How Sweet Will The Suite Life Be On The Edge?

vtcruising

Here is an updated Suite Amenities List. It is very detailed, there are a few changes and there are some Edge-specific amenities.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/AMENITIES_GRID_sales_11x17.pdf

Thank you for posting! I guess in CS and SS on Edge we get Turndown Truffles at night and higher suites get Mendiant Chocolates. Not sure if they are worth the extra thousands (dollars and calories)!

Thank you for posting! I guess in CS and SS on Edge we get Turndown Truffles at night and higher suites get Mendiant Chocolates. Not sure if they are worth the extra thousands (dollars and calories)!

I've never had Mendiant chocolates so won't know what I am missing. The Turndown Truffles sound just fine. I must say I am jealous about the deck phones, Riedel glasses and exercise bike (to use after eating the chocolates) and I am intrigued about the "Turndown Delight." ;)

Mendiant chocolates are served on Chic nights in Luminae along with other delicious sweets. They’re really good, but I prefer Truffles, yum! 😁

I found the Peloton bike for use in room intriguing, it would be great to try it in your room. I'm fine with my S1 and whatever perks I get, I just want access to the Retreat.

On NCL the haven had where you could order food from any restaurant and it be delivered to your stateroom, they even had menus by the pool for al fresco dining. Is that offered by X currently or might that be for Edge?

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding the Retreat Pool Bar. When you say it's not complimentary does that mean it works like all the other bars on the ship, where regardless of beverage package you have to show your card? Then if I have the beverage package I only pay additional if I go over the set price limit. Correct?

I found the Peloton bike for use in room intriguing, it would be great to try it in your room. I'm fine with my S1 and whatever perks I get, I just want access to the Retreat.

On NCL the haven had where you could order food from any restaurant and it be delivered to your stateroom, they even had menus by the pool for al fresco dining. Is that offered by X currently or might that be for Edge?

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding the Retreat Pool Bar. When you say it's not complimentary does that mean it works like all the other bars on the ship, where regardless of beverage package you have to show your card? Then if I have the beverage package I only pay additional if I go over the set price limit. Correct?

Since the Retreat Pool Bar is not complimentary, I believe that is why X is giving Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites the Premium Beverage Package on the Edge. You might have to pay an upcharge depending on your choice of beverage.

I've never had Mendiant chocolates so won't know what I am missing. The Turndown Truffles sound just fine. I must say I am jealous about the deck phones, Riedel glasses and exercise bike (to use after eating the chocolates) and I am intrigued about the "Turndown Delight." ;)

Maybe you had one but didn't know it! It is possible that the Turndown Truffle might be that you order one from your butler and he turns you down! So better bring some M&M's just in case!

A mendiant is a traditional French confection composed of a chocolate disk studded with nuts and dried fruits representing the four mendicant or monastic orders. Each of the ingredients used refer to the color of monastic robes.

:D:D

Maybe you had one but didn't know it! It is possible that the Turndown Truffle might be that you order one from your butler and he turns you down! So better bring some M&M's just in case!

A mendiant is a traditional French confection composed of a chocolate disk studded with nuts and dried fruits representing the four mendicant or monastic orders. Each of the ingredients used refer to the color of monastic robes.

Interesting chocolate info!

Has anyone received any more information regarding the 4 perks for the preview cruises? I was told originally that perk was only offered for 4 night and longer cruises, however, this update has no limiting language and I would argue does say “when you book any suite” you get all 4. I am going to call and she is I can argue my way to getting this. I am paying the same rate a night as a 7 day but just prorated therefore we really should be entitled to it.

Certainly the PDF language from their travel agent site (creative.rccl.com) is at odds with what Celebrity has listed on their consumer website regarding “four perks”. We have to assume this is the result of two different departments not being in sync. Or, perhaps the PDF is for a forthcoming campaign?

Seems like a constant theme of disorganization. I already prepaid my tips and purchased a drink package. If I can’t get them, it won’t break me but I at least want to try. Just seems like it should be included given the price is the same per night. Maybe a reduced OBC but still included.

