Harvest Caye

TandK0826

They are included on Great Stirrup Cay, not Harvest Caye. But Harvest Caye is a non tendered port, has a great pool, wildlife exhibit, cute shops. We didn’t think we would like Harvest Caye but wound up having a really good day. Still prefer Great Stirrup Cay though, when the ship actually makes it there.

Oh no!! I was so looking forward to going there cause we have the drink package and thought for sure it would be included. Well that is a bummer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Beautiful island. Great pool. Food and drinks are extra. No more than you would pay on an island of this nature. Just not included in bev or food packages.

Since this is NCL's private island does that mean that the drinks and food are included? Sure hope so!!

Harvest Caye is not a private island for NCL. It is an enterprise shared with Belize so Belize vendors sell the food and drinks. Therefore UBP is not accepted.

Oh no!! I was so looking forward to going there cause we have the drink package and thought for sure it would be included. Well that is a bummer

Harvest Caye is not a true "Private Island" like NCL's Great Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas.

Due to negotiations with Belize, locals work for their living at HC (you would be supporting Belizeans)!

Nonetheless, you can easily enough return (walk) back to the ship for food and drink at any time throughout the day!

And, certainly the island is lovely to visit, even if for a short while.

We had a pool cabana, and did have food delivered to hold us over until we returned to the ship, chips and salsa or guacamole, and various types of wings. It was very reasonable and actually really good. We brought our Yeti’s, filled with drinks from the ship, out with us. We did wind up buying one drink each at the swim up bar.

• Like 1

It does look very pretty!!! Can't wait to go. Anyone try the food? Worth buying? It all looks so good from what I seen.

I was on the cruise when they did the grand opening and was the first ship to stop at HC in November of 2016.

Had some of the food and drinks. Prices were average of any place back home, but it is nice because you can just swipe your ship card and it goes on your account on the ship, so that is convenient.

Food was good, local vendors had some neat things. Talked to one of the business owners, he said some of them are waiting to see how it goes, but all were encouraged.

The island is very nice, the pool is fantastic. I'm going there again in 20 days, looking forward to it.

We had a pool cabana, and did have food delivered to hold us over until we returned to the ship, chips and salsa or guacamole, and various types of wings. It was very reasonable and actually really good. We brought our Yeti’s, filled with drinks from the ship, out with us. We did wind up buying one drink each at the swim up bar.
Good idea on the Yeti's

I was on the cruise when they did the grand opening and was the first ship to stop at HC in November of 2016.

Had some of the food and drinks. Prices were average of any place back home, but it is nice because you can just swipe your ship card and it goes on your account on the ship, so that is convenient.

Food was good, local vendors had some neat things. Talked to one of the business owners, he said some of them are waiting to see how it goes, but all were encouraged.

The island is very nice, the pool is fantastic. I'm going there again in 20 days, looking forward to it.

So your ship card is accepted on the island...don’t need cash or CC?

First I’ve heard that.

So your ship card is accepted on the island...don’t need cash or CC?

First I’ve heard that.

That's how it was on the grand opening November of 2016. They wanted to make it easy and seamless for the guests. At times it had trouble, but it was grand opening.

Since this is NCL's private island does that mean that the drinks and food are included? Sure hope so!!

Unfortunately nothing on the island is included, and you cannot charge anything to your ship board account. Treat it like any other port as far as expenses.

Oh wow!! So you don't need cash to buy food and drinks?? I thought for sure you would. But, I am assuming you would need cash for the shops??
So your ship card is accepted on the island...don’t need cash or CC? First I’ve heard that.

The bar staff on the beach only takes cash and credit cards. No ship charges.

Not anymore. They stopped taking the ship cards a while ago.

Here is the menu for Landshark on Harvest Caye.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56794637&postcount=165

The posts prior to this one in the main thread has some pictures of the pool and beach. Harvest Caye is a wonderful beach day. We had a great time.