Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

Thank you so much for posting about the disembarkation process! I had been trying to find out what we would do in April as we desire to disembark on the first day returning there instead of staying overnight and disembarking the second day. So thankful they have a process for this!

Thank you so much for posting about the disembarkation process! I had been trying to find out what we would do in April as we desire to disembark on the first day returning there instead of staying overnight and disembarking the second day. So thankful they have a process for this!

You should have no problem at all leaving on the first day of a B2B. All you need to do is let Celebrity Customer Relations Desk or MCC a couple days in advance with the time that you expect to leave. When you leave the ship they take your sea pass from you.

We are doing the same thing at the end of the Japanese Exploration Cruise.

We had our guide show us how to make reservations for the Yokohama train to Narita. We are planning on going to the station tomorrow and make a reservation and buy tickets tomorrow.

We were up early today as we had a rescheduled tour of Tokyo for today. The temperatures were a warm 80 degrees and we had light drizzle most of the day.

We met our guide at 8:15 at the terminal.

70a1de7e1b74000f5c0f62b2672d8981.jpg

34e53b389170d46932ec4014478c81e7.jpg

We grabbed a cab to the JR Station for a ride into Tokyo Central Station. The station is a beautiful Victorian building and is HUGE.

68508c30b72fdbba494ea39c550ecf60.jpg

eb535ec5bdf6547f5d72d2f4b0604e14.jpg

654bf5d7defa3ac4ec73991aee292404.jpg

We next walked a couple blocks to the Imperial Palace East Garden. It is a beautiful manicured garden and remnants of the walled grounds.

We next visited the Happoen Hotel with their beautiful gardens. We had tea there and viewed their Bonsai collection. Some of their Bonsai were over 200 years old.

There were a number of wedding taking place during our visit.

d39d6e33399fb41f57bd8a5b1d97fd5f.jpg

77e2195178b258c48bc959518455d9ac.jpg

6f44f2ff8d9878f8a860a8ebdc5b6d3b.jpg

4e18e6e16b2bd3612b177f49933b1158.jpg

de3e3a0b6aeaaf0c546b920c54d240d7.jpg

cc866e0ab9c1bb3d7affd868d90f6361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just found this thread, as you're finishing the TP part, we did that last year and had cold rough seas the whole crossing, you really lucked out. We did had great weather in Tokyo, we spent an extra 5 days there and loved it. We had been stationed there waaay back in late 60's, yes, Viet nam time frame. looking forward to your continuing trip.

Sunday - Early

We have Ben advised that Yokohama Port has been closed and B2B were being evacuated to a hotel in Tokyo.

We meet at 0900 and after we leave Millennium is going out to sea to ride out the storm.

Currently mild in Yokohama and a warm 75.

Sunday - Early

We have Ben advised that Yokohama Port has been closed and B2B were being evacuated to a hotel in Tokyo.

We meet at 0900 and after we leave Millennium is going out to sea to ride out the storm.

Currently mild in Yokohama and a warm 75.

Hope all stay safe.

36a6e7ca56c6c124d1aecfa4bc2c5afb.jpg

b77990a83981c31b363d047c0d22e561.jpg

6073990f7040a93c5f3feb99a7b06da1.jpg

Things going slow - b2b’s were instructed to be in Rendezvous Lounge at 9:00. We stayed there for 1:30 hours and then moved to terminal were we waited again then processed and assigned hotels. Anton (suite manager) and John (MCC)are accompanying us ashore

We are now on busses and of course one lady say she has to go to bathroom. It is now 11:25 and still sitting on bus.

We are in the Royal Park Hotel. Just advised to keep receipts for meals and they will be reimbursed.

We are off at last.

f63c1cb68146e2da74db73245ed47ddb.jpg

Millennium just left the dock.

36a6e7ca56c6c124d1aecfa4bc2c5afb.jpg

b77990a83981c31b363d047c0d22e561.jpg

6073990f7040a93c5f3feb99a7b06da1.jpg

Things going slow - b2b’s were instructed to be in Rendezvous Lounge at 9:00. We stayed there for 1:30 hours and then moved to terminal were we waited again then processed and assigned hotels. Anton (suite manager) and John (MCC)are accompanying us ashore

We are now on busses and of course one lady say she has to go to bathroom. It is now 11:25 and still sitting on bus.

We are in the Royal Park Hotel. Just advised to keep receipts for meals and they will be reimbursed.

We are off at last.

f63c1cb68146e2da74db73245ed47ddb.jpg

Millennium just left the dock.

Thanks for an incredible blog so far!

Very interested in this leg of your voyage. Hoping to book this same itinerary in the future whilst onboard Millie from December 8.

Safe onward travels, and enjoy the final part of your incredible journey!

Thanks [emoji4]

Andy

Sent from my G8142 using Forums mobile app

I don't want to barge into Jim's thread, but the second photo in his most recent series is telling -- the man wearing the white shirt is the Michael's Club concierge and he looks exhausted. When we left MC last night they thought that it was likely that the ship would not be able to depart today (so we would have an overnight in port) but did not anticipate that the port would be closed. Was quite the surprise when we received the early morning phone call from the MC concierge telling us to pack an overnight bag.

I also hope that Jim took a few photos of how the staff is preparing the ship. The MC wine and alcohol cases have been emptied. Tables are being upturned. One of the guest relations persons was telling folks to pack for one or two nights, so my husband dashed to our room for an additional set of underwear, and our balcony furniture had aleady been moved inside the stateroom.

Given what the staff had to do I think they did on excellent job. As we watch coverage on Japanese TV from the safety of the hotel room in the Royal Park Hotel my thoughts are with the Japanese people and also with staff taking the Millennium out to sea.

