Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

16 hours ago, lisiamc said:

The beds are pushed together to make a Queen size, or pushed apart to make two singles.  I know because I can see the division when I’m pushing suitcases underneath or pulling them out again. The pushed together size is 172 cm, or 5 ft 7in. The single size would be 86 cm, 2 ft 10 in.

The curtains are pretty good at keeping out the light, but occasionally there are gaps. If darkness is important, you could bring a few clothespins to hold the curtains together.

Thanks!

I will be aboard the July 15, 2023 Quest Greece Intensive. I am Gluten Free. We included this detail in my profile. I’m wondering if anyone has had an experience with the gluten-free options or has other advice about safely navigating daily GF meals? Thank you in advance.

I cruised on the Onward in January and there are plenty of Gluten Free options, especially in the buffet area.  Gluten Free items are clearly marked and the culinary staff will be glad to help you.  If you can find posted copies of past or current dining room menus on CC, you will see that GF items are identified every day.  No worries!

1 hour ago, BostonGlobetrotter said:

We are sailing on the Onward in 2 1/2 weeks.  Coming from the US, I was wondering if I need power adapters and if so, what kind?  Also, did past guests like their shampoo and conditioner or did you bring your own?  Thank you!

Onward has US, EU and UK sockets in the cabin together with USBs under the bedside lights

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BostonGlobetrotter said:

We are sailing on the Onward in 2 1/2 weeks.  Coming from the US, I was wondering if I need power adapters and if so, what kind?  Also, did past guests like their shampoo and conditioner or did you bring your own?  Thank you!

Shampoo was OK but I always bring my own conditioner. The hardness or softness of your water at home may be quite different from the ship's water.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fraj1 said:

Sailing on Quest shortly…..can anyone say what plug sockets are in Balcony cabins? We’re from the UK so just checking if need adaptors? 

US & European (2 round pin). It’s all on the spreadsheet.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fraj1 said:

Assume there aren’t kettles in balcony cabins and we need to rely on room service for early morning cuppa? Or can you take travel kettles? 

No kettles, but can get via room service or nipping up to Deck 9 to the 24 hour tea/coffee set up at the back of Windows buffet.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 8:55 AM, BostonGlobetrotter said:

I'm glad I brought my own conditioner.  My long hair became a tangled mess after I used Azamara's conditioner.

• Like 1

Where might I find a detailed description of a pre cruise land package, specifically Victoria Falls and Chobe?  The old website had a two or three page explanation with details of meals, hotels, activities, etc.  Can’t seem to find it now.  Thanks for any help offered. 

This fall will be our first cruise on Azamara. What is the dress code for dinner in the dining room. Are short allowed for men. We are used to Princess and Celebrity where long pants are required for dinner.

we usually dress nice but are trying to minimize our packing so just wanted to know options.

thanks

6 minutes ago, mrobinson said:

This fall will be our first cruise on Azamara. What is the dress code for dinner in the dining room. Are short allowed for men. We are used to Princess and Celebrity where long pants are required for dinner.

we usually dress nice but are trying to minimize our packing so just wanted to know options.

thanks

Shorts are ok in the Windows buffet, and for breakfast and lunch in Discoveries. For dinner in Discoveries, Prime C or Aqualina, men will need long trousers.  

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, sddac said:

I will be aboard the July 15, 2023 Quest Greece Intensive. I am Gluten Free. We included this detail in my profile. I’m wondering if anyone has had an experience with the gluten-free options or has other advice about safely navigating daily GF meals? Thank you in advance.

Hello!

We were on the Onward in April and I took some pix of the breakfast and dinner menus in the dining room, dinner patio menu and the breakfast area for gluten free passengers.  Hope that helps.😊

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TIXP8QQtVDCnJuy7if8Iv8Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818802

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1SS-TyiwK7PTyUoV0AIDJl-5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818708

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1S8e_Sq5ZvvaXrGr3vG1uxLldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818563

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1QALvlWXKdwaaU1uaYbXqFL5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818662

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1S0mt30myPIQ31j4yETxp6eV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818633

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mrobinson said:

thanks

If you wanted to dress casual/wear shorts, but still want a table service dinner rather than a buffet, Patio is a good choice. Simple but tasty grills, partly outside, but with heaters if needed, and while busy at lunchtime, tends to be pretty quiet in the evening. No extra charge either.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

If you wanted to dress casual/wear shorts, but still want a table service dinner rather than a buffet, Patio is a good choice. Simple but tasty grills, partly outside, but with heaters if needed, and while busy at lunchtime, tends to be pretty quiet in the evening. No extra charge either.

Thank you for the info

46 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

Yes! How could I forget to mention my favourite dinner venue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sleep7 said:

Hello!

We were on the Onward in April and I took some pix of the breakfast and dinner menus in the dining room, dinner patio menu and the breakfast area for gluten free passengers.  Hope that helps.😊

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TIXP8QQtVDCnJuy7if8Iv8Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818802

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1SS-TyiwK7PTyUoV0AIDJl-5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818708

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1S8e_Sq5ZvvaXrGr3vG1uxLldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818563

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1QALvlWXKdwaaU1uaYbXqFL5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818662

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1S0mt30myPIQ31j4yETxp6eV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818633

Thank you so much for all the pics & info about gluten free. It’s very helpful & eases my mind. 😊

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sddac said:

Thank you so much for all the pics & info about gluten free. It’s very helpful & eases my mind. 😊

Oh you're so welcome.  I found another menu or two on my blog.😃

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1QVoV_iu1Yq1I6OqmYrUxSRVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682819213

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TsbTSxBuNHvrErvfWqX2nKldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682819214

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RswCt14EaBYjrtwTl9dvyAaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1682818335

New to Azamara and i assume (!) that public spaces are smaller than the larger ocean liners...capacity for specialty dining, for example..20? 50? And the clubs and bars?...just curious.. Pursuit sailing in August..thanks