Birthday e-mail From Princess

simon stingray

Today my partner celebrates his 40th birthday. It was very nice for him to receive an e-mail this morning from Princess wishing him a happy birthday.

However, the little gift they included left us both bemused.

Was it a discount off a future cruise?

A complimentary bottle of wine perhaps...or a discount off a spa treatment?

No they sent him a colouring in book which he can download.

How exciting.

Has anyone else spent their 40th birthday colouring in their Princess picture books?

Today my partner celebrates his 40th birthday. It was very nice for him to receive an e-mail this morning from Princess wishing him a happy birthday.

How exciting.

Has anyone else spent their 40th birthday colouring in their Princess picture books?

I only celebrate every 4 years but all I generally get from Princess is a card. Your partner must be very special. Say thank you and move on. And, a very happy Birthday [emoji512][emoji322] to your partner.

Maureen

Someone else has a thread about birthdays, and I just posted the same thing!!! Only I got someone who had way toooooooo much coffee make a snarky response.

Wah!!! Wah!!! I never got a coloring birthday card! I'm going to write Princess a long letter and tell them I'll never cruise with them again because they're stingy handing out birthday greetings! WAH!!! WAH!!! sniff, sniff. /snark

Edited by myfuzzy

How exciting.

While I have not received anything like that from Princess, it may be because I have already mastered staying inside the lines. I would suggest that your partner just needs to practice, practice, practice and he will move up the birthday gift chain to get, maybe, a magnet.

How exciting.

I just got the same on my birthday (Monday). I hadn't opened it up - nor had I opened up the ones from cruise critic, my dentist, my periodontist, and capital one (that was sent a day late)!

Someone else has a thread about birthdays, and I just posted the same thing!!! Only I got someone who had way toooooooo much coffee make a snarky response.

Wah!!! Wah!!! I never got a coloring birthday card! I'm going to write Princess a long letter and tell them I'll never cruise with them again because they're stingy handing out birthday greetings! WAH!!! WAH!!! sniff, sniff. /snark

Lol. You had to start it. [emoji508][emoji13][emoji851]

While I have not received anything like that from Princess, it may be because I have already mastered staying inside the lines. I would suggest that your partner just needs to practice, practice, practice and he will move up the birthday gift chain to get, maybe, a magnet.

They must know that I sadly lack any artistic ability:D

Yes, a nice thought, but, normally there is some kind of "promotion" wishing you a HB. This year, though, I thought it was pretty juvenile to send coloring pages.

So, maybe Princess really does read cruise critic...

And, is there anything more heartfelt, sincere and touching that a mailmerge generated email?

I haven't checked my spam folder recently to see if I received one from princess, as I'm worried

I might be overcome with emotion

princess must think i am too old for the coloring book. they must also think i am too old for birthday card.. first time i have not received a birthday card for my birthday which was on tuesday.

Happy Belated Birthday from your friends at CruiseCritic!

By the way, you are never too old!

Happy Birthday to your partner........ On our last cruise, we did notice several people around the pool with colored pencils who were coloring in "grown-up" coloring books. It seems to be a relaxing pastime. I was thinking that Princess might have handed those out as a prize for winning the Trivia or Bingo games. - EBC