LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

Out of pure curiosity I priced a GS on Symphony for the 4 of us April 20-27 which is our son’s spring break and the price is $14,228. If I paid that price and experienced some of the things I have experienced in this suite I would be PISSED to put it mildly.

This ship is beautiful and as always the staff in CK and Coastal Kitchen are wonderful if not a bit stretched and over worked. We feel we got great value for this cruise and feel we booked an amazing deal on Symphony. Once the boys get a little older and we are forced to travel during high season cruising will take a back seat for us.

See you all later tonight!

You will not have many P’s during this time period. Harmony had 0 P’s during one week in April this past Spring. Another week had 4 and our week had 7 (we were last week in April).

Instead of thinking is as $14k, think of it as $3500 per person. Symphony will hold higher prices for a couple of years as she is the newest. Harmony was the same way. We didn’t sail on her until prices came down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What shows and activities do you recommend. I will be on Harmony in February. It will be our first time on a large ship.

The kids LOVE the Fine Line show. It really is a nice production. Have not done any other shows because the kids can’t stay focused that long and frankly we’ve never really cared for the shows in the theatre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room service this morning took an hour and a half to arrive (I ordered at 7:00 am). I asked the man on the phone if they had eggs benedict and he said no. I walked down to the MDR to check the menu and guess what? They have eggs benedict. Second time I deal with someone who does not know that suites can order from MDR menu. When the breakfast was delivered the server handed me a receipt and then explained that we were charged but he would remove it because he didn’t know we were in a suite.

Good luck trying to order MDR menu items to your suite. I’m done trying.

Room service this morning took an hour and a half to arrive (I ordered at 7:00 am). I asked the man on the phone if they had eggs benedict and he said no. I walked down to the MDR to check the menu and guess what? They have eggs benedict. Second time I deal with someone who does not know that suites can order from MDR menu. When the breakfast was delivered the server handed me a receipt and then explained that we were charged but he would remove it because he didn’t know we were in a suite.

The fact the you keep having issues with this is worrisome to me. It is one of the perks that we were looking forward to on our October sailing for a dinner and for breakfast.

We order ours before going to bed. Never had an issue with them not showing up on time. We almost always order coffee and some fruit for around 7. We get a phone call about 6:15 they are on the way. Never ordered room service in the morning. I think it’s suggested in your book in the Suite to place your order the night before.

I guess people have different expectations. If we failed to order the night before and we woke up wanting something, I would run up to either the SL or WJ and bring it back to the room while the boss is getting ready.

We order ours before going to bed. Never had an issue with them not showing up on time. We almost always order coffee and some fruit for around 7. We get a phone call about 6:15 they are on the way. Never ordered room service in the morning. I think it’s suggested in your book in the Suite to place your order the night before.

I guess people have different expectations. If we failed to order the night before and we woke up wanting something, I would run up to either the SL or WJ and bring it back to the room while the boss is getting ready.

I was trying to order MDR food not regular room service food. They said it would take 30-40 minutes and I ordered approximately an hour before the kids were to wake up.

Doing a B2B October 6th and 13th in a GS....because #1 Wanted to do Harmony (we are small to medium size ship folk) and #2, 7 days isn't long enough for me to unwind.... Concerned about crowding in the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen, which were two reasons we upgraded from a junior suite. Not buying the drink package we were going to take advantage of the "cocktail hour(s)" in the suite lounge. Now I wonder..

Doing a B2B October 6th and 13th in a GS....because #1 Wanted to do Harmony (we are small to medium size ship folk) and #2, 7 days isn't long enough for me to unwind.... Concerned about crowding in the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen, which were two reasons we upgraded from a junior suite. Not buying the drink package we were going to take advantage of the "cocktail hour(s)" in the suite lounge. Now I wonder..

Take what you read in this thread with “a grain of salt”.

You’ll be fine. The staff in this SL and CK are lovely people. It has not felt crowded. But the complaints I have are real and unfortunate and they have not spoiled our cruise at all. Come and enjoy.

I was trying to order MDR food not regular room service food. They said it would take 30-40 minutes and I ordered approximately an hour before the kids were to wake up.

Never paid much attention to MDR breakfast menu. We seldom eat in the MDR. I actually can’t remember having breakfast in the MDR. What does the MDR have for breakfast that Room Service doesn’t offer. I might learn something.

Never paid much attention to MDR breakfast menu. We seldom eat in the MDR. I actually can’t remember having breakfast in the MDR. What does the MDR have for breakfast that Room Service doesn’t offer. I might learn something.

The eggs benedict that the improperly trained man on the phone this morning said I couldn’t have.

The eggs benedict that the improperly trained man on the phone this morning said I couldn’t have.

