$50 Shore Excursion credit for every port?

MIA-CRUISER

I have read some comment and found given $50 shore excursion credit is for every port, is it true? I thought it is only one time credit we can use, but $50 for every port is really great, even I booked non-cruise excursion on Tortola already.

My reservation doesn't show any clue of applying on every port, it says "1x choice Shore Excursion credit"

It is the first cruise for me and my family, so I have so many questions. Thank you for help in advance!

I have read some comment and found given $50 shore excursion credit is for every port, is it true? I thought it is only one time credit we can use, but $50 for every port is really great, even I booked non-cruise excursion on Tortola already.

My reservation doesn't show any clue of applying on every port, it says "1x choice Shore Excursion credit"

It is the first cruise for me and my family, so I have so many questions. Thank you for help in advance!

It is by port but if you don't take a ship sponsored excursion, you don't get the credit. For example if you stay on ship or simply get off the ship a walk around by yourself, you don't get the $50 credit for that particular port.

That non cruise excursion you already booked might still be cheaper than booking through NCL with the $50 credit.

It's a one-time credit. At least that's how it was on my Getaway cruise last December.

My cruise is Getaway too, on OCT. :confused: So you had issue to apply your shore excursion credit for multiple port?

Edited by MIA-CRUISER

Yes, the credit is for every port where you take a Norwegian booked excursion. $50 per cabin, not per guest, and it just comes off of your excursion fee, so a $100 excursion only costs $50 for the first guest.

Thank you! I should consider NCL excursion for St. Thomas / Nassau if we can apply $50 every port.

That non cruise excursion you already booked might still be cheaper than booking through NCL with the $50 credit.

Jaja, maybe you're right. I booked Norman Island/ the Indians through Aristocat Charters which has great reputation and cost is almost same, but I can expect less people and more time, which is awsome.

Yes it is every port. If you book the excursion on the ship it will show a $50 credit on the bill. If you prepay an excursion through NCL you will get a $50 OBC when the excursion is completed. Must be a NCL excursion, no credit for your booked non-NCL excursion.

BUT do not pay for the NCL excursions up front. Phone the Miami Shorex number and reserve the tours. Then you will be charged for the shorex on your folio (less any Platinum discount). Then when you have done the shorex the $50 will credited to your folio.

$50 per CABIN per PORT for NCL Shorex ONLY .

BUT do not pay for the NCL excursions up front. Phone the Miami Shorex number and reserve the tours. Then you will be charged for the shorex on your folio (less any Platinum discount). Then when you have done the shorex the $50 will credited to your folio.

$50 per CABIN per PORT for NCL Shorex ONLY .

Thank you, I think I can use concierge for this shore excursion booking on board, not in advance. :-)

Thank you! so, it means even we can use this credit on disembarkation day "Hop on Hop off in Miami?" Good to know!

Yep. I just booked this one (and five other excursions) through the NCL Shore Excursions desk. In the past, I've been hesitant to accept the idea of riding around Miami in an open air bus but, with a 7 p.m. flight from FLL, and a big discount on this "excursion" it seems like a no brainer.

But I didn't know it could be used for a shell at the "private islands". Everyday I learn something here.

Best,

MD

Thank you! so, it means even we can use this credit on disembarkation day "Hop on Hop off in Miami?" Good to know!

While you should get the credit for disembarkation day, we found that we had to contact NCL to get it and they cheerfully agreed to have it reserved on our account for our next sailing as a OBC rather then credit our card. They will not give the shore excursion credit until after the excursion is over, likely avoid crediting folks cancelling at the last moment.

It depends on the promo you got when you booked. Some do have 1 $50 per port and some have 1 $50 period.

Its $50 per person in the cabin, so the only time I used it vs. private excursion were in a couple of cities on my Baltic in June, we did the hop on/off thru NCL. Both were about $49 each, so to us it was a FREE ticket to ride.

Agree with another poster, usually private planned excursions are way better/cheaper than even using the $50 OBC using the ship tours.

Very strange that for us it's per cabin not per person. Maybe it's for my cruise. But I would suggest seeing that there are definitely differences that you know for sure how much credit you are getting.

Shore Excursions Promotional Credit

$50 USD per port Shore Excursion Promotional Credit

• QTY:1

We have never had $50 per person it has always been $50 per cabin. But on a cruise next year we have both the Distinctive Voyage and Free at Sea perks that is $50 each per cabin which does work out at $50 per person. That is the only way I could get to $50 per person.