Luggage tag issue

mugwood

I just learned the secret.

You have to print your express pass before the system allows you to order luggage tags. It can take up to 24 hours after you print out the express pass for the luggage tag button to work.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi ghstudio -

I believe you only need to complete the “online check-in” process. At least I did and was able to request the tags after a day or two. I haven’t printed the express pass as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ghstudio -

I believe you only need to complete the “online check-in” process. At least I did and was able to request the tags after a day or two. I haven’t printed the express pass as yet.

That has always been my experiences.

I don’t worry about the luggage tags any more. Why should I use the ink in my printer and taking the time to apply them? When I get to the port the luggage porters will always have their hand out ( extortion) for a tip to take your luggage and place it into a rack. If I am paying them they can use their time to fill out a tag and apply it 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Maybe because I'm retired, I have the two minutes it takes to attach the luggage tags to the bags. I didn't realize printer ink was so expensive. You forgot about the paper and the staples to attach them, which probably doubles the cost up to maybe a nickle or dime each. You know that they could be printed out in black and white to cut the cost? Maybe you should start a Go Fund Me page to recoup the cost of materials and time.

Maybe because I'm retired, I have the two minutes it takes to attach the luggage tags to the bags. I didn't realize printer ink was so expensive. You forgot about the paper and the staples to attach them, which probably doubles the cost up to maybe a nickle or dime each. You know that they could be printed out in black and white to cut the cost? Maybe you should start a Go Fund Me page to recoup the cost of materials and time.

Is that really necessary? Apparently too much time on your hands.

I am just trying to be helpful. And yes ink is very expensive according to Consumers Report it is $50/oz $6400/gal.

https://www.consumerreports.org/printers/the-high-cost-of-wasted-printer-ink/

So print out your luggage tags and apply them if that makes you happy. I will continue to let them do it at the port. It is also easier for those that are flying as it is recommended to put the tags on after the flight.

I appriciate the go fund me but I doubt many if any would donate so I won’t depend on it. 🤑

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You wouldn’t expect them to mail something All the way across the Atlantic would you??? I mean, gosh, it might cost 10cents more!

It is not question of costs, but of time. :D It seems that Celebrity uses "swimming mail". One Celebrity Brochure took 6 months to go across Atlantic. Our Captain Club mails arrives just one week before end of deal (and the letter is dated few months earlier).

Celebrity ships seem more speedy, and also the food seems fresh. I think they have just some issues with the post office. ;p

not true printed mine last night sail next week on Revelation

I think the poster you quoted meant that X mails (if requested) tags to passengers who reside in the US and Canada. Residents of the US and Canada may also print their tags. Passengers outside of the US and Canada don't have the option of getting the tags mailed to them and must print them.

I am just trying to be helpful. And yes ink is very expensive according to Consumers Report it is $50/oz $6400/gal.

https://www.consumerreports.org/printers/the-high-cost-of-wasted-printer-ink/

So print out your luggage tags and apply them if that makes you happy. I will continue to let them do it at the port. It is also easier for those that are flying as it is recommended to put the tags on after the flight.

I appriciate the go fund me but I doubt many if any would donate so I won’t depend on it. 🤑

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You can do whatever you want as far as luggage tags are concerned and you owe no one an explanation why. To volunteer cost and time needed to do it as a reason is lame. A google search tells me it cost about $.03 per full page for printing in black ink and the tags are aren't a full page. Printer paper cost me $.005 per sheet. Two printed tags cost about $.07. Two minutes to print them and one minute to attach them at the pier. And the cruise cost thousands of dollars and takes a whole lot longer than three minutes to execute. I make the time up by not waiting for them to make out and attach tags at the dock.:confused: :confused:If things are tight, I'll spring for the $.07.

Love this comment and agree.