Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

Thanks, Jim and Iain, for stopping the Millennium in Vancouver yesterday to pick us up. Looking forward to connecting with you on board.

Betsy

Looking forward to meeting. I'm being an airhead and thought the Connections meeting was this morning only to discover it will not be until Monday at 9:30 in Tuscan Grill. With the size of the event room I expect it to be a pretty good size group

We had a little excitement last evening. While having pre-dinner drinks in Michael's Club the Millennium experienced a blackout and emergency lights came on quickly. Captain Alex came on PA to explain we were slowing down and engineering department were working to correct the problem Luckily they were able to resolve the issue rather quickly.

Safety drill was held at 3:45 yesterday and we set sail at 4:30. Vancouver is a beautiful city and it is a very scenic departure as glide under the Lion's Gate Bridge.

We had dinner in Luminea last night. It is always so comfortable as a B2B to know and be known by the dining staff. The Restaurant Manager, Dennis, is back and Simona has moved back to Blu. The assistant waiter, Ayu, was suppose to have gone home but they asked her to extend her stay as they had so many new staff. She is an absolute delight and enjoy her bubbly personality.

For dinner last night we both choose the Fresh Mozzarella as a starter and Turbot for dinner. I have to say the Chef who is from Jamaica knows how to cook fish to perfection. He told me he had been cooking fish since he was a child and could do it blindfolded. For the past week the meals have been excellent and served piping hot from the grill.

We met a really nice couple at dinner last night and had a delightful conversation during dinner. After dinner a couple ladies came up to introduce themselves as they have been following the blog. My memory of names can be bad on first meeting someone but I believe their names were Anita and Susan. I'm sure we will see each other again and if I'm wrong about your names I apologize.

YouTube video of sailing under Lions Gate Bridge. First trial of my new GoPro (thanks to OBC) I gad to spend.

http://

3f9f31493b545212442e1db3b7999417.jpg

While at dinner Joaquin delivered some nice flowers and some wine.

ef1fbe374d5d53faacb08922a1262ebf.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the great reports from Vancouver and how the entire B2B process was handled.

Was Millie the only ship at Canada Place yesterday?

We did the walk off disembarking Solstice in May and it was flawless. We arrived YVR so early that we were able to take an earlier flight home.

Good to know about the current promo for booking Transatlantics on board.

Thanks for all the great reports from Vancouver and how the entire B2B process was handled.

Was Millie the only ship at Canada Place yesterday?

We did the walk off disembarking Solstice in May and it was flawless. We arrived YVR so early that we were able to take an earlier flight home.

Good to know about the current promo for booking Transatlantics on board.

Bev

Yes, Millennium was the only ship at Canada Place yesterday.

Here’s promo on Repositioning. It says book on board so not sure if available off the ship.

4b29b7d8450e985a2b19f2a61f351a7a.jpg

54de1894f4b0cc273c23bf98f920fcd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting. I've done several B2Bs and even a B2B2B and never were there prizes offered. Hope this is a new thing.

Linda: I don't want to hijack Jim's thread but we almost always do B2B or 2B2B series with an occasional B2B2B2B. The first time I experienced a door prize drawing at a B2B meeting was in the spring of 2105 on a South American series on the Infinity. In addition to the items mentioned by Jim there also have been coffee mugs, Celebrity robes, and ship models raffled as prizes. Since 2015 our experience has been that about half the time there have been prizes raffled at the B2B meetings.

Gerry

We had a little excitement last evening. While having pre-dinner drinks in Michael's Club the Millennium experienced a blackout and emergency lights came on quickly. Captain Alex came on PA to explain we were slowing down and engineering department were working to correct the problem ......

We had left MC and were heading to Blu when it happened. And during dinner the lights in Blu were flickering rather dramatically. This morning the 10 AM announcement did not include comments from Captain Alex (only comments by the CD) and given Captain Alex's love of the microphone, I thought that was interesting. Have you heard what happened? We have not.

Gerry

Could you describe the entertainment on board?

Thanks!

You might get your best idea of the entertainment by reading the dailies. The entertainment of each night is posted on the top left corner of page 2 of the Today.

So Far -

Alaska Cruise

Day 1 - Dan Wilson - Comedian

Day 2 - I will Always Love you starring Ashlie Amber songs of Whitney Houston

Day 3 - Ibroadway - Production Show

Day 3 - Yulia & Alan Reva - Cirque Act

Day 4 - Boggie Wonderland Production Show - West End 70's musicals

Day 5 - Uptown- Vocal Group / Late night comedy with Richie Minervine

Day 6 - Elysium - fairy tale stage show

Groups and Bands

Flying Colors - Acoustic Duo

DJ Eddie

Millennium Orchestra

Asher Brown - Guitar & Vocals

Marvelous Quartet - House Band

Fiesta Strings - Modern String Duo

Linda: I don't want to hijack Jim's thread but we almost always do B2B or 2B2B series with an occasional B2B2B2B. The first time I experienced a door prize drawing at a B2B meeting was in the spring of 2105 on a South American series on the Infinity. In addition to the items mentioned by Jim there also have been coffee mugs, Celebrity robes, and ship models raffled as prizes. Since 2015 our experience has been that about half the time there have been prizes raffled at the B2B meetings.

