Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

3 minutes ago, mugggs said:

🙃 very reassuring 😎

On a more serious question Does anyone have any current accurate information regarding embarking in Buenos Aires. I am receiving mixed information about Argentina’s latest requirements for Covid testing before boarding. A Viking chat states Argentina has recently relaxed protocols and an Azamara chat states the same via their travel agent and that Azamara official site is yet to update the website. Who does one believe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Well, once in Miami, I can tell you that diet Schweppes is readily available in the US.

We came over on the transatlantic, and we’re getting back on Onward for Christmas. We have been supplying our own gin and tonic from supermarkets in various parts of Florida for the past couple of weeks, and I have only found Schweppes Sugar Free in bigger bottles. The only little bottles I’ve seen have been Canada Dry Sugar Free. (Mostly from Publix. Maybe I need to try another supermarket?) We like the little bottles better because the big ones go flat so quickly, and that happens on the ships too. Nothing worse than a G&T with flat tonic! Fortunately we don’t mind Canada Dry tonic. Schweppes is my favourite, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

We came over on the transatlantic, and we’re getting back on Onward for Christmas. We have been supplying our own gin and tonic from supermarkets in various parts of Florida for the past couple of weeks, and I have only found Schweppes Sugar Free in bigger bottles. The only little bottles I’ve seen have been Canada Dry Sugar Free. (Mostly from Publix. Maybe I need to try another supermarket?) We like the little bottles better because the big ones go flat so quickly, and that happens on the ships too. Nothing worse than a G&T with flat tonic! Fortunately we don’t mind Canada Dry tonic. Schweppes is my favourite, though.

I think the diet Schweppes comes in cans too

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mugggs said:

😉 all these comments are making me very apprehensive about about my upcoming voyage to Antarctica in early January. Will there be any beverages to enjoy. 😎

I'm on the cruise after you. Don't drink all the best vino!

I'd also be interested to hear from others about your other question, on testing....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I think the diet Schweppes comes in cans too

I’ll keep an eye out for it. Time to try WinnDixie, I guess. Trader Joe’s had Whispering Angel for $19, cheapest I’ve been able to buy it in a long time.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 3

On 12/13/2022 at 6:31 AM, mugggs said:

On a more serious question Does anyone have any current accurate information regarding embarking in Buenos Aires. I am receiving mixed information about Argentina’s latest requirements for Covid testing before boarding. A Viking chat states Argentina has recently relaxed protocols and an Azamara chat states the same via their travel agent and that Azamara official site is yet to update the website. Who does one believe?

Hi.  Unfortunately I have the same question with mixed results.  Azamara customer relations suggested I contact Argentina Embassy (thanks).

2 hours ago, cruise_a_bit said:

Hi.  Unfortunately I have the same question with mixed results.  Azamara customer relations suggested I contact Argentina Embassy (thanks).

I understand that the Az website has been updated to state test no longer required 

• Like 1

Do you mean the discount and OBC you get for booking your next cruise onboard? If so you get that discount off the price of the cruise when you book it onboard and the OBC show up straight away. You can also get a discount on shore excursions for your next cruise if you book them while on an earlier cruise. 

24 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Do you mean the discount and OBC you get for booking your next cruise onboard? If so you get that discount off the price of the cruise when you book it onboard and the OBC show up straight away. You can also get a discount on shore excursions for your next cruise if you book them while on an earlier cruise. 

Yes the discount and OBC.  Oceania allows it 30 days before or after.

5 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

On Azamara it is literally whilst you are onboard. OBC. S300 if you book during the first half of your cruise & $200 otherwise.

Just to be clear (because I forget things so easily these days) is this OBC per person or per room?

On 12/13/2022 at 5:27 PM, kml246 said:

No escargot in Discoveries last night on Onward.

Escargot is finally available on Onward tonight. Iwan is arguably the most visible and available of all officers on board; he really takes care of all food related issues, which are quite a few. There was no cottage cheese available for a day or two; mentioned that to Iwan at lunch time; by dinner time, he got back to me with the news that the problem was solved.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, andrcan said:

Escargot is finally available on Onward tonight. Iwan is arguably the most visible and available of all officers on board; he really takes care of all food related issues, which are quite a few. There was no cottage cheese available for a day or two; mentioned that to Iwan at lunch time; by dinner time, he got back to me with the news that the problem was solved.

Need to speak with him tomorrow after tonight! 

• Like 2