Sun drenched deals

tere247

That's where I thought it should be, but it's not. Only my FCD is shown.

I guess I have to get on the phone.

Thank you

I booked a Christmas/New Year's cruise on the Pacific using the Sun Drenched Deals. I out the cruise on hold by talking to a person at Princess and when I asked about the OBC the woman said I should get it. When I looked at my personalizer it was not there. When I called to make the deposit I asked again about it. The woman I spoke to that time said that the OBC was only for selected cruises and my cruise was not one of them. I don't know who is right and who is wrong but I am not going to fight over it as we have enough OBC on that cruise to cover what we need it for. So after all that - it could be that your cruise is not one of the select cruises getting the OBC. Good luck, I hope you do get it.

I booked a February 2019 cruise (Eastern Caribbean 10 night) a few months ago and I just checked the "Sun Drenched Deals". It is listed as up to 40% off, but what I booked is still cheaper than what they are offering under this program. How is this a "Sale"? I don't see any sale at all.

I booked a February 2019 cruise (Eastern Caribbean 10 night) a few months ago and I just checked the "Sun Drenched Deals". It is listed as up to 40% off, but what I booked is still cheaper than what they are offering under this program. How is this a "Sale"? I don't see any sale at all.

What else is new? Princess does that all the time. It isn't a sale, it is just the latest "come on."

I booked a cruise and then waited for the Sip and Sail to come around. They raised the price of the same cabin by $500 per person and said I would have to re-book at that price to get the promo. Some deal. Bah.

Hello -

If you don't mind me asking and if you care to share, how much did you pay for your cruise? I booked it for this November at $1214 per person for a balcony with $50 OBC per person.

Thank you in advance~Z

Hello -

If you don't mind me asking and if you care to share, how much did you pay for your cruise? I booked it for this November at $1214 per person for a balcony with $50 OBC per person.

Thank you in advance~Z

You should never ask that question as you will often end up unhappy because you paid more for the cruise.

You should never ask that question as you will often end up unhappy because you paid more for the cruise.

That is a chance that I have decided to take! I am not scared of the truth.

Thanks for your valuable input!~Z

My experience has mirrored that of Thrak. When Princess comes out with a new offer, I evaluate the total cost--taking into account any OBC, free gratuities, etc. What I've found is that the overall deal comes out very close each time--less than $100 difference, and usually more like $20! I see exactly what he does; if they add a good perk, they also up the cabin price.

I've been watching the cruises in February for some time now and your particular cruise has not been discounted like the others. You must have gotten quite a deal!

The fare went down significantly for a regular balcony on the cruise I booked - Regal February 24th. Because I wanted to cruise on a specific week, I decided to grab it - especially since they upped the ante by offering OBC.

Although we sprung for an aft balcony on the dolphin deck, the regular balcony fares started at $849 pp, and the obstructed on Emerald (the ones with virtually no obstruction were still available) were even less. Because we live so close to Port Everglades, we usually go for the last minute deals, but honestly, this deal was pretty darn close.

As usual, YMMV.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

I booked a cruise and then waited for the Sip and Sail to come around. They raised the price of the same cabin by $500 per person and said I would have to re-book at that price to get the promo. Some deal. Bah.

Exactly! I would love to experience the Sip and Sail just for the ability to not have to think or worry about the final bill but Princess always seems to raise the fares just enough to cover what we would have normally paid for the beverage package in the first place. We never spend close to a $1000 a week on beverages so it just isn't worth it to us.

My experience has mirrored that of Thrak. When Princess comes out with a new offer' date=' I evaluate the total cost--taking into account any OBC, free gratuities, etc. What I've found is that the overall deal comes out very close each time--less than $100 difference, and usually more like $20! I see exactly what he does; if they add a good perk, they also up the cabin price.[/quote']

Sometimes, sometimes not. I booked B2B Japan cruises for next year that included $300 in OBC per person. I checked on fares after the OBC offer ended (and no other offer took their place) and they were precisely the same. And now both sailings are sold out.

