Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

Bear in mind the Spa pool is not available to Club Continental suite guests on every Azamara ship. You need to check up the rules on the individual ships. (It used to be available on all when there were just three ships) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Glad you enjoyed the cruise(s).  So a warning:  do not, under any circumstances, ever book or accept an upgrade to a CW suite – you will never sail in anything else again, and your budget will never forgive you!!! [The voice of experience...]

We had an offer to bid for a CW suite on an upcoming cruise.  We declined.  Aside from the cost, we were concerned that, being right below the pool deck, there would be noise.  What has been your experience?

1 hour ago, RummyB said:

We had an offer to bid for a CW suite on an upcoming cruise.  We declined.  Aside from the cost, we were concerned that, being right below the pool deck, there would be noise.  What has been your experience?

It was not an issue for us. 

6 hours ago, uktog said:

Bear in mind the Spa pool is not available to Club Continental suite guests on every Azamara ship. You need to check up the rules on the individual ships. (It used to be available on all when there were just three ships) 

Who do you check with regarding access to the Spa Pool?

3 hours ago, RummyB said:

We've only been on decks 6 and 7.  The CWs are not near the pool deck per se – they are under the Sunset Bar.  We're night owls, so late night noise is less of an issue than early morning lounge moving.  So if a deck 8 CW was all that was left, I would give it a try.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, uktog said:

Having different rules for different ships doesn't seem like such a great idea? Do you know why this decision was made? Thanks!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Having different rules for different ships doesn't seem like such a great idea? Do you know why this decision was made? Thanks!!

We just spent 18 days on Onward in a CC suite. (We disembarked yesterday.) We had a spa pass for both legs on B2B. I think this is a recent change as we did not receive them on the Onward in Nov., same cabin. I don’t know if this is a permanent change or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KY Deb said:
  • Complimentary access to the Thalassotherapy pool and spa deck

I copied this from the list of CC suite amenities on the new website. 

While work on the website I’m not sure I would trust the accuracy of the pop up pages they look like they have been copied from the old website. I noticed that the word “Club” has been removed from the suites description on the main page however not on the pop-up.

• Like 2

Prior to the new website being up, the line about the spa and the Thalassotherapy pool were not included in  list of suite amenities.   Kent4489 reported access on the Onward cruise that ended yesterday, so hoping this will be an addition for the CC suites. 🤞

• Like 1

Sallyandtex started a topic asking whether Guest Relations will punch a hole in your key card and uktog replied that they will. Added to the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2023 at 6:05 PM, Gardendog said:

Yes, as the others have said, you may bring spirits on board. Azamara includes spirits in the cruise fare, and also wine, so if you are not particular in the brand you prefer, they will have whiskey for you, included in the fare, at every bar.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but if you bring wine on board at embarkation, do you have to carry it on with you as you embark and get scanned or can it go in your luggage that is brought on board by the crew?

39 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but if you bring wine on board at embarkation, do you have to carry it on with you as you embark and get scanned or can it go in your luggage that is brought on board by the crew?

There is no prescribed requirements on how you carry it onboard.  We tend to carry any red wine we are bringing onboard as I have a preference not to have "dappled red outfits" onboard but other stuff is often put in the case have goes for the crew (which also gets scanned but there is no issue with bringing anything onboard)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Does Azamara provide both shampoo and conditioner, or are they combined into one liquid?

They are separate but I’d take my own. The conditioner in particular isn’t great 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, uktog said:

They are separate but I’d take my own. The conditioner in particular isn’t great 

Sorry to hear that the conditioner isn't great (I have long hair).  It will be a long flight to Singapore with liquids spilling in my checked baggage. 🙁

I wonder whether I can buy good conditioner in Singapore? How would I even know whether the brands they sell there would be to my liking ? 

6 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Sorry to hear that the conditioner isn't great (I have long hair).  It will be a long flight to Singapore with liquids spilling in my checked baggage. 🙁

I wonder whether I can buy good conditioner in Singapore? How would I even know whether the brands they sell there would be to my liking ? 

You would certainly get good conditioner in Singapore.  You should find brands like Elemis there and there are branches of Sephora.  I have long hair but I take my own conditioner. I pop the tubes into a ziplock bag and pop it inside a shoe for travelling - never had an issue and I have many years of long haul flights on business

With regular trips I have used Ishop chiangi where you can collect preordered items on arrival.  Here is the list of conditioners you can get

https://www.ishopchangi.com/en/category/beauty/hair-care/conditioner

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, uktog said:

I pop the tubes into a ziplock bag and pop it inside a shoe for travelling - never had an issue and I have many years of long haul flights on business

I do the sealed bag in a shoe trick, too. Never failed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kml246 said:

I do the sealed bag in a shoe trick, too. Never failed.

And if you can squeeze a bit of air out first, so that it's under suction.  Then, when the pressure drops in the plane, it will still be higher than in the bottle and not force the contents out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, kcl491 said:

In addition to the zip-lock bag, I unscrew the top and put a piece of cling wrap over the opening then close it up.  Belts and braces, me.

@kcl491 Great tip thanks. Your middle name would not be Heloise by any chance? You have to be old like me to get that.😊

All our luggage packing is now packaged, labeled and we roll our cloths. Works great and makes packing and unpacking a lot easier. 

Edited by aliaschief