Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

Thanks for the report. Experienced, saavy travelers know how to roll with the punches. Glad you’re enjoying your unexpected adventure and extra time in Yokohama. I couldn’t agree with you more about the Japanese culture of respect and helping others. We were the recipient of their beautiful people time and time again.

Hang in there!

She's now underway, and appears to be heading back to port.

Thanks for information. Behind every storm cloud their is a rainbow.

Celebrity called about 7:30 to let us know that Millennium was on her way back to port and to be ready at 11:45 for the first bus back to the port.

What a beautiful day. We can see Mt. Fuji in the distance.

a18d6fce5651bea47d6c99a104dc2f3e.jpg

4d7e0c34f2fd7016ce5880f5766be0cc.jpg

Just ran down to the mall and grabbed a couple Starbucks and sweet rolls. Surprised that the hotel doesn’t have room service for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loved your little side adventure, maybe you will get some extra shipboard credit out of this. You know there are others who will complain...

I would have love to stayed on the ship and taken my chances with the rough seas.

Norma

Hi Norma -

I would have loved staying aboard also. This is of course in retrospect. I'm sure all would have been fine if we had stayed with the original plans but you can only imagine if the storm intensified and we sailed directly into it. Law Suites for sure.

We were told to collect all of our receipts for expenditures while ashore and we would be reimbursed for them. We got a refund of port charges for Shimizu for the past cruise and guess we will get the same for this cruise.

The crew have all be excellent and at least for B2B's it was very painless and were back on the ship about 10 minutes after leaving the hotel.

Just departed Yokohama.

Muster drill really seemed disorganized. Originally announced for 3:45 they didn’t get started until 4:15. The procedure was also slow as it was being done in English, Canadian French and Japanese.

They never announced it was over and everyone just got up and left.

Sail away was also about an hour late. The port arranged a nice sail away by handing out yellow flags for a festive departure.

YouTube Video

http://

f5f80129b156407dd44a871993cd06c0.jpg

Even our butler came out to see the sail away.

53e05a1678ebb91e6186f5101f1418a3.jpg

Just after departing Yokohama Harbor we were rewarded with a beautiful sunset over Mt Fuji

48075dd7066d8fed1ea8caae7c97e7ae.jpg

As always, I’m enjoying your wonderful live review:) Thanks for sharing your adventures with the rest of us. I’m living vicariously through you and Iain, dreaming of that retirement b2b2b I’ve been planning for years;)

Wonderful to have you along. Retirement has truly been amazing for us and look forward to many years of getting to know more of the world around us.

Hi,

Continuing to follow your wonderful trip. Enjoy my early morning coffee catching up with your blog !

Enjoy the Japanese Explorer leg of your trip...and thanks again for taking us all along !

I was fortunate to have spent a good portion of my childhood (thru HS and again after college) in Asia...but Japan was one of the countries I was never able to travel to...so am especially excited for this portion of your journey !

BBL

Great shot of sunset and Mt Fuji !

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr

We were hoping to do the Alaska - Japan cruise next year, but the cruise was fully booked, due apparently, to the Rugby World Cup in Japan. Anyway, we are going a little earlier in the year with Azamara (got a great deal) and a B2B with Norwegian from Vancouver up to Seward. So exciting destinations and, as we normally cruise with Celebrity, exciting (hopefully) new cruise lines. We will be watching your progress with interest and taking note of any tips! Hope you are having great time.

Did the Japanese Explorer cruise last year and found it wonderful. When in Kobe avoid the low quality beef served on the street at tourist places. Splurge and get the high quality beef if you want a good eating experience.

Have a great cruise!

As Betty Davis said "Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride!"!

Kong-rey strengthening as it heads northwest

10/1/2018 2:11:52 PM

As of Monday afternoon, EDT, Typhoon Kong-rey is strengthening across the Philippine Sea, about 975 miles to the east-southeast of Taipei, Taiwan. Sustained winds are near 115 mph with gusts to 160 mph. Movement is to the northwest at about 10 mph.

Kong-rey is expected to strengthen further over the next 24 hours as it moves to the northwest through an area of limited wind shear and warm water temperatures. Kong-rey could briefly become a super typhoon. A general track to the northwest is expected, which will put the storm near Taiwan, southeast China and the southern Ryukyu Islands during the second half of the week. All interests from Taiwan through Japan will need to monitor the progress of Kong-rey this week.

Elsewhere across the basin, tropical development is not expected during the next several days.

By AccuWeather.com Senior Meteorologist John Gresiak.

Latest information was just delivered to room.

e5a65ee44f918104f0005265b3b146f2.jpg