Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

As one of those responsible for some of the more fetid rubbish littering the otherwise broad, clean and welcoming CC SS Boardwalk, I'll comply with Lola's request.  Way back in the day, I spent a summer as a commercial fisherman off Oregon coast.  Occasionally we would catch Ling Cod, which can get quite large, and with faces only a mother could love.  I penned the following, establishing my permanent place in the firmament of literary achievement:  

Two ling cod were all in a huddle,

At the bottom of the Pacific puddle.

Said the one to the other,

"You're a great ling cod lover -

But your face is a constant rebuttal!" 

I can show myself out, thank you.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

As one of those responsible for some of the more fetid rubbish littering the otherwise broad, clean and welcoming CC SS Boardwalk, I'll comply with Lola's request.  Way back in the day, I spent a summer as a commercial fisherman off Oregon coast.  Occasionally we would catch Ling Cod, which can get quite large, and with faces only a mother could love.  I penned the following, establishing my permanent place in the firmament of literary achievement:  

Two ling cod were all in a huddle,

At the bottom of the Pacific puddle.

Said the one to the other,

"You're a great ling cod lover -

But your face is a constant rebuttal!" 

Oh please don't leave WWFT!  😄  Satisfying a Cooler Denizen request actually earns you a star on the Cooler Walk of Fame! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today is a holiday (Corpus Christi) and I am back to Belo Horizonte (where I was born) to visit Mon which is now a child. The tradition are the carpets linking several churches. I visited only one this time.

20230608_143732-editada.thumb.jpg.0b7a459c32de863789239b77856cc8b3.jpg 

The church of Sao Jose.

20230608_143623-editada.thumb.jpg.17589944fc461bcad74665bdad18f5ab.jpg

20230608_145420.thumb.jpg.10b1ff3ba58ea11d02f68f980a6a02ae.jpg

Details of the first building in the city (before that, properties were up to 2 or 3 floors).

20230608_150205-editada.thumb.jpg.0e70cd98528e921c279969d3d0fbec95.jpg

And some flowers

20230608_150039-editada.thumb.jpg.7c02b7f2482dc33b38b0804b910bf11c.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Not if I get to the door first 🙂 I'll hold it shut.

Lately I've been upset a couple times myself.  Not sure what's going on, but I know most folks here are people of good will.  Not snobs.

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Oh please don't leave WWFT!  

Yea, that was what I was trying to say

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Is a double post of a double post ... a triple post ... or a quadruple post?  Enquiring math minds want to know!  🤣

Can I just chip my twopenneth worth in? Whilst the double, double post of double posts was a little unnerving, it doesn’t rattle my jankers half as much as the missing s at the end of math. I Understand completely that it’s a cultural thing but hearing that word without the s results in a similar facial expression from me as vigorously rubbing a cheese grater across my nipples.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Not if I get to the door first 🙂 I'll hold it shut.

Lately I've been upset a couple times myself.  Not sure what's going on, but I know most folks here are people of good will.  Not snobs.

Yea, that was what I was trying to say

Never leave us QSS. Xxx

• Like 3

It's odd, Davey, but 'math' is the word which most grates on me too.

To be more charitable, the pall of smoke over North America is just horrible, and must be dreadful for anyone with asthma or other lung problems.  It i almost unbelievable how far it has spread.

Lola

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It's odd, Davey, but 'math' is the word which most grates on me too.

To be more charitable, the pall of smoke over North America is just horrible, and must be dreadful for anyone with asthma or other lung problems.  It i almost unbelievable how far it has spread.

Lola

It sends shudders down my spine Lola, as does bad air. We are so lucky here in Wales. If I close my eyes though I can still smell that beautiful Alaskan air we were so privileged  to breathe. My heart goes out to all those that are suffering right now.

• Like 2

Yes, there is nothing like the smell of really good air - my son lives in the far end of the Lake District, and every time I go there I can genuinely 'smell' the difference, even though I live in a rural and comparatively unpolluted area.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Yes, there is nothing like the smell of really good air - my son lives in the far end of the Lake District, and every time I go there I can genuinely 'smell' the difference, even though I live in a rural and comparatively unpolluted area.

When John Lindsay was Mayor of New York we had bad air pollution all the time.  When he was in a more pristine natural area he famously quipped that it made him nervous to have to breathe air he couldn't see...

I'm staying inside until Sunday.  It's supposed to be some better by then, but I would brave it to go to Mass in any case.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Is a double post of a double post ... a triple post ... or a quadruple post?  Enquiring math minds want to know!  🤣

It was actually  a double post of a previous post,  but I hit post instead of cancel,  my only excuse it was 7am  not 10pm when I could blame 🥂🥂🥂🤦‍♀️😁😁🤭

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

After 54 days on the Moon,  I am used to having lovely men  bring me wine at any time of the day  I like - so  this getting home and it is  DIY  is pretty damn  poor  !  Roll on October and the Muse  😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Where can I get one?

Viz online.

10 minutes ago, mysty said:

I may have a better idea DW.  However,  there would be a little problem with hiding the body.   I wouldn't be strong enough to bury it.  🤪

JCB's don't take much strength to operate M. 

• Haha 1