Gerry

I really hope that guests onboard are considerate and patient. Most will be, but I'm sure there will be a few who aren't. In this situation this is a nice advantage to have the use of Michael's and the staff there. Hopefully they will look after the other guests who don't have this benefit. Good wishes to all onboard Millennium.

Phil

I don't want to barge into Jim's thread, but the second photo in his most recent series is telling -- the man wearing the white shirt is the Michael's Club concierge and he looks exhausted. When we left MC last night they thought that it was likely that the ship would not be able to depart today (so we would have an overnight in port) but did not anticipate that the port would be closed. Was quite the surprise when we received the early morning phone call from the MC concierge telling us to pack an overnight bag.

I also hope that Jim took a few photos of how the staff is preparing the ship. The MC wine and alcohol cases have been emptied. Tables are being upturned. One of the guest relations persons was telling folks to pack for one or two nights, so my husband dashed to our room for an additional set of underwear, and our balcony furniture had aleady been moved inside the stateroom.

Given what the staff had to do I think they did on excellent job. As we watch coverage on Japanese TV from the safety of the hotel room in the Royal Park Hotel my thoughts are with the Japanese people and also with staff taking the Millennium out to sea.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry -

I only got a couple pix of the ship and like you said everything is being tied down.

7ef293c0370b4a941976b8ea4dc65112.jpg

I would have to echo you words that the Staff have done a wonderful job with as little time as them must have had to put it together. Last night we had heard that we were going to be spending an additional day in Yokohama so were surprised by the call from John the MCC.

We were at Royal Park Hotel by 11:15 and told that rooms would not be ready until around 3:00. They took our hand luggage and checked in the Cloak Room.

Surprisingly their was calm before the storm. We decided to take a walk down to the Harbor Front and do a little sight seeing. What a beautiful morning and lots to see and do.

0a6cd8c4c751f9afa88c2d561732f5ed.jpg

fcd2e5d31b002752567aa45564ea07ed.jpg

29cbb4563d322ee783acef90fc9ad513.jpg

The tall building is our hotel. Royal Park Hotel

ea67ae6052400b23d236d151b1987d66.jpg

32f049066a97635abf4f37bc87934018.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

I really hope that guests onboard are considerate and patient. Most will be, but I'm sure there will be a few who aren't. In this situation this is a nice advantage to have the use of Michael's and the staff there. Hopefully they will look after the other guests who don't have this benefit. Good wishes to all onboard Millennium.

Phil

Thanks for your warm wishes.

So far all of the guest I have seen are courteous and upbeat. Communication have been very professional and timely.

We decided to make the best of our time so decided to walk to Yokohama Rail Station to figure out the logistics of getting to Narita Airport at the end of our cruise. It is only 3/4 of a mile from our hotel and about 2 from the Cruise Ship Terminal.

They have both train service as well as bus service. The price is roughly the same but the bus service seems to be easier as you don't need to lug you baggage up and down the stairs. At the far end of the Station is Yokohama City Air Terminal (YCAT). It is well signed posted in the terminal but the easiest will be to grab a cab from the Cruise Terminal to YCAT. Advance tickets are not required and the busses leave every 20 minutes. Luggage is stored under the bus and the busses board directly outside the manned ticket counters.

Fare is 3,600 yen but was told that if over 65 they have a Senior Rate of 2,000

We got back to our hotel just as the rains began to come down. Their is a large mall beneath the hotel with many shops and restaurants. We grabbed a quick lunch and then returned to the hotel at 2:15 and our room was ready.

It is a nice hotel and rooms are very comfortable. We are on the 56th floor

85d2061c509cd0946a06bb66ffb15e12.jpg

9faa35e33e151e4746c90c1815d3fa45.jpg

0a380905e0b2aa5f41d4097ac00e659f.jpg

88b6004bc3afad4071cd4204290b50b2.jpg

ad3e96fed95247bc859481c738ba5461.jpg

d24f5a0b3b698490fe495c5dfde7eeab.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thanks Gerry -

I only got a couple pix of the ship and like you said everything is being tied down.

7ef293c0370b4a941976b8ea4dc65112.jpg

I never think to take photos so was hoping you had some to share. We left MC at 8:45 AM to move down to the Rendzvous, and MC looked so strange with the empty cases.

There were several upset folks this morning, but I agree that the staff did the best they could.

And I suspect we were on the same bus to the hotel.

Gerry

Just found this thread, as you're finishing the TP part, we did that last year and had cold rough seas the whole crossing, you really lucked out. We did had great weather in Tokyo, we spent an extra 5 days there and loved it. We had been stationed there waaay back in late 60's, yes, Viet nam time frame. looking forward to your continuing trip.

Loving Japan so far. The people are so kind and respectful.

My father was stationed in Yokohama after the end of WWII and I have a stack of pictures he took while here. Even with our interruption we are enjoying every minute of our trip.

We took a nap this afternoon. Decided to go to the shopping mall beneath the hotel to grab dinner.

We came across a number of guests that let us know everything was closed as they were shutting down the subway and trains.

We took a walk a couple blocks around the hotel. It was really warm and virtually no wind. Not a single place was open. By the time we got back the wind was starting to pick up.

We stopped by the bar and had a couple drinks.

28a153171adb832a978ef2a739668b6c.jpg

Our only choice left for food was room service. They told us they were really backed up and that it would be at least an hour.

The winds are really picking up and blew all the lower clouds away giving us a beautiful view of the city.

69c8cc50be11b96043ef17838b8adfd8.jpg