Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

On 3/24/2023 at 7:12 AM, JM0115 said:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but if you bring wine on board at embarkation, do you have to carry it on with you as you embark and get scanned or can it go in your luggage that is brought on board by the crew?

We have done both.  We now have a wine suitcase, specifically made to keep bottles safe from breakage so we check it rather than carrying it on.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LMD said:

Does anyone know if the bud light is in 12 oz cans or glass bottles?

It was bottled on Onward. You can drink it out of the bottle if that’s your style or have it poured

If I understand correctly, passengers in Continent Suites receive one "free" bag of laundry service per suite per seven days.  Discoverers receive one "free" bag of laundry service per stateroom per seven night voyage.  If I am Discoverer and traveling in a Continent Suite on a 23 night voyage, followed by a 12 night voyage, how many "free" bags of laundry service does my suite get? 

Sorry, I know this sounds like an elementary school math problem 🤣

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

If I understand correctly, passengers in Continent Suites receive one "free" bag of laundry service per suite per seven days.  Discoverers receive one "free" bag of laundry service per stateroom per seven night voyage.  If I am Discoverer and traveling in a Continent Suite on a 23 night voyage, followed by a 12 night voyage, how many "free" bags of laundry service does my suite get? 

Sorry, I know this sounds like an elementary school math problem 🤣

Just found this on the new website, goodness knows how ! 

Ive always thought it was  2 free bags per 7 days. If you in suite and Discoverer I think thats confirmed.

6 on the 23 nighter and possibly 2 on the 12 nighter?

A99A9ECE-3973-43A4-BC76-89D6497F4B8D.png

Edited by combine
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, combine said:

Just found this on the new website, goodness knows how ! 

Ive always thought it was  2 free bags per 7 days. If you in suite and Discoverer I think thats confirmed.

6 on the 23 nighter and possibly 2 on the 12 nighter?

A99A9ECE-3973-43A4-BC76-89D6497F4B8D.png

That’s my understanding as well.

Added this to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, harrodsfan said:

Read the tips..where can I find a current prime c and Aqualina menu? 

On Azamara’s website - click on the menu top left, click on Our Ships, then  on Wine & Dining, then on Speciality Restaurants 

https://www.azamara.com/gb/our-ships/onboard-dining#link-specialtydining

Last week we noticed the following about EU VAT Tax.

We had an onboard credit and which we used in the shops. The VAT is added (about 22%) and is added to your account. However, you are not able to use your onboard credit for this, so you're credit card will be charged for the VAT amount.

VAT was not added to Spa services, Speciality restaurants and drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Last week we noticed the following about EU VAT Tax.

We had an onboard credit and which we used in the shops. The VAT is added (about 22%) and is added to your account. However, you are not able to use your onboard credit for this, so you're credit card will be charged for the VAT amount.

VAT was not added to Spa services, Speciality restaurants and drinks.

Where were you sailing at the time that you made your purchase in the onboard shop?

18 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Where were you sailing at the time that you made your purchase in the onboard shop?

We were on the 01 April from Rome to Athens. (Italy and Greece only) Please note if you do visit a port outside the EU (for example Turkey, Norway, UK) you will not be charged VAT

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Rules are quite complicated and vary country to country, if your itinerary is all EU then the VAT charged throughout the cruise is that of the country of embarkation. Rates vary between 10% & 22% some apply it to goods in the shops only others include drinks and other services.

One exception to the non EU port rule is Spain, even if your itinerary includes a non EU port Spanish VAT will apply to shop purchases while the ship is in Spanish territorial waters.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

If I send out a bag of laundry, can I specify "cold wash, low dry" and will those directions be followed?  How long does it take for the laundry to be returned?

Your request will usually be honoured, but unfortunately not always.

If you have your bag in by 9am, it is usually returned the following afternoon.

I always request "cold wash, warm  NOT  HOT  dry please 🙂"

Including the smiley face as above.

For anything I don't want to go through a dryer, I use the machines on deck 7.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have sailed on Journey and Quest and will be on the Pursuit in September.  I am reading about a number of differences between the ships… WiFi improvements, shower curtains, better hair dryers, etc.   Where does Pursuit stack up in the improvements list?  

1 hour ago, SoBaycruiser said:

We have sailed on Journey and Quest and will be on the Pursuit in September.  I am reading about a number of differences between the ships… WiFi improvements, shower curtains, better hair dryers, etc.   Where does Pursuit stack up in the improvements list?  

Hmm, I haven’t sailed on Journey, but have recently sailed on Pursuit and liked the new fabric shower curtains. The WiFi on our transatlantic was good; the hairdryers were the same 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2023 at 4:20 AM, uktog said:

I also have done so with both visa and MasterCard though I usually use a credit card.  

The same here with me. I just dont get the reasoning for using a debit card. I have always used my CC and get that free month long advantage before paying it off when the statement is due.

• Like 3

Hi. I can't seem to search a particular forum easily so sorry if answered already.

Wanting a good night sleep, just wondering if the twin configuration is just the big bed split (I heard a generous width) , or they bring smaller beds in?

We had twins on Westerdam HAL and they were very narrow.

Also, are the curtains good at block out light?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Sallyandtex said:

Hi. I can't seem to search a particular forum easily so sorry if answered already.

Wanting a good night sleep, just wondering if the twin configuration is just the big bed split (I heard a generous width) , or they bring smaller beds in?

Thanks

I’m pretty sure it’s all the same beds. Can’t say for certain because we always have a double, which is very large.

The curtains are very thick and do block the light out very well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sallyandtex said:

Thanks

The beds are pushed together to make a Queen size, or pushed apart to make two singles.  I know because I can see the division when I’m pushing suitcases underneath or pulling them out again. The pushed together size is 172 cm, or 5 ft 7in. The single size would be 86 cm, 2 ft 10 in.

The curtains are pretty good at keeping out the light, but occasionally there are gaps. If darkness is important, you could bring a few clothespins to hold the curtains together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

The beds are pushed together to make a Queen size, or pushed apart to make two singles.  I know because I can see the division when I’m pushing suitcases underneath or pulling them out again. The pushed together size is 172 cm, or 5 ft 7in. The single size would be 86 cm, 2 ft 10 in.

The curtains are pretty good at keeping out the light, but occasionally there are gaps. If darkness is important, you could bring a few clothespins to hold the curtains together.

I’ve added both measurements to the ‘Tips’ spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2