Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

Menu for Chef Table

e95ec0bc505db2359802a3644534f762.jpg

90000dc0e74ecb7ea9387c55a8060ef6.jpg

I did not drink and they were wonderful pairing my dishes with Fre Non-Alcoholic wines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jim.. You mentioned Fre wines... Are they available at all venues or was this just available only with the chef table... Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jim.. You mentioned Fre wines... Are they available at all venues or was this just available only with the chef table... Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fre is available anywhere on the ship. I've been drinking the Cabernet nightly. BTW you can google on it. It is made by Sutter Hill and I have seen it at Grocery Stores in California.

Fre is available anywhere on the ship. I've been drinking the Cabernet nightly. BTW you can google on it. It is made by Sutter Hill and I have seen it at Grocery Stores in California.
Thanks Jim... Will be on reflection in Nov and will check out.. Wife doesn't do Alcohol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Jim and SailFish,

Thank you both for answering my question regarding Chefs Dinner. It looks amazing. I hope we are able to be fortunate enough to sign up for this on our sailing in April!

I can’t believe how low the water is in Ketchikan!

Just discovered your thread. Will be following from here forward. This will be a stroll down memory lane for us we did B2B two years ago (2016). We did the crossing in a RS, then an aft C1 for the Japan cruise. We added the Japan segment midway through crossing! Never regretted that decision!

We thoroughly enjoyed the crossing and had terrific weather. Hope you do as well. It was great to arrive Japan rested after the crossing to enjoy ALL that Japan has to offer on the following segment.

I only wish you were calling at Dutch Harbor as that was a terrific first port on the crossing.

We also flew home in business on the ANA flight to SJC from Narita. So we really will be reliving our memories through your posts.

Keep enjoying!

Edited by BEAV

Just discovered your thread. Will be following from here forward. This will be a stroll down memory lane for us we did B2B two years ago (2016). We did the crossing in a RS, then an aft C1 for the Japan cruise. We added the Japan segment midway through crossing! Never regretted that decision!

We thoroughly enjoyed the crossing and had terrific weather. Hope you do as well. It was great to arrive Japan rested after the crossing to enjoy ALL that Japan has to offer on the following segment.

I only wish you were calling at Dutch Harbor as that was a terrific first port on the crossing.

We also flew home in business on the ANA flight to SJC from Narita. So we really will be reliving our memories through your posts.

Keep enjoying!

Thanks for coming along. I also was disappointed when they cancelled Dutch Harbor, as I was looking forward to it.

I have hopes of a nice smooth crossing. I keep track of the Sea's using a site:

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=npac_height

5a0cebe19b086c117a5ef449f0a76e34.jpg

The show real time wave height models going out about a week. So far looking good.

They also have a model of Precipitation at:

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=npac_precip

Edited by Jim_Iain

Following along with interest. Can you go into the current changeover process in Vancouver - we'll be in the same situation next year (same cabin on the B2B).

We had a meeting at 1:00 pm today for B2B passengers. There were approx 100 present. They gave out about 12 door prizes. We won a dinner for two at either Tuscan or Qsine. The also gave away bottles of wine, 48 hour internet packages and bags of free laundry.

I attached copies of the fliers and the 2 choices you have. If any questions just ask.

9a715ca8768dfb351027c889605ae1fe.jpg

58a983d9b169f8c2b1217a095f77173a.jpg

9108d8a8f586f3e34eb1faadac34e82e.jpg

We just checked the position of the Millennium on Marine Traffic which has her moving at slightly over 18 knots and off the north end of Vancouver Island. Looking forward to boarding tomorrow and spending four weeks on board.

Gerry

We are currently heading into inland passageway. We are suppose to be around Hanson Island at 5:00pm. Captain Alex said we may see whales at that point as it is narrow with strong currents making it a good feeding zone.

We turned our clocks back last night so back on PDT.

1129f11cc515d974c1730ac2d2d0e7bc.jpg

We had a meeting at 1:00 pm today for B2B passengers. There were approx 100 present. They gave out about 12 door prizes. We won a dinner for two at either Tuscan or Qsine. The also gave away bottles of wine, 48 hour internet packages and bags of free laundry.

