Which Haven Room For Us?

Saraphine

I have previously sailed in an aft-facing penthouse. It was a gorgeous room, but I did feel a bit detached from the Haven, and perhaps a little forgotten by our butler. Not that it was onerous to walk to the Haven space from our room, it wasn't as quickly and easily accessible as if we had stayed right there, and as such we rarely made use of the Haven Lounge. Since then I wondered if I would have had a better experience if I had booked a room directly in the Courtyard. I am thinking about booking the Haven again, but as it will just be two of us cruising this time, I do not need such a large room. I am considering three different suites:

Forward Penthouse:

I like that the bedroom is separate (and the size of the room in general), but have never sailed at the front of the ship before. I do get motion sick so not sure how that would affect things. I also do not like that the balcony is very tiny. Would I again feel a little left out for not staying in the Courtyard?

Spa Suite:

The in-suite whirlpool in the room might be a neat feature, but is it actually something we would use? Access to the Thermal Suite also sounds rather enticing, but I still question whether I would want to be in the Courtyard.

Courtyard Penthouse:

I am not super thrilled that there is no separate sleeping area. The only perk to this room seems to be that it is in the actual Haven Courtyard, although I am not sure that is enough of a perk to book this room.

I would appreciate any feedback from those who have stayed in these types of rooms, and especially any thoughts on if there are any benefits to staying directly in the Courtyard.

Thank you!

<3

We have stayed in all three rooms.

We loved the forward facing penthouse with the separate living room. Great value for money. But it is a hike to get to the forward stairs (every time you go to the room) and to the Haven lounge. The balcony is tiny. The forward facing porthole is cool with lots and lots of drawers.

Spa rooms are our room of choice (Haven or mini). Close to the forward stairs (I.e., closest to Haven without being in the Haven-maybe not on the Bliss or Encore). We used the whirlpool every day. And we use the spa Thermal Suite daily.

Haven courtyard. Great being right in the Haven complex, but he rooms are expensive and the small.

Out of the three, we would pick the Spa Haven.

If it works for your budget, consider the 2-bedroom as well. We've stayed in one with only two people and the second bedroom is an excellent closet/dressing area. Plus, it can be nice to have an extra bathroom. The master bath is great and we love having the separate living area.

Are you on one of the ships that has the bar and restaurant in the Haven? If so, my DH is adamant that we only get a Haven suite. I would be okay with any of the 3, but he likes being inside the Haven....and this is after I explain that we have to pay for spa passes extra if we don't get the spa suite. Its just what your priorities are....

Personally, if the Haven doesn't have the bar and restaurant, I don't have to be inside. However, I don't sit around the pool, either.

we sailed the haven back in march !! it is truly bad ! the service sucks ! but, if you haven’t experienced anything like this before, you will love it. we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Such an odd comment. You didn’t like it but others will love it? I believe all vacations are what you make of them. But I am intrigued... what ship were you on and what made it so bad for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it’s not odd at all ! if you read my statement! if you never experienced a class of service like this, you would love the haven!! we stayed on the breakaway !! it was not worth the money, when you have experienced a suite class from a cruise line like, celebrity !! thats when you truly experience real service!! from start to finish !! there is nothing they can’t make happen!! that’s is worth 12k a person !!

I agree with brookie848 (and not just because that is my nickname for my favorite neice0, the 2br villa is amazing! :D That bathroom is almost worth the price alone. It becomes more affordable with three adults (we use it when my sister travels with us).

But I have also struggled with the same questions that you have - some of the Haven rooms simply are not worth the upcharge in my view. If you are paying $1,000’s just for it to be Haven, I pass. We love the Haven, but if we aren’t getting the 2br 2ba version then we may opt for an Owner’s Suite on a Royal Caribbean ship or something similar.

Lynn

I agree with brookie848 (and not just because that is my nickname for my favorite neice0, the 2br villa is amazing! :D That bathroom is almost worth the price alone. It becomes more affordable with three adults (we use it when my sister travels with us).