Gerry

Feel free to jump in anytime. The more the merrier. Will be interesting to see if they offer B2B's on the next leg prizes. I think we have a Lot of B2B's We met a neighbor (next door) that are on for the next 3 cruises. How wonderful.

From the Roll Call I expect there to be LOTs OF b2B'S on the next turnaround.

Gerry

Interesting. Guess I just picked the wrong cruises.

We had left MC and were heading to Blu when it happened. And during dinner the lights in Blu were flickering rather dramatically. This morning the 10 AM announcement did not include comments from Captain Alex (only comments by the CD) and given Captain Alex's love of the microphone, I thought that was interesting. Have you heard what happened? We have not.

Gerry

We were in MC chatting with John when the lights went out. We were in total darkness for about 1/2 minute before the backup lights came on. At least they fixed the problem quickly. I was just imagine what it would be for the waiters on the escalators from the kitchen....

I noticed that Captain Alex didn't come on this morning either... I'm guessing he was still busy with the Pilot as we were still in the Inland Passage Way.

We had a really quiet day at sea. I got up around 7:30 and grabbed a Double Cappuccino at Al Bachio. It is nice to be Elite Plus and get complimentary coffee and teas. I don't have a drink package on this leg as it is a Repositioning Cruise. I also ordered another double with breakfast at 9:00.

We have been really lazy all day. There is something about sea days that really make you relax. I walked around 10 miles before lunch which felt good. Lunched at Luminea and we both enjoyed the Lobster Roll.

After lunch it was nap time. Yikes - I slept for 3 hours.

Captain Alex came on the PA system around 5:30 and announced that there were hundreds of whales feeding on the Port Side of the ship. As you can imagine everyone ran to get a view. There were literally 100's of whales feeding and you could often see 4-5 blows at the same time. Most were a good distance from the ship but a couple were relatively close.

3afa4feb75f01eec098e6eb03e9d7d9f.jpg

fc3801d8cd9d7de66cdb54af3ca19f77.jpg

• Like 2

Seeing whales was amazing! A once in a lifetime experience. Kudos to the captain for letting us know.

Betsy

What a fabulous start to your cruise, very special. We have family on the sailing and I received an email that they were dining in Blu at a window table and witnessed this fabulous event.

Jim, wonderful pictures. THANK YOU!

What a fabulous start to your cruise, very special. We have family on the sailing and I received an email that they were dining in Blu at a window table and witnessed this fabulous event.

Jim, wonderful pictures. THANK YOU!

How exciting that must have been for them. I've never see so many whales in one location. It must have been a good feeding zone.

Seeing whales was amazing! A once in a lifetime experience. Kudos to the captain for letting us know.

Betsy

Captain Alex has been excellent in pointing out things. One the way south he announced he would blow the ships horn once if the whales were on Starboard and twice on Port. It was almost humorous to walk as the horn blew hundreds of people running to the other side off the ship.

What was the Marvelous Quartet like?

They are excellent and really nice to listen to. I heard Asher Brown last night and he has a wonderful voice in many ways reminded me of John Denver.

Fiesta Strings plays daily around the ship and often in Al Bachio. Nice classical tunes - the unusual part of their set is the Cello is an Electronic One and very modernistic in shape.

Yesterday was a really quiet day an sea and was very relaxing. I often read of those who worry about long repositioning cruises. For Iain and I it is pure pleasure. I never get bored and always find something fun to do.

They had a Senior Officer's Reception last night in Michael's Club. We missed it and decided to attend one on the next cruise. After getting back to the room after dinner last night we found that the Officers must really want to meet us as we were invited to a Senior Officer Dinner on September 17 (LOL).

The clocks went back last night for the first of 7 time zone changes. I woke up early and have already knocked down a double cappuccino and awaiting breakfast at 9:00.

We arrive in Sitka at 9:30 so we are very close to shore and enjoying the beautiful approach. I must be getting old but I can't remember if we have been to Sitka before and the pictures from the internet doesn't look familiar.

5673be0f46dc7867e8522a67bdb51939.jpg

1ba9c5d393a84e0f61dd6e1c824d46d0.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

Loving your review. We will be taking the trans pacific next September. Could you check something for me? When you get to Dutch Harbor, could you notice if the streets/sidewalks are do-able for a wheelchair or three wheeled scooter? I would really love to be able to get off the ship before the long treck west.

Loving your review. We will be taking the trans pacific next September. Could you check something for me? When you get to Dutch Harbor, could you notice if the streets/sidewalks are do-able for a wheelchair or three wheeled scooter? I would really love to be able to get off the ship before the long treck west.

I am sorry to tell you that Dutch Harbor was cancelled.