Thanks very much for that. Similar to the Constellation last year, but without the freebies or the transit pass.

Enjoy your free dinner!

Our daughter-in-laws parents' boarded today, and I am thrilled to be able to follow along on their cruise. Thank you so much for posting. I signed them up for the Meet N Mingle, but, they never made it to Cruise Critic. We introduced them to Celebrity when we took the Constellation TA in April of 2016 together. We all cruised on the Infinity Panama Canal last October. They are cruising to Japan to visit daughter and son-in-law. They have two daughters and our son is married to the youngest one. Have a wonderful cruise and thanks again for posting LIVE.

Interesting. I've done several B2Bs and even a B2B2B and never were there prizes offered. Hope this is a new thing.

The crew has really been good with the B2B. Very efficient leaving and rejoining the ship. The ship took care of Canadian Customs for us but when coming back to ship we had to clear US immigration as our next port is Sitka, Alaska.

Back in our room we received a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries for consecutive cruisers.

Our daughter-in-laws parents' boarded today, and I am thrilled to be able to follow along on their cruise. Thank you so much for posting. I signed them up for the Meet N Mingle, but, they never made it to Cruise Critic. We introduced them to Celebrity when we took the Constellation TA in April of 2016 together. We all cruised on the Infinity Panama Canal last October. They are cruising to Japan to visit daughter and son-in-law. They have two daughters and our son is married to the youngest one. Have a wonderful cruise and thanks again for posting LIVE.

Nice to hear they are aboard. Maybe we shall meet.

Thanks very much for that. Similar to the Constellation last year, but without the freebies or the transit pass.

Enjoy your free dinner!

The B2B process was really handled really well and was pretty painless. It will be interesting to see how they do it in Yokohama. From the Roll Call it looks like there will be many more than in Vancouver. I would estimate there were 100 B2B's here.

Friday - February 14 - Part 2 Vancouver to Yokohama

Today we begin our second part of this adventure.

We set our alarm for 7:30 to make sure we were up vacate our room by 8:30. At 7:15 Captain Alex came on the PA to advise were in port and they were clearing the ship. Captain Alex is a bit animated and loves to tell long stories and jokes in his announcements. It was a little too much for that time of morning. The ship was cleared at 7:30 and they began walk off.

We grabbed a Coffee and Pastry at Al Bachio and went to Michael's Club to hang out until we went ashore at 9:15. The transit passengers were routed around immigration and luggage pickup and we were out of the terminal within minutes.

The weather today was overcast with occasional showers. The temperature have been moderate and it was very comfortable to walk around and explore Vancouver. We did a bit of shopping and exploring but headed back to the ship around noon. Again the process for B2B was very efficient. We stopped by the Port Agent's Desk and picked up our new sea pass and had our photo taken. We then skirted around where most of the crowds were and sent to U.S. Customs and Boarder Protection. A couple minutes later we were back on-board and ushered to Michael's Club.

I ran into a small problem trying to sign up for Internet on this cruise, but Anton, the Suites Manager, took care of it quickly. Somehow they had my birthdate incorrect on this cruise.

We had lunch at Luminea. I had a 1/2 of a Luminea Burger (they are huge) and Iain choose the Lobster Bisque. Rooms were available at 1:00.

We decided to make a couple bookings at future cruises as they had a promotion of bottle of wine and some gifts if you booked on the first two days of the cruise.

They also have an unusual promotion where they are giving free tips and OBC on TransAtlantic's. That is a first for us as there usually aren't any perks on re-position cruises.

7fe4db733e6c52b9036b2756fbc3e2af.jpg

cc68807dd8419bbdb1b677cda00208c8.jpg

a3aaffd50ffac2651249f1c8bde17e39.jpg

21ff27b8026231684e5943e3fa6b3aed.jpg

c073fbb27965b4b4a96997921b9b7a02.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

AH Canada Place! I so love Vancouver! Can’t wait for the next part of your journey! So thankful you were able to sort out the internet issue!

Thanks Anita - Canada Place is one of the nicest cruise terminals we have visited. Really enjoyed how close it is to public transport as well as Gas Town and the downtown shopping.

I have to say the disembarkation for the people leaving appeared to be orderly and efficient.