Summer 2020 schedules.

majortom10

Here is that earlier thread where I posted what I found on some cruise booking web sites here in the US in early August.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2662811

I do have a couple concerns about what is happening this year though. In previous years, we would have heard from Cunard by now, not necessarily announcing the schedules, but at least telling us when that announcement is going to be made and when those 2020 sailings will be going on sale. So far I have not heard anything from Cunard. If anyone else has, I'll be glad to hear the details.

Secondly, those 2020 itineraries have subsequently been removed from each of the sites where I was able to find them in early August. They were removed from one site by mid-August and from another about a week later. So I'm not sure what's going on with the summer 2020 Cunard itineraries at this point.

+

my TA said release on 13th Sept booking opens 24th Sept

Thanks for that update. Looking back to the release of the 2019 schedule, I see reports of email received from Cunard on 21 August 2017 stating the schedule would be released on 5 September 2017 with booking opening on 14 September 2017 for Cunard World Club Members. Kind of odd that no one has reported receiving email yet this year about this since the release date is apparently only a week away now.

Thanks for that update. Looking back to the release of the 2019 schedule, I see reports of email received from Cunard on 21 August 2017 stating the schedule would be released on 5 September 2017 with booking opening on 14 September 2017 for Cunard World Club Members. Kind of odd that no one has reported receiving email yet this year about this since the release date is apparently only a week away now.

received emails from 2 TA's last week stating they were coming soon but with date I was invited to register but did not do so. My TA indicated they had sight of them but could not give any info also saying that Cunard usually gave very short notice of release 24-48 hours

received emails from 2 TA's last week stating they were coming soon but with date I was invited to register but did not do so. My TA indicated they had sight of them but could not give any info also saying that Cunard usually gave very short notice of release 24-48 hours

The plot thickens. I've dug into my email archives for the past couple years and see that I did not actually receive any email from Cunard about the 2018 or 2019 summer schedules until the days they were released (6 September 2016 and 5 September 2017). Maybe the only thing different about this year is that they are waiting an extra week.

Corrrection: I did receive an email from Cunard on 29 August 2016 announcing "2018 voyages coming soon" on 6 September 2016. But none last year about the 2019 voyages until they were released.

Edited by bluemarble

As far s the UK goes I think that the reason why they are later is because P&O have the sale of their new ship Iona from 13th Sept and all other ships from 17th Sept so Cunard will be later to stop heavy workload on booking staff in Southampton.

As far s the UK goes I think that the reason why they are later is because P&O have the sale of their new ship Iona from 13th Sept and all other ships from 17th Sept so Cunard will be later to stop heavy workload on booking staff in Southampton.

Thought PO and Cunard have different booking teams. Our PCS moved from PO to Cunard, and only takes Cunard bookings. Happy to be corrected.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
predictive text error