Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

It is always good to know someone else in the UK is awake very early - or maybe very late?  Sadly in my case, it is just early.  The days of all night parties are long over.

Why the need to start again, Davey?  Unless  you feel a clean slate might make for less rubbish on here.  The rubbish is the bit I enjoy most.

Lola

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It is always good to know someone else in the UK is awake very early - or maybe very late?  Sadly in my case, it is just early.  The days of all night parties are long over.

Why the need to start again, Davey?  Unless  you feel a clean slate might make for less rubbish on here.  The rubbish is the bit I enjoy most.

Lola

Late for me, early for you my lovely. The cooler, Lola, is a little like a Phoenix. Every so often it needs to spontaneously combust and re-emerge with beautiful new plumes. I Can’t recall without research how often this beautiful bird would reincarnate in the past but I’m sure it was never this long. 

• Like 1

There used to be a 5000 post limit before the database couldn't handle it, but that limit seemed to go away with one of the updates.

After 8AM here in Finland and the sun has been up for 4 hours. Time to rise and shine!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Lola

Yes,it wouldn't be the same without your rubbish anyway.😁

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

There used to be a 5000 post limit before the database couldn't handle it, but that limit seemed to go away with one of the updates.

After 8AM here in Finland and the sun has been up for 4 hours. Time to rise and shine!

Get in that gym JP

Just now, zqtchas said:

we are code red today for air quality in the Wash DC area due to the wild fires in Canada.

It's been smoky here since Monday.  We can even smell the smoke in the apartment due to the AC running.  Opening windows is not a good plan.  Surgeries were cancelled at our local hospital because the ORs work on 100 per cent fresh air coming into them.  With the smoke and fine particles that is not possible.

14 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

"Did you order a code red!" 

11 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

??

A Few Good Men......

LTJG Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Col Jessup: I did the job --

LTJG Kaffee: -- Did you order the Code Red?!

• Thanks 1

I had forgotten to post about one crew member on our 54 day Moon cruise. He will remain nameless for I hope obvious reasons. He noted that nearly all his flights to and from his contracts were on Emirates so he signed up for the frequent flyer program. Although those fares are obviously not great he has been able to upgrade himself on several occasions to Business class. He has had nearly 30 contracts.

I thought that showed great initiative and Put forward his name for promotion as well as having a private word with the Hotel Director. He was also very good at his job.

• Like 4

May I keep up my reputation for spouting rubbish?  I have, going through my empty head, a limerick which always makes me laugh- I think because I visualise everything.

There was a young man from Nepal

Who went to a fancy dress ball

He said 'I will risk it, and go as a biscuit'

And the dog ate him up in the hall.

Is anyone else silly enough to want to share  a favourite clean limerick?  I have some others, but very politically incorrect.

Lola

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Is anyone else silly enough to want to share  a favourite clean limerick?  I have some others, but very politically incorrect.    Lola

Those "Politically Incorrect" items are often among the best.  Humor is not always designed to make everyone feel comfortable and "safe", whatever those terms/objectives mean.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lincslady said:

May I keep up my reputation for spouting rubbish?  I have, going through my empty head, a limerick which always makes me laugh- I think because I visualise everything.

Is anyone else silly enough to want to share  a favourite clean limerick?  I have some others, but very politically incorrect.

Lola

I've got loads but  none of them that I can post here

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Lola

Unfortunately I don’t know any clean ones Lola. 🫣

• Haha 2