Sometimes, sometimes not. I booked B2B Japan cruises for next year that included $300 in OBC per person. I checked on fares after the OBC offer ended (and no other offer took their place) and they were precisely the same. And now both sailings are sold out.

But that's going the other direction--as the cruise nears and it is selling well. My point was that I book under one offer and a new offer comes out--often with more perks, but a significantly higher fare, it works out to nearly the same price. Then the perks can go away and the fare stays at the higher level. Yes, there are always exceptions, particularly when a cruise is selling well.

We loved cruising Japan a couple years ago--did 20 nights, then a week in Tokyo. Enjoy!

We did book 2 cruises under the last Sip and Sail and then watched as the prices went up and up and up. This time... no such luck. If they hadn't insisted I re-fare to the new rate it would have been a great deal.

No different than at your local supermarket.

Bananas may normally go for 59c cents a pound. But last week there was a sale for 39 cents a pound. This week there is a sale at 49 cents a pound. It is still a sale this week, just not as good of a sale as last week.

Hello -

Thank you in advance~Z

Zhexela,

We paid $1739 per person for an BE balcony , for a 10 night FEBRUARY departure, with $60 OBC. The TA we used also rebates 10% of the fare (less taxes and port charges) if booking and final payment is made using a certain (Major) credit card. The refund will be around $300, so that brings it down to $1589 per person. Add in additional $100 shareholder OBC and it's not such a bad deal for a 10 night February cruise.

Princess' "Sun Drenched Deal" was well over $1800 per person for the same cabin category, dates and ship.

You got a good deal also, but yours is a November sailing, so not really comparable.

We booked the exclusive Captain's Circle offer of Sun Drenched Deals.

It was supposed to include specialty dining.

I am not seeing it anywhere.

Also, when we got the Princess Confirmation, forwarded to us after booking with a TA, it shows a $100.00 OBC. But this is NOT showing anywhere else.

This is really disappointing.

Princess should be doing better than this.

I would love to see the OBC, and that specialty dining too, show up when we are onboard. (which I hear is a possibility)

But, we shouldn't have to be sitting here not knowing if we are going to get our perks or not.

This is a problem.

: (

We booked the exclusive Captain's Circle offer of Sun Drenched Deals.

It was supposed to include specialty dining.

I am not seeing it anywhere.

Also, when we got the Princess Confirmation, forwarded to us after booking with a TA, it shows a $100.00 OBC. But this is NOT showing anywhere else.

This is really disappointing.

Princess should be doing better than this.

I would love to see the OBC, and that specialty dining too, show up when we are onboard. (which I hear is a possibility)

But, we shouldn't have to be sitting here not knowing if we are going to get our perks or not.

This is a problem.

: (

Were you offered specialty dining and OBC with the sun drenched deal? We received one specialty dining from our TA but I never saw Princess offering it as a Captain's Circle offer.

I think the Sun Drenched deal is horrible. I'm hoping to re-fare my upcoming Hawaii cruise with the 3 for Free. If not, so be it. Too bad the Sip and Sail is not available for this cruise. :(

I think it just depends upon your sailing. The cruise we booked still has some very prime locations left and only has 6 months to sell. Yours may be far more popular and therefore Princess has less of a sense of urgency to move cabins. You just have to keep watching the fares so you know when you are in actuality getting a good price. You can't go by Princess's marketing and their ongoing promotions.

Did you actually get the email and the flyer in the mailbox, for maybe-targeted, Captain's Circle members? That did mention the Dining.

Not sure about the OBC, but the OBC is listed on the one email confirmation, but absolutely nowhere else. Confusing!!!

Anyhow, things were a mess at Princess at that time, with tech/web-site problems. The discounted rates didn't show up online until several days later. And the flyer that was 'coming to your mailbox', came even later!!!

And, yes, the different promotions can really vary depending on sailing, cabin, other offers, etc...

We were booked with Sip and Sail... And were happy with that.. About breaking even with the Sun Drenched... But, when we got the further discounted fares, we upgraded from a Balcony to a Balcony Deluxe, and could have a $500. bar tab, and still save. That is when we re -fared!!!

Edited by Wishing on a star