Carnival Sunrise ship has USB ports at the headboard!

INCHARGE

A cruiser already on the Triumph had one of the newly renovated cabins on deck 7, and a USB outlet is between the beds! Also had a mini fridge and the new colors and fixtures like the Horizon.. I wonder if all of the existing cabins from deck 1 to the top will have these renovations done by the time she sails as the Sunrise? Are these changes going to be just select suites and new cabins? I know it will be a while before it goes in for total renovations, but they have already started while people are cruising. Has anyone gotten any solid info on the cabins other than the new ones? Thanks.

6B6988A0-36F7-4B87-AB9E-AE9252171E4A.jpeg

I was on the Oct 8 sailing and we had a renovated room on Deck 7.  They had completed the whole deck and had started on 8.  Very noisy! Everything was new and all the colors were that of Vista/Horizon.  They installed the fridge on our sailing.  I walked on the other decks and the renovation is a total improvement.  It went from dark and dreary to light and bright.  I believe all cabins will probably be done before they sail for dry dock.  I think someone said they take 20 rooms out at a time and it takes 40 days (or it's the opposite can't quite remember!).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trvlgirlmq said:

I was on the Oct 8 sailing and we had a renovated room on Deck 7.  They had completed the whole deck and had started on 8.  Very noisy! Everything was new and all the colors were that of Vista/Horizon.  They installed the fridge on our sailing.  I walked on the other decks and the renovation is a total improvement.  It went from dark and dreary to light and bright.  I believe all cabins will probably be done before they sail for dry dock.  I think someone said they take 20 rooms out at a time and it takes 40 days (or it's the opposite can't quite remember!).

Thank You so much for this information! I was so happy to hear this. I do feel so bad for the people who paid their fares to have to hear this noise on their cruises.

29 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Thank you for this current information. We head out, on Triumph, in a few days. We’re looking to see the old shows, once more, before they are gone forever. Did you notice if any work has been done on Deck 6 yet?

No work on Deck 6 rooms. Deck 7 complete and they started on the Aft cabins for Deck 8. 

42 minutes ago, INCHARGE said:

Hi. No, it’s the Triumph, soon to be the Sunrise.

Thank you, I realize the Triumph is soon to be the Sunrise, my question was, does anyone know if the UBS ports are on the Carnival Sunshine yet? Sorry for the confusion.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, INCHARGE said:

A cruiser already on the Triumph had one of the newly renovated cabins on deck 7, and a USB outlet is between the beds! Also had a mini fridge and the new colors and fixtures like the Horizon.. I wonder if all of the existing cabins from deck 1 to the top will have these renovations done by the time she sails as the Sunrise? Are these changes going to be just select suites and new cabins? I know it will be a while before it goes in for total renovations, but they have already started while people are cruising. Has anyone gotten any solid info on the cabins other than the new ones? Thanks.

6B6988A0-36F7-4B87-AB9E-AE9252171E4A.jpeg

That's my photo! I was in balcony cabin 7365 on the 10/8 thru 10/13 cruise. There's also two more USB ports on the desk/dresser by the cabin phone as well as an electrical outlet with two plugs instead of one. The only info anyone is getting is the info that guests are sharing as they cruise. Carnival is actually still denying any renovations are happening on the ship until the drydock next year even though plenty of people are posting photos and anecdotal evidence that shows otherwise. 

Edited by MediumB
added more info

8 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Thank you for this current information. We head out, on Triumph, in a few days. We’re looking to see the old shows, once more, before they are gone forever. Did you notice if any work has been done on Deck 6 yet?

We will be on her in December on the 6th deck. Let me know if they have done anything there.

52 minutes ago, MediumB said:

That's my photo! I was in balcony cabin 7365 on the 10/8 thru 10/13 cruise. There's also two more USB ports on the desk/dresser by the cabin phone as well as an electrical outlet with two plugs instead of one. The only info anyone is getting is the info that guests are sharing as they cruise. Carnival is actually still denying any renovations are happening on the ship until the drydock next year even though plenty of people are posting photos and anecdotal evidence that shows otherwise. 

Thank You so much for sharing the info. It is so appreciated, because I knew Carnival was holding off letting people know about it. I saw a vlog from someone on the 6th deck. I could hear all the construction, but had not actually seen any reviews from anyone who actually could confirm it. When I saw the picture on a group I am in, I screamed aloud because I was so happy to see the proof in the pudding. I thank you an de trvlglrlmq for proving the rumors were true. I did not know where the original pictures came from, but I really thank you so much for posting them for us to see. Could you please tell me what that smaller box under the desk beside the fridge is for?

No problem. It's just a little storage cabinet/night stand. In trvlgirlmq's picture its sitting between the beds since they are split. I have 3 posts on a Facebook group called Carnival Sunrise (Triumph) that I posted Monday. Look for one with the cabin number 7365 and several pics and then you can easily identify the rest. They will close to the top

Edited by MediumB
more info
  • Thanks 1

This is so awesome! Last cruise I took on the Sunshine two people with at least 2 devices each and an extension cord stretched from the desk was just a hazard for those middle of night trips to the bathroom.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:59 AM, GMRPHRN said:

This is so awesome! Last cruise I took on the Sunshine two people with at least 2 devices each and an extension cord stretched from the desk was just a hazard for those middle of night trips to the bathroom.

I believe this thread is talking about the current Triumph soon to be converted to SUNRISE. There was a post a couple of days ago asking if the drydock just completed onthe SUNSHINE included adding the USB ports. I'm following it, but haven't seen an answer yet. Hopefully someone who's on her currently will have an answer to yours and my question soon. We sail on her November 2 and would like to know.

Finally, on board Triumph at 1:30 today. What a mess for embark! Port personnel blamed all on the “construction on the ship.” 

Deck 7 cabins have been renovated. They are still working on port side of deck 8 cabins; nothing yet done on starboard. No work yet on deck 6 or deck 9 (Lido) cabins.

The lady that checked us in said she had instructions to tell every guest, regardless of priority, that no one could access cabins until after 1:30. She said this is a new policy going forward for the port. It was a moot point, today, since we didn’t even board until after that time.

Did you happen to get a look at the grand suites? Is the television in the middle of the room like on the Horizon? They have it where it swivels from the main bed to the couch. I’m not crazy about that set up because not everyone can see the TV in the evening when lying down in their bed. I know it’s trivial but it just bugs me.