I’m not a Benedict fan. Wasn’t aware it wasn’t on Room Service menu.

I know GS and higher are permitted to order MDR food from the menu. I never assumed it was for anything other than Dinner. Learn something new each day.

First off, if you wish to eat in CK - book your dinner reservations by responding to the email you will receive from the concierge. You will receive written confirmation. You can always cancel a day if you decide to eat elsewhere but experience has shown me that reservations fill up once guests no longer have the BOGO option.

One Harmony cruise had 140 Pinnacle on board. Suite guests finally took seats at the dining tables much to the CK hostess’s unhappiness. Or you might find a nice seat if you show up by 3pm. Our Oasis cruise only had 35 Ps on board, reservation issues same as above but at least you could get a seat at 6pm.

You can and probably will enjoy yourself. Go in with lower expectations since you don’t appear to wear the badge. The staff may surprise you.

Yes, we had to go to the bar to order and carry our drinks back to the table or chair, good exercise. Most nights didn’t get a dessert or coffee, be persistent if interested or tell your waiter in advance if you run into a similar experience.

Staff was rushed off their feet and couldn’t provide service I receive on other cruise lines for a suite experience. HAL doesn’t have a suite dining room but they had, in my opinion, better MDR food than what was served in CK.

Snacks were the same as in DL and refilled on a pretty regular basis by a bartender.

Breakfast and lunch were never super busy.

First off, if you wish to eat in CK - book your dinner reservations by responding to the email you will receive from the concierge. You will receive written confirmation. You can always cancel a day if you decide to eat elsewhere but experience has shown me that reservations fill up once guests no longer have the BOGO option.

One Harmony cruise had 140 Pinnacle on board. Suite guests finally took seats at the dining tables much to the CK hostess’s unhappiness. Or you might find a nice seat if you show up by 3pm. Our Oasis cruise only had 35 Ps on board, reservation issues same as above but at least you could get a seat at 6pm.

You can and probably will enjoy yourself. Go in with lower expectations since you don’t appear to wear the badge. The staff may surprise you.

Yes, we had to go to the bar to order and carry our drinks back to the table or chair, good exercise. Most nights didn’t get a dessert or coffee, be persistent if interested or tell your waiter in advance if you run into a similar experience.

Staff was rushed off their feet and couldn’t provide service I receive on other cruise lines for a suite experience. HAL doesn’t have a suite dining room but they had, in my opinion, better MDR food than what was served in CK.

Snacks were the same as in DL and refilled on a pretty regular basis by a bartender.

Breakfast and lunch were never super busy.

Spot on. Almost every night I get up to get my own drinks at dinner because the poor staff is overwhelmed and trying their best and I want to be helpful.

• Like 1

Spot on. Almost every night I get up to get my own drinks at dinner because the poor staff is overwhelmed and trying their best and I want to be helpful.

Andy, did you ever figure out how many servers?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Andy, could you please look and see if Steve is still waiting in the CK? If so, tell him the “Punisher “ will be on 9/29 and we hope he is our waiter.

a6c603dd099ec05bd278394ad2a0df56.jpg

Isn't it rather bizarre for them to indicate they didn't know you were in a suite? Why would they not know a suite by the cabin numbers?

Duh, I'm stupid. I finally figured out why you keep saying a GS is $10K. You have 4 people in there. Yeah, Symphony GS next year was showing $6700 while Harmony is around $6 and Allure around $5700.

Perhaps a gentle comment to the SL concierge would clear up your room service issues. They have always been very helpful to us with any thing. I think you're being asked about in the SL since there seem to be people here on your sailing. ;) Methinks you might be in trouble for your badge comments. :D :D I've met many lovely P's but have also experienced some members of the Entitlement Club. Happily, the lovely ones are the majority.

I would imagine any service issues are going to be addressed sooner rather than later - isn't the President's Cruise on this ship in a few weeks?

Duh, I'm stupid. I finally figured out why you keep saying a GS is $10K. You have 4 people in there. Yeah, Symphony GS next year was showing $6700 while Harmony is around $6 and Allure around $5700.

Perhaps a gentle comment to the SL concierge would clear up your room service issues. They have always been very helpful to us with any thing. I think you're being asked about in the SL since there seem to be people here on your sailing. ;) Methinks you might be in trouble for your badge comments. :D :D I've met many lovely P's but have also experienced some members of the Entitlement Club. Happily, the lovely ones are the majority.

I would imagine any service issues are going to be addressed sooner rather than later - isn't the President's Cruise on this ship in a few weeks?

Your not stupid and you know it. Lol

Yes, 9/29 is the Presidents Cruise and we are on it.