Certainly the PDF language from their travel agent site (creative.rccl.com) is at odds with what Celebrity has listed on their consumer website regarding “four perks”. We have to assume this is the result of two different departments not being in sync. Or, perhaps the PDF is for a forthcoming campaign?

I believe the "four perks" graphic at the bottom of the pdf is simply advertising copy and does not pertain to amenties. I called Celebrity to ask about the listing that seems to show a drinks package is an amenity for the SS and not a perk, which means it is not dependent on the length of the cruise. She told me the pdf was incorrect. Perhaps Celebrity doesn't have what was posted on the main RCCI site as the agent site for Celebrity doesn't mention it.

Am I the only one thinking so much white on this ship will get dirty? I really hope they account for that. Equinox and Solstice had light colored leather sofas in the veranda staterooms and started showing their age quickly. Not sure about Eclipse, but I know on Silhouette and Reflection they caught on and the sofas were changed out to the rust/red colored fabric which hides dirt a lot better. Stain resistant or not, white will show wear more and faster. Hoping they've accounted for this, or hopefully things aren't so white. I can see those nice white framed chairs on the suite balconies getting banged and scratched up real fast.

I had mentioned this on a main Celebrity thread, but I figured I would also mention it here.

I would expect that it would be difficult for Luminae to also offer the main dining room menu on Edge like it does on other ships.

Luminae has always been adjacent to a main dining room on previous ships so it was easy to also provide mdr items.

Can’t see how the staff will be able to easily provide Mdr items in Luminae roughly 6 decks higher and at an opposite end of the ship.

Yes, there is a problem with transporting food from one dining room to another. Health department rules.

this is why on S Class ships, Blu cannot generally offer items from the MDR -- it's too far away -- but on M class ships Blu's space was carved out of the MDR and it's easier to get MDR items served there.

I would not expect that Edge Luminae will be able to offer foods from the MDR kitchen,

I had mentioned this on a main Celebrity thread, but I figured I would also mention it here.

I would expect that it would be difficult for Luminae to also offer the main dining room menu on Edge like it does on other ships.

Luminae has always been adjacent to a main dining room on previous ships so it was easy to also provide mdr items.

Can’t see how the staff will be able to easily provide Mdr items in Luminae roughly 6 decks higher and at an opposite end of the ship.

You are probably correct about this for the reasons you have given. But I hope they expand the Luminae menu a bit on Edge. That would help. Need more choices on some nights.

Am I the only one thinking so much white on this ship will get dirty? I really hope they account for that. Equinox and Solstice had light colored leather sofas in the veranda staterooms and started showing their age quickly. Not sure about Eclipse, but I know on Silhouette and Reflection they caught on and the sofas were changed out to the rust/red colored fabric which hides dirt a lot better. Stain resistant or not, white will show wear more and faster. Hoping they've accounted for this, or hopefully things aren't so white. I can see those nice white framed chairs on the suite balconies getting banged and scratched up real fast.

The only items I have seen get yucky real quick are the lounger beds at the pool area., too much sunscreen etc

,.I expect items wil be cleaned or replaced as they get soiled.

You are probably correct about this for the reasons you have given. But I hope they expand the Luminae menu a bit on Edge. That would help. Need more choices on some nights.

t - without expanding the menu, a remedy for 'more choices' may be going to one of the other dining rooms, if space permits, when nothing is appealing?

bon voyage

I think expanding the Luminae menu would cut down on suite guests going to BLU.

.BLU is supposed to be space available for suite guests, but on the main CC threads there have been recent reports of exceptions. Suite guests were getting a reserved time for BLU while AQ guests sat with beepers.

On Reflection we observed the suite concierge walking in a whole line of people one night ahead of AQ guests who were made to wait for seating...I believe that has ceased. Hopefully!

BLU is already burdened on many ships.....esp at popular times. Staff levels have recently been less than ideal .esp wait staff and sommelier

On EDGE a bunch of Concierge Cabins have been converted to AQ Class, adding even more guests who are asigned to dine in BLU,

I assume EDGE will be properly stafffed but if Luminae offers more to suite guests that might reduce congestion at BLU.

