Elites - New Coffee System on B2B cruises?

San Diego Ellie

I am wondering if the new system makes it necessary each leg of a back to back cruise to choose the coffee "card" option? Normally on a B2B, I do this this one cruise, and bar setup the other cruise. To make things a bit more complicated, I am going B2B2B where leg one is one cabin and the other two are another cabin.

Thanks for any clarification. If this has been cleared up before, sorry that I missed it.

Ellie

I am wondering if the new system makes it necessary each leg of a back to back cruise to choose the coffee "card" option? Normally on a B2B, I do this this one cruise, and bar setup the other cruise. To make things a bit more complicated, I am going B2B2B where leg one is one cabin and the other two are another cabin.

Thanks for any clarification. If this has been cleared up before, sorry that I missed it.

Ellie

So far experiences have varied but based on the phone call I received from Princess they confirmed their terms & conditions statement that the coffee program ends at the end of each cruise.

• The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.

There was a post which as I recall was from a passenger who exchanged their minibar for 2 coffee programs on the first cruise of a B2B and to exchange the 2nd minibar for sodas. They were able to use the coffee program on both cruises which contradicts the T&C. Maybe that was allowed because it was a complimentary elite benefit & not purchased.

It may be awhile until we learn a definitive answer about a consistent fleetwide procedure but hopefully you’ll be able to use it on your B2B2B cruises.

Since you dont get a new card for B2B (unless room change) . Everything continues on the second cruise.

Is that statement based on a personal experience since the coffee program was instituted in June or an assumption based on experiences before it was implemented.

We just got back from a B2B on the Golden--8/11/18 and 8/18/18. We were in the same cabin and our cruise card was good for both legs of the voyage. On the first leg, I exchanged our minibar for two coffee packages. When the lady came to deliver/exchange the second mini-bar, I asked whether the coffee packages would continue or expire. She said she didn't know, and she made a phone call. She got off the phone and said that the coffee package would be good until the cruise card expired. We traded our second minibar for diet cokes. I KNOW that's not a good price value, but it got what we needed and I didn't have to pay for a second soda package.

Before someone starts into how I got more than I should have....daughter never used her coffee package at all and ended up with a few of my 15 not used....so Princess came out ahead on us. Also, they claimed that there was no tea, other than the specialty teas, available at the IC on the first leg. It appeared on the second leg. Very odd. FWIW, the specialty tea,"Mighty Leaf" brand, was excellent.

No flames, please. I am not commenting on what is written. I'm simply reporting our experience.

Thanks moki’smommy...your experience must be the one I recall previously reading. ;)

Don’t see why anyone would flame you for sharing your experiences...thanks. :)

It’ll be interesting to learn if anyone who purchased the coffee program has the same experience as your minibar exchange.

We just got back from a B2B on the Golden--8/11/18 and 8/18/18. We were in the same cabin and our cruise card was good for both legs of the voyage. On the first leg' date=' I exchanged our minibar for two coffee packages. When the lady came to deliver/exchange the second mini-bar, I asked whether the coffee packages would continue or expire. She said she didn't know, and she made a phone call. She got off the phone and said that the coffee package would be good until the cruise card expired. We traded our second minibar for diet cokes. I KNOW that's not a good price value, but it got what we needed and I didn't have to pay for a second soda package.

Before someone starts into how I got more than I should have....daughter never used her coffee package at all and ended up with a few of my 15 not used....so Princess came out ahead on us. Also, they claimed that there was no tea, other than the specialty teas, available at the IC on the first leg. It appeared on the second leg. Very odd. FWIW, the specialty tea,"Mighty Leaf" brand, was excellent.

No flames, please. I am not commenting on what is written. I'm simply reporting our experience.[/quote']

This brings up a related question.

Next year we will be doing the Sky TA but before that 7 days from Rome to Barcelona.

Since Princess is selling it as both two segments and also a 21 day cruise wonder how coffee card will work?.

Last time we did a 14 day cruise that also was sold in two 7 day segments the platinum benefits were given to us in two segments.

Since we will be elite next year would it work the same way for elite benefits?

Next year we will be doing the Sky TA but before that 7 days from Rome to Barcelona.

Since Princess is selling it as both two segments and also a 21 day cruise wonder how coffee card will work?.

Last time we did a 14 day cruise that also was sold in two 7 day segments the platinum benefits were given to us in two segments.

It seems to depend on whether you get a cruise card for the whole trip or 2 cruise cards. If you're not changing cabins' date=' you should get one card. The usual benefits that are usually part of the Platinum/Elite benefits (internet, etc.) carry over...i.e. if we don't use all of our internet minutes on the first leg, on the second leg the unused portion is used up first, then you start with "fresh" minutes.[/size']

Stu...as you may know we’re sailing the Sky as one 28-day cruise.