But I have also struggled with the same questions that you have - some of the Haven rooms simply are not worth the upcharge in my view. If you are paying $1,000’s just for it to be Haven, I pass. We love the Haven, but if we aren’t getting the 2br 2ba version then we may opt for an Owner’s Suite on a Royal Caribbean ship or something similar.

Lynn

i have stayed in the 2 bedroom and the aft penthouse i would take the walk even if it was a mile to have that balcony! plus you have an extra bathroom as well! never missed being in the actual "haven"and never think the butler does anything much no matter what room we are in!

i have stayed in the 2 bedroom and the aft penthouse i would take the walk even if it was a mile to have that balcony! plus you have an extra bathroom as well! never missed being in the actual "haven"and never think the butler does anything much no matter what room we are in!

Smong - we haven’t stayed in the aft penthouse as yet, I have been far too addicted to that master bath in the 2 br :') We like the balcony fine in that one, it’s enough for us but nothing amazing. But hubby loves the balconies and that is why we wanted to try the Owner’s Suite on the RC Allure (the balcony is huge, almost 250 sq ft with large table for 4 and two full size lounge chairs - it juts out mid ship for amazing views). But we definitely hope to try those aft penthouses... so many options, so few weeks a person can take for vacation when they are their own boss :o

Lynn

Smong - we haven’t stayed in the aft penthouse as yet, I have been far too addicted to that master bath in the 2 br :') We like the balcony fine in that one, it’s enough for us but nothing amazing. But hubby loves the balconies and that is why we wanted to try the Owner’s Suite on the RC Allure (the balcony is huge, almost 250 sq ft with large table for 4 and two full size lounge chairs - it juts out mid ship for amazing views). But we definitely hope to try those aft penthouses... so many options, so few weeks a person can take for vacation when they are their own boss :o

Lynn

Same bathroom in the aft penthouse as the 2 bedroom. And once you have that balcony it’s hard to go back to a regular one!

Same bathroom in the aft penthouse as the 2 bedroom. And once you have that balcony it’s hard to go back to a regular one!

Smong - The aft penthouse has the same master bath with the huge tub with the picture window over it and the big shower with the multi shower heads and the full window?! Ok, I somehow missed that fact! I had understood it was only in that 2 Br 2 Ba! The Major lllloooovvvveeees the big balcony’s, we will definitely have to try that one out!

Lynn

Smong - The aft penthouse has the same master bath with the huge tub with the picture window over it and the big shower with the multi shower heads and the full window?!

Not always.

On BA/GA, the aft-facing H6 with the bathroom like the H4 (bathroom with a view) is any deck other than 11 or 14.

On Escape, Bliss, Joy, or Encore. the H6 with a bathroom with a view is either deck 11 or 14.

Not always.

On BA/GA, the aft-facing H6 with the bathroom like the H4 (bathroom with a view) is any deck other than 11 or 14.

On Escape, Bliss, Joy, or Encore. the H6 with a bathroom with a view is either deck 11 or 14.

Thanks twowheels! I am going to write that down, I wouldn’t want to cause an international scene over a bathroom once on board, it’s not how I would want to make news! ;)

Thanks twowheels! I am going to write that down, I wouldn’t want to cause an international scene over a bathroom once on board, it’s not how I would want to make news! ;)

Here is a video of an aft Haven balcony on the Getaway. The bathroom was amazing! And the balcony? *swoon*

Here is a video of an aft Haven balcony on the Getaway. The bathroom was amazing! And the balcony? *swoon*

Thanks! I had not seen that clip. Yep, it’s like the 2br minus the other bed and bath (or part of the bath LOL). My only disappointment is the windows in the master bath looking onto the deck rather the water - I cannot lie, those windows overlooking the water make me ridiculously happy :D:cool:. It might be that the balcony is enough to offset that deficit. So I will just have to try it and see! Hmmm... April 2019 maybe, or where shall we go?!

Thanks so much again for sharing that, I had not realized there were other options for my beloved :') Have. bathroom!

Lynn