I know that if there isn't an option for MDR choices in Luminae, some will be disappointed, but we would be fine, I think. The first time we were in Luminae, I asked for something from the MDR menu and it was fine, but really not as flavorful and good quality as the Luminae food, IMO (I will put in the CC disclaimer that food is subjective ;)). I then started to try things from the Luminae menu that I wasn't so sure about and found that I really enjoyed the depth of flavors and quality of the meat/veggies more than having the more tried and true MDR items. We have had a few things we liked less than others, but the overall quality was very good.

On the second cruise in Luminae (14 nights), I asked the MC concierge for the Luminae menus and the order they would be served on that cruise (they warned that it could change, but don't remember that they did on that cruise). I then chose our least favorite menu selection nights and changed our specialty restaurant reservations to those nights. That worked very well for us. I will be asking for the menus when we board the Edge cruises and the proposed order.

I would think that, if they cannot offer the MDR menu in the Edge Luminae, they would add a few things to an everyday menu (with a few MDR-type items with higher quality ingredients). That would be the best of both worlds for us, because we would have the usual step up in service and space in Luminae, with more options. I'm assuming some will in suites will want to try the various MDRs on the Edge though, since they look pretty awesome!! :D

Hi,

Haven't been on a cruise since 2011 (got married on a Carnival Ship with 30-40 family/friends cruising with us).

This will be our first Celebrity Cruise, and first suite (we have a Sky Suite - S2 i think, 10th deck). April sailing.

I think we got $300 OBC, Gratuities, Wifi, Premium package all included.

Couple questions if you dont mind.

1) There's a special restaurant for suite guests, correct? Is this available for all meals? And is it included in the suite price?

2) Room Service - is there a separate charge? Or just included?

3) Are there restaurants that are pay-for restaurants as well?

4) It looks like we may have the suite where the bed actually faces the balcony - just saw this on a youtube preview video somewhere. Are these the "infinite verandas" like I've seen as well?

Thank you!

Hi,

Haven't been on a cruise since 2011 (got married on a Carnival Ship with 30-40 family/friends cruising with us).

This will be our first Celebrity Cruise, and first suite (we have a Sky Suite - S2 i think, 10th deck). April sailing.

I think we got $300 OBC, Gratuities, Wifi, Premium package all included.

Couple questions if you dont mind.

1) There's a special restaurant for suite guests, correct? Is this available for all meals? And is it included in the suite price?

4) It looks like we may have the suite where the bed actually faces the balcony - just saw this on a youtube preview video somewhere. Are these the "infinite verandas" like I've seen as well?

Thank you!

Luminae is the suite restaurant. It is included in price: breakfast and dinner and sea day lunches (yummy!). If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you will find more info on Luminae, the suite sundeck/pool and suite lounge (The Retreat).

free 24/7 though they offer some pay extra items that are optional

Yes, several specialty restaurants - here is a thread that outlines the options (first few posts):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2609250

They are traditional balconies, not infinite verandas, and the bed may or may not face the ocean. There are varying layouts that have been seen. :D

I think you will love the suite life on Celebrity! If you have more questions about Celebrity, the Edge or suite experience, there are many great threads on this Edge Forum - ask away! :D

Edited by vtcruising

I was told that 80% of American guests and 60% of guests from other places order off of the MDR menu in Luminae. Very interested on how they will handle this. People paying $35,000 a week (high end of the spectrum) will not be happy being told to eat somewhere else

I was told that 80% of American guests and 60% of guests from other places order off of the MDR menu in Luminae. Very interested on how they will handle this. People paying $35,000 a week (high end of the spectrum) will not be happy being told to eat somewhere else

Those paying $35,000/week might end up ordering anything they want and have it served in their Suite. 😉

The Celebrity Edge posted example menus for Luminae have fewer items than the Blu menu example (especially appetizers) Blu also has an always available option which Luminae doesn’t show. Luminae example also doesn’t show any salads?

A lot may depend upon the size of the Luminae kitchen in terms of how many things it can provide since it can’t use the main dining room. It may be similar to the NCL Haven where they have a larger menu that never changes, but the chef indicated they can’t do anything different due to the small size of the kitchen and not having a close MDR to utilize.