Checking my cruise history it shows 3 cruise credits (7-7-14) so I expect to receive the elite benefits 3 times including the minibar like on previous multi segment itineraries.

Not certain about loyalty credit but like other types of OBCs it’s likely based on how it’s booked. So my guess is I’ll receive one loyalty credit just like with my shareholder & military credits.

Our cruise was available only as 2 segments at the time I booked it. It later showed up as a 14 night cruise. We got all benefits as if it has been 2 separate cruises, but the coffee program carried over.

The change seems like a poopy one to me but I don't make the rules. We aren't Elite so the exchange issue doesn't apply to us (and I wouldn't make the exchange anyway). We have two unpunched and unmarked coffee cards we will take on our upcoming cruise. Best to use them before they go the way of the Dodo on August 31 of next year. We won't try to pretend they are new to the voyage and will simply tell them up front they are from a prior cruise. We have no desire to try to scam the fresh-brewed coffee and are just wanting to use the punches. I'm sure they will write the voyage info and date on the cards. I'm not sure why they have never done that on any of our cards in the past but, now that the cards are going away, I can't imagine that they would fail to write on them now.

Stu...as you may know we’re sailing the Sky as one 28-day cruise.

Checking my cruise history it shows 3 cruise credits (7-7-14) so I expect to receive the elite benefits 3 times including the minibar like on previous multi segment itineraries.

Not certain about loyalty credit but like other types of OBCs it’s likely based on how it’s booked. So my guess is I’ll receive one loyalty credit just like with my shareholder & military credits.

Guess we will be swimming in coffee than:)

Since you dont get a new card for B2B (unless room change) . Everything continues on the second cruise.

We did a B2B in July aboard the Sapphire Princess and we did not change rooms. We had the Sip & Sail premier beverage package promotion for the second leg but not the first leg. When we checked in for the first leg our cruise cards showed the dates that covered both legs. On the last night of the first leg we were given new cruise cards. That leads me to believe that the cards contained the code that showed we had the drink package.

We are doing a 20 night cruise which can also be done as a b2b apparently so I emailed and this is the info I was sent. Of course it is always possible that what happens when we are onboard could be different

"Thank you for contacting Captain's Circle.

Please be advised that your cruise is considered as onephysical voyage and thus, will have one internet and mini-bar allocation.

For any further queries, please feel free to contact us."

The Coffee Card Rebellion!! :mad:

This is what Princess should put on the back of the Coffee Cards.

We lied when we told you your coffee card would be good until you used up all the punches.

The Rebellion continue!!!

Tony

I used up my remaining old coffee cards on the CB, they are gone with the smoke.

You have my hearty, and happily disinterested, support.

The change seems like a poopy one to me but I don't make the rules. We aren't Elite so the exchange issue doesn't apply to us (and I wouldn't make the exchange anyway). We have two unpunched and unmarked coffee cards we will take on our upcoming cruise. Best to use them before they go the way of the Dodo on August 31 of next year. We won't try to pretend they are new to the voyage and will simply tell them up front they are from a prior cruise. We have no desire to try to scam the fresh-brewed coffee and are just wanting to use the punches. I'm sure they will write the voyage info and date on the cards. I'm not sure why they have never done that on any of our cards in the past but, now that the cards are going away, I can't imagine that they would fail to write on them now.

No need to tell them anything. Since there are no physical cards being sold anymore, any card has to be from a previous voyage.

We are doing a 20 night cruise which can also be done as a b2b apparently so I emailed and this is the info I was sent. Of course it is always possible that what happens when we are onboard could be different

Please be advised that your cruise is considered as onephysical voyage and thus, will have one internet and mini-bar allocation.

The exact opposite of reality.

The Coffee Card Rebellion!! :mad:

This is what Princess should put on the back of the Coffee Cards.

We lied when we told you your coffee card would be good until you used up all the punches.

The Rebellion continue!!!

Tony

Actually, the card never promised it would be good until you used up all the punches.

It says "Unused specialty coffees redeemable on next voyage." So technically, any punches remaining after that next voyage are not good.

The exact opposite of reality.

As caribill posted, based on experiences what you were told was incorrect & you’ll have 2 minibars & internet packages.

Check your cruise history which includes your future cruises and you should see 2 cruise credits for your 20 day cruise because it can be booked as two 10-day cruises. That’ll show you how many times you’ll receive the minibar & Internet package...twice.

I have a future 28-day cruise that can be booked in many combinations of shorter cruises and I have 3 cruise credits...7, 7 & 14 days...which is the most credits possible for this itinerary.