Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

15 hours ago, drron29 said:

The discussion on dress codes always amuses me. This week I went to a well known UK outdoor event.

IMG_3852.thumb.JPG.84cea5b36cfb792f0ddd59bcbb8336f2.JPG

Events such as this in Australia are known to be very casual in a dress sense. So I didn't quite expect the things I saw. Lets just say the average show attendee was better dressed than a La Terraza diner on an informal night. Many gentlemen wore jackets. Most women were in long dresses.

There were more women wearing stilettos than Tevas. Sandals were quite rare. Though as it is in La Terraza the white tennis shoe was the most popular footwear.

As for the men many wore ties,even a few bow ties. But the prize went to the fellow in a dark suit,tie,bowler hat and red spats. I actually saw 3 men with spats and only 2 in shorts.

IMG_3875.thumb.JPG.5740c0d291e3c3194dc218a7d6d5cc8e.JPG

IMG_3876.thumb.JPG.3c11098610eb6771bfb689660db34640.JPG

IMG_3877.thumb.JPG.5bae4e8a4ce4f22ba418ebd599d72304.JPGIMG_3878.thumb.JPG.a3c547cfc85bc54be125d707509dc963.JPG

But I wasn't allowed to get this shirt.

IMG_3884.thumb.JPG.7bcc82c8c179ed0fc64e99223000fc56.JPG

Passed a tailor on the way backn to the apartment and thought this would look god on the Muse.

IMG_3913.thumb.JPG.1400f2ea2f8b5f0d56f61e2458cb6338.JPG

Rojaan said don't be stupid hat's a morning jacket. I said but the Aussies and Americans wouldn't know that.

I guess the vests aren't going to be allowed.

IMG_3914.thumb.JPG.7cfdd0d35b0721a2d4867af665f02027.JPG

IMG_3915.thumb.JPG.1bf47ea00b9cee56ec57d020975d544b.JPG

Isn’t that a waistcoat? Pronounced Weskit?

Whatever its called, its quite splendid!

Love the wide lapels on the morning jacket. 

• Like 3

Completely off topic  but I'm sat on my longue( hubby in bed) and watching on British TV channel called that's the 60's ... Mostly British acts but heard a band called the young rascals... fabulous..never  of them ...I grow up with sisters & brothers who were teenagers in the 60's and I guess I love that period as that's what I heard growing up..I'm 67 ..going to Wembley stadium to see motley crue  & British band deff leppard ..I do luv the sophistication of silversea but still a rocker at heart 😉

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

a band called the young rascals

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

.I do luv the sophistication of silversea but still a rocker at heart

Love this @Lvshack

Thinking back on the Rascals:  songs like Just a Little, Groovin, Lonely too Long, introduced me to soul music with their versions of songs like Mustang Sally.

Have a blast at Wembley!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Love this @Lvshack

Thinking back on the Rascals:  songs like Just a Little, Groovin, Lonely too Long, introduced me to soul music with their versions of songs like Mustang Sally.

Have a blast at Wembley!

Absolutely amazing...untill this evening..( it's now passed midnight here UK ) I've not heard of them so after seeing them I have looked up several songs & yes I agree with your list . although I didn't know that they had a version of Mustang Sally which I have just listened to..& very good... Keep rocking

. I'm on the silver moon Oct 2023 ... So watch out all you out there who will think being with me on a cruise would be your worst nightmare 😂... Any one in UK watching Chelsea flower show the myeloma garden WON gold & peoples choice show garden.. myeloma UK A LIFE WORTH LIVING .. THATS ME .. HAPPY CRUISING 🛳️🥂😘

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

The worst part of cruising =  flying home !!

20230527_062005.thumb.jpg.98b06e25afea6e0f381209a35a1529da.jpg

You look beautiful!  Obviously not thrilled with the direction of your flight though.  Onward and upward to infinity and beyond!  And seriously consider a World Cruise!  😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Safe travels rojaan and drron. Until the next one!

Well we nearly made it home with out a problem but stumbled at the last hurdle.

Our limo driver of 30 years retired while we were away. He had passed it on to the company he was working for.

He had confirmed that the company had the booking and some one would be there to meet us. They weren’t. Rang them and got a message saying this service is unavailable please email us.  

So rang our old driver who rang the owner and they had the date wrong. Arranged for someone from Brisbane to take us home.

Now looking for a new limo company.

But the good news is that we board the Muse in 19 weeks. Only a short cruise of 44 days.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

Our limo driver of 30 years retired while we were away. He had passed it on to the company he was working for.

He had confirmed that the company had the booking and some one would be there to meet us. They weren’t. Rang them and got a message saying this service is unavailable please email us.  

So rang our old driver who rang the owner and they had the date wrong. Arranged for someone from Brisbane to take us home.

But the good news is that we board the Muse in 19 weeks. Only a short cruise of 44 days.

Now we have something to look forward to....Musing on (fill in the blank).  😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drron29 said:

At least your trip home next time should be a lot easier!

It was great to meet you both on the Moon, maybe we’ll share a ship and trivia again sometime. 

• Like 4

Last night we dined at Black Tartan Kitchen to celebrate Myster's 73rd B-Day.   As usual the meal was amazing.  I will post the pics in the order of the course served along with the crossword answer.

1st Course - BRIE

1brie.jpg.84d89eeb5e7962933fa260c0bd5c508e.jpg

2nd Course - ASPARAGUS

2asparagus.jpg.e5e922303ca5fd80d6e493f18b640a1a.jpg

3rd Course - VICHYSSOISE

3vichyssoise.jpg.0b986faa353d72e8ea5455fcb78ea071.jpg

4th Course - DUCK

4duck.jpg.a59a81598cb7196b83630302d8bee30b.jpg

5th Course - DEER

5deer.jpg.a78716f1fd66dfa9b78d2557b2be84e8.jpg

6th Course - FENNEL (representing a child's dropped cone)

6fennel.jpg.640deee3bd4d7c7a6f978f0d1e6ed146.jpg

7th Course - RHUBARB

rhubarb.jpg.1339771b0912fd5f01cf423d3e5b4d4c.jpg

And the final crossword answer is....Congratulations, you have ACHIEVED crossword greatness.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Which one is you?

And I think I am the middle one - she appears to be eating rather than smoking, and is a touch on the chubby side.  Mysty, that meal looks divine, as usual.

Lola

• Like 1