kunash

The new Full Drinks Package on Azura at the moment.....

Oh that’s not good - I’d be mad! Surely something must have been decided by now?? Anyone have any recent news from Azura or any other ship?

If you didn't book the package, but you still used £40 pppd what difference would it make?  It just sounds a helluva lot to me.  Can 't believe it's a good deal.

11 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

If you didn't book the package, but you still used £40 pppd what difference would it make?  It just sounds a helluva lot to me.  Can 't believe it's a good deal.

We would not book the package as we drink very little but as I understand it some people are prepared to buy the package even though it may not work out as a saving to them but it will mean that they know in advance exactly what their spending will be.

When are P&O going to announce what is happening with this?  I assume by the deafening silence it has been dropped 

From what has been posted elsewhere (so not official) the staff didn't like the package..too complicated with the 15 min thing, and people wanting to get drinks for friends, etc etc etc. I know those who want the package would like it cheaper, but pando know what their spends are by passengers on s=drinks, so you would have the high spenders and the low spenders, pick a price in the middle. they have to make a profit on it.

3 hours ago, the english lady said:

From what has been posted elsewhere (so not official) the staff didn't like the package..too complicated with the 15 min thing, and people wanting to get drinks for friends, etc etc etc. I know those who want the package would like it cheaper, but pando know what their spends are by passengers on s=drinks, so you would have the high spenders and the low spenders, pick a price in the middle. they have to make a profit on it.

I doubt very much that the opinion of staff who serve passengers drinks, whether they’re on or off a drinks package, would be a factor in P&O’s decision making though? Profit would be their only consideration I would have thought. 

Wish they would just say one way or another so future cruisers can plan ahead 

2 hours ago, Caravan 37 said:

I doubt very much that the opinion of staff who serve passengers drinks, whether they’re on or off a drinks package, would be a factor in P&O’s decision making though? Profit would be their only consideration I would have thought. 

Wish they would just say one way or another so future cruisers can plan ahead 

I would hope they do listen to their staff as the viability of the scheme depends on them and therefore the profit.

Upsetting the  majority who will not take the deal by having poor service with staff being tied up with those with the deal is going to hit the bottom line.

2 hours ago, daiB said:

I would hope they do listen to their staff as the viability of the scheme depends on them and therefore the profit.

Upsetting the  majority who will not take the deal by having poor service with staff being tied up with those with the deal is going to hit the bottom line.

There is a domino effect with a package system as you mention. There aren't more people in a full  bar just more orders.  I wouldn't categorize it as poor service for I have seen waiters run off their feet.  No matter who they serve, the cash sale or the package holder, someone shall come last.  And I'll add another little hiccup in all this, and we too are guilty, offering a cash tip to the waiter to prompt return service which does offend some on both sides of the house.   I don't see pando's incentive to increase the number of waiters only to have to lay out more 'package' drinks.  And as I have covered in other postings, there could never be a fear of not making a handsome profit at the mark-up applied to their duty and tax free spirit costs.

2 hours ago, daiB said:

I’d have thought the staff would be glad of something to do - given how little everyone claims to spend on alcohol. By the same token don’t see how ‘service’ would be affected either if the package is so expensive and hardly anyone buys it.

3 minutes ago, Caravan 37 said:

I’d have thought the staff would be glad of something to do - given how little everyone claims to spend on alcohol. By the same token don’t see how ‘service’ would be affected either if the package is so expensive and hardly anyone buys it.

No the staff have plenty to do especially at the busy times before dinner. Making it more expensive would seem an excellent idea, but get rid of all the restrictions.