from another planet LOL.....they had never heard of flying in a plane. It was quite interesting that is for sure.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mysty said:

Kindly provide the directions to loo loo land!  I'm thinking I need a change of venue! 😅

Simple take a 4 to 5 hour flight to Vancouver then wait in Vancouver for 2 hours ( or 13 if you don't like short connections) and then a 15 hour flight to Brisbane. I know I would be in loo Loo land maybe even in La La land by the end of that epic.🙃

Edited by drron29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2