Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

Tuesday -

Another day at sea and as we make our crossing internet is becoming very unstable. I have had trouble connecting this morning but was able to get a connection standing outside internet café.

Last night we had a wonderful dinner hosted by Kimberly (HR Manager) and Johnathan (Customer Relations Manager). Dinner was in Tuscan Grill. I'll try posting the menu but not sure of the ability until we get better internet.

We turned our clocks back again last night which makes for a 3rd hour.

74580ad997b8f9e2db5277dea15079ac.jpg

fb83152924ab7d6eac4a40797da5224c.jpg

Thanks for the list of locations for the time zones! We always have a terrible time finding one for our iPhones. I will keep this for reference.

Thanks for doing this. We are on the return cruise in April. And I am an internet user so I appreciate your comments on the service. I am sure I will purchase the unlimited and hope there is some connection at least most of the time. Thanks for the updates.

Sue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the list of locations for the time zones! We always have a terrible time finding one for our iPhones. I will keep this for reference.

Thanks for doing this. We are on the return cruise in April. And I am an internet user so I appreciate your comments on the service. I am sure I will purchase the unlimited and hope there is some connection at least most of the time. Thanks for the updates.

Sue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Surprisingly the internet connectivity has improved since early morning and while slow is pretty solid. I'll keep updating on internet connectivity thoughtout the cruise.

Today's daily had a warning about internet and tv connectivity.

fa141af6678e3fc142983142ca3795f2.jpg

Wednesday - 9/19

We had a nice day at sea yesterday. The temperatures are dropping and are about 44 degrees this morning. Skies are high and overcast. Internet this morning is remarkably strong.

I didn't feel like I did anything except eat and sleep yesterday but I did get in my 20,000 steps. It was a little too windy and cold to do it up on the track so I did it by walking up and down the hallways in loops.

We had lunch in Luminea and I had 1/2 of a lamb burger while Iain had a bowl of soup. We had drinks in Michael's Club followed by dinner in Luminea. We both chose the Chicken Liver Custard as a starter and Iain had the Short Ribs of Beef and I had the Peppered Tuna.

I forgot to mention how people on this cruise dressed on Chic Night. The demographics changed quite a bit on the TP Cruise. I'm guessing the average age has increased to 60-65. There is a nice mixture of nationalities. I'm met guests from Japan, Canada, U.S., Scotland, Australia, Chinese, Belgian, English, Mexican and Philippians. The majority of men wore jackets with about 50/50 with ties. I saw a handful of men in Tux. Ladies of course always seem to dress better than us guys. Saw some beautiful floor length gowns but cocktail dresses and Dark Slacks with pretty sparkly tops were the most common of the evening.

We turned our clocks back for a 4th time last night. The trick we are using to keep up with the constant clock changes is to force ourselves to stay up later each night. I've met some on the ship that say they awoke at 4:00 AM (mostly from the east coast).

We look like we are crossing through the Aleutian Island this morning as there was a large island visible this morning.

0e60c210d8ca5b4ac9bb506728884b2e.jpg

9f4a5ab11721145f249bb13100c43e23.jpg

Jim,

It is a pleasure to journey along side of you. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope my family is having a good time. Do you feel like there are adequate daytime activities? In looking at the dailies, especially today, it seems a bit sparse. We did a TA on the Constellation in 2016 with our family that is currently on board. We had a great time. With that said, I am beginning to wonder if another cruise line like Princess, RCI or even HAL has more to offer on TA's. I am just thinking aloud. I love the Celebrity product, but, the majority of the activities are upcharge activities it seems. The short 45 minute musical sets are also somewhat of a disappointment. I have felt this way for a long time. Btw, my next Celebrity cruise is in 18 days. We are cruising on the Celebrity Summit for 14 nights, Canada/New England. Our most recent cruise was in June on HAL Noordam. We loved it, especially the BB Kings Lounge. My apologies for rambling, LOL! Thank you again for your wonderful LIVE reporting. The crew and officers sound very special.

Jim,

It is a pleasure to journey along side of you. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope my family is having a good time. Do you feel like there are adequate daytime activities? In looking at the dailies, especially today, it seems a bit sparse. We did a TA on the Constellation in 2016 with our family that is currently on board. We had a great time. With that said, I am beginning to wonder if another cruise line like Princess, RCI or even HAL has more to offer on TA's. I am just thinking aloud. I love the Celebrity product, but, the majority of the activities are upcharge activities it seems. The short 45 minute musical sets are also somewhat of a disappointment. I have felt this way for a long time. Btw, my next Celebrity cruise is in 18 days. We are cruising on the Celebrity Summit for 14 nights, Canada/New England. Our most recent cruise was in June on HAL Noordam. We loved it, especially the BB Kings Lounge. My apologies for rambling, LOL! Thank you again for your wonderful LIVE reporting. The crew and officers sound very special.

We are not real big at attending events on the schedule. I have popped in on a couple the Enrichments Series Lectures - very good. I've been noticing that most of the events are well attended.

While the music sets are 45 minutes it seems like there is always something going on somewhere on the ship. The only thing really missing is the bands playing at the pool.

I do a lot of walking even when at sea which takes up about 4 hours a day. On a cold weather cruise I usually do my walking by making loops of the interior decks. During the day I pretty much hit every floor on the ship. Lots of people are sitting around reading today as the temperatures are dropping and we are expecting high winds for the next day. They have closed the exterior decks so the ship is feeling a little more crowded today.

I think there are a number of things going on that aren't listed. The have a sign up in front of Metropolitan that they are playing Bridge and Mahjong daily. The gym also seems to be very popular.

Other things that is popular is afternoon tea. They offer a nice tea daily in OceanLiner with finger sandwiches, scones and cream as well as sweets. They also offer a Elegant Tea for Captain's Club members as well as Tea Daily in Michael's Club.

Michael’s Club has really been busy on this cruise. I suspect it has to do with this being a repositioning cruise and no free drink packages. The have also been hosting events each day while at sea.

9996a0a183776d0606ba12808c2fa536.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quot

There are also a fair number of Zeniths onboard. We receive premium beverage packages but a number of us are in MC daily.

Gerry

How’s the condition of the Millennium itself?

I personally find that Millennium is not at all bad for her age. Walking 12-15 minutes a day has given me the opportunity to walk up and down every hall way from deck 2 to Deck 9. The carpet seems to be in good condition throughout the ship and signs on many floors to being almost new. I've not noticed any of the soft furniture to be in bad condition.

For Millennium to be going into Dry Dock for her major overhaul in 3 months she is in remarkably good condition.

Would love to see the opinion of others.

Wednesday - 9/19

We are suppose to have heavy winds for the next 24 hours and they have closed the outside decks. Captain Alex has cautioned guests to take precautions if prone to sea sickness. He is also cautioning guests to be cautious walking around and use hand rails if needed.

At the current time 7:15 PM (1 hour earlier than Honolulu) we are starting to feel the seas and the ship is rocking a bit.

The picture below is the wave height model for next 24 hours

635e292e8755b2b4768407cf293585d2.jpg

I personally find that Millennium is not at all bad for her age. Walking 12-15 minutes a day has given me the opportunity to walk up and down every hall way from deck 2 to Deck 9. The carpet seems to be in good condition throughout the ship and signs on many floors to being almost new. I've not noticed any of the soft furniture to be in bad condition.

For Millennium to be going into Dry Dock for her major overhaul in 3 months she is in remarkably good condition.

Would love to see the opinion of others.

Thank you so much. We’ll be